Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default NAACP launches coalition watchdog site to ‘monitor’ Tea Party ‘racists’

Does the hypocrisy and outright dishonesty of this not entertain? They will probably be lauded by the clown prince of Washington DC as a valuable part of society today for monitoring those dangerous TEA party people. Egads.......

Link

The NAACP partnered with Media Matters, Think Progress and New Left Media to launch teapartytracker.org, a website that will specifically publish and monitor “racism and other forms of extremism within the Tea Party movement.”

Media Matters and Think Progress representatives said their content and reporting haven’t changed and that the NAACP approached their organizations seeking only to republish select content they’ve produced. The NAACP’s new teapartytracker.org is aimed specifically at highlighting “racism” in the Tea Party.

New Left Media, the duo of Chase Whiteside and Erick Stoll who use a “Trojan trick” to get interviews with Tea Partiers, is also a partner organization on the new site.

.: Read the rest of this article :.
    Last edited by BoogyMan; 09-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone who is against democrats is a racist to them, so they won't have any trouble finding racists in the population. If they do a good job they may be offered a position with the government and can do it on an official basis. Let's get those jack boots shined up pretty.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do we know they aren't going to have "plants"? Just like Sara Palin,the opposition is terrified of the tea party. I think the tea party should do the same back. "Watch" these jackasses for incidents of racism....that would be hilarious to give em a taste of their own medicine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, they won't be too busy.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    How do we know they aren't going to have "plants"? Just like Sara Palin,the opposition is terrified of the tea party. I think the tea party should do the same back. "Watch" these jackasses for incidents of racism....that would be hilarious to give em a taste of their own medicine.
    WELL that wouldn't be too hard.every time Grease Ball Al or Jesse Jackass open their mouths it's RACIST

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The assessment seems accurate enough. http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/racepolitics.html

For instance, the Tea Party, the grassroots movement committed to reining in what they perceive as big government, and fiscal irresponsibility, also appear predisposed to intolerance. Approximately 45%of Whites either strongly or somewhat approve of the movement. Of those, only 35% believe Blacks to be hardworking, only 45 % believe Blacks are intelligent, and only 41% think that Blacks are trustworthy. Perceptions of Latinos aren’t much different. While 54% of White Tea Party supporters believe Latinos to be hardworking, only 44% think them intelligent, and even fewer, 42% of Tea Party supporters believe Latinos to be trustworthy. When it comes to gays and lesbians, White Tea Party supporters also hold negative attitudes. Only 36% think gay and lesbian couples should be allowed to adopt children, and just 17% are in favor of same-sex marriage.
    Of course, instead of actual response to the study, I can expect squawking about the "liberal communist Muslim atheist Marxist" university professor(s) who commissioned it, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by REDWHITEBLUE2 View Post
    WELL that wouldn't be too hard.every time Grease Ball Al or Jesse Jackass open their mouths it's RACIST
    "Grease Ball" is considered an ethnic pejorative, but why don't you elaborate on this statement about "RACIST"?
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If someone started a website to monitor NAACP racists, it would grow bigger than fucking Facebook.

By it's very nature, the NAACP is racist.

Tell me every liberal on the planet wouldn't shit their pants if, say Hog started an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    The assessment seems accurate enough. http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/racepolitics.html

Of course, instead of actual response to the study, I can expect squawking about the "liberal communist Muslim atheist Marxist" university professor(s) who commissioned it, I'm sure.
    I will jump in here. Your study seems to equate perception to racism, a more ignorant path to complete mental flacidity could not be found. My perception of someone doesn't make me a racist.

Link

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled
    [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
    Liberals have, for decades now, felt that they had the right to redefine terms in order to make them fit their political and social agendas. I won't sit by while you try this here and not point it out.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    If someone started a website to monitor NAACP racists, it would grow bigger than fucking Facebook.

