Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New Contest

We haven't had a contest in awhile and I thought I could do a "little" to give back to the dedicated community.

This contest will be very simple - Whoever makes the most posts in September will win. I know today is the 4th already, so it will be the posts made thus far this month through the 30th. On 10/1 we will know who won.

1 - I've added a counter feature measuring the posts for any given month or year. At the top of the board, click on "Quick Links" and then the last option under there for "Top Posters of the Month/Year". This way all participants can see how they all fare, total post wise. It's also cool to look over the months and totals to see how things progress. Going by this tool, Palin Rider and Noir are the leaders thus far, with Gaffer and PostmodernProphet right behind them.

2 - I will be monitoring the progress the best I can and will keep an eye out for post whoring and/or stupid posts to just raise one's post count. Hopefully everyone will post normally, and just maybe be a little more involved in an effort to win the contest.

The member with the most posts before October will win $25 via Paypal! I know it's not a fortune, but it's still a fun contest and a little cash on the side for doing what you do already. Maybe I'll update a bit as we go along as a reminder and to add to the fun.

If I'm missing something or if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here.

Good luck!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'll add in another $10.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Great ideas you guys!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Got my eyes on you Palin Rider
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

good luck everyone. I read more than I post so no ones going to have to worry about me winning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    good luck everyone. I read more than I post so no ones going to have to worry about me winning.

Any other time, I could be in the running, but I need to work on applications and cover letters, more than posting.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Got my eyes on you Palin Rider
    We Yanks already kicked your backsides once. Are you sure you're up for more punishment?
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Current leaders:

Noir - 82
    Palin Rider - 73
    Kathianne - 57
    Agnopostate - 54
    PostmodernProphet - 50
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    We Yanks already kicked your backsides once. Are you sure you're up for more punishment?
    Pfffff, yeah, but y'all didn't half to take on any Norn Irish back then
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Pfffff, yeah, but y'all didn't half to take on any Norn Irish back then
    It was all one big norn Irish back then and the brits kinda had there hands full controlling that. What with garrisoning an entire country and dealing with the meddlesome French.

We probably had a few Irish companies in the revolutionary Army at the time. Every country in the world up until about 1930 that fought ever fought the brits had an Irish brigade. Except maybe the Zulu's.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    It was all one big norn Irish back then and the brits kinda had there hands full controlling that. What with garrisoning an entire country and dealing with the meddlesome French.

We probably had