Tell me every liberal on the planet wouldn't shit their pants if, say Hog started an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of White People.
    This comment is idiocy, and not simply because there is an existent NAAWP that was started by David Duke. There was a need for ethnic minorities to organize together because they were all the common victims of discriminatory state policies that targeted them as a whole, and they needed to band together and react as a whole. "Whites" as a whole have never been the victims of such discrimination, though individual white ethnic groups (Irish, Italians, etc.), have, which is why there are still interest groups for these ethnicities within what is currently defined as the larger "white race." So it would be a matter of organization against oppression compared to organization to perpetuate such oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    I will jump in here. Your study seems to equate perception to racism, a more ignorant path to complete mental flacidity could not be found. My perception of someone doesn't make me a racist.
    Actually, if your perceptions involve persistently negative stereotypes about racial and ethnic minorities, I would say that they do.

Liberals have, for decades now, felt that they had the right to redefine terms in order to make them fit their political and social agendas. I won't sit by while you try this here and not point it out.
    Since I am not a "liberal," this comment is inapplicable to me. But I wish you luck in your valiant crusade to change word meanings so that they're consistently inaccurate. Sounds like a good cause.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Actually, if your perceptions involve persistently negative stereotypes about racial and ethnic minorities, I would say that they do.
    That would be because liberals (you included) have so misused the term "racist" that it actually has no meaning any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate
    Since I am not a "liberal," this comment is inapplicable to me. But I wish you luck in your valiant crusade to change word meanings so that they're consistently inaccurate. Sounds like a good cause.
    I want words to mean what they actually mean, not what you (an unabashed liberal whether you like the term or not) would like to redefine them to mean.

A perception that a certain group has specific qualities means nothing without intent to portray oneself as superior.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

I've no doubt that Hog would love to, problem is whites are not so much PC as much as not as charged up about racism-for or against themselves or others.

On the other hand, regarding the 'study' and use of regression to 'tease' out the findings, that there are biases in all groups seems to be a given. To use it to extrapolate to racism seems a huge leap. Wonder what the results would be of members of ACLU and bias against conservatives?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be because liberals (you included) have so misused the term "racist" that it actually has no meaning any longer.
    I am not a "liberal." That said, this sentiment is one of racial resentment, a facet of "angry white male" syndrome. It's repeated by many white supremacists. http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t696224/

The tea party crowd are comprised of ordinary White Americans, just as White Nationalists are. Culturally and traditionally, they're basically the same as White Nationalists - both rooted in the earlier paleo-conservative value system. The only difference might be that the neo-conservatives seem to think they can manipulate the tea partiers much more easily than they can manipulate White Nationalists. Of course, from the liberal side, the only thing they can throw out is the "race card," so therefore they will keep using the label of "racist" against the tea partiers. "Racist" is really the only rhetorical weapon the liberals have in their arsenal, and since they disingenuously overuse that label as much as they do, even that is starting to lose its power.

Instead of mindlessly throwing around labels like "racist," liberals might actually have to make real, genuine arguments in the future - something they've proven incapable of doing. They've come to rely so much on calling people "racist" to get their way, they use it mostly as a crutch these days.
    That's because they are at their core socially right-wing and share the same underlying moral views as mainline rightists. They regard ethnic minorities as disproportionate violators of their moral codes (high welfare users, etc.), with Tea Partiers more likely to make a subconscious association between their race and their immorality because their ethnicity functions as a convenient mechanism for quick categorizations and generalizations, and white nationalists and other supremacists having transformed this into an explicit connection.

I want words to mean what they actually mean, not what you (an unabashed liberal whether you like the term or not) would like to redefine them to mean.
    Your reference to me as a "liberal" is amusing, if nothing else. Perhaps you should capitalize on the fact that I'm far to the left of any liberal? I am an anarcho-communist.

A perception that a certain group has specific qualities means nothing without intent to portray oneself as superior.
    That is a common sentiment of white nationalists, who depict different ethnic groups as possessing innate gene-based behavioral differences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    On the other hand, regarding the 'study' and use of regression to 'tease' out the findings, that there are biases in all groups seems to be a given. To use it to extrapolate to racism seems a huge leap. Wonder what the results would be of members of ACLU and bias against conservatives?
    So what exactly should the inclination to possess negative stereotypes and images about racial/ethnic minorities to a greater degree than the general population be called, then?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Only Whites are Racist

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who's he supposed to be "racist" against, himself? He's clearly mixed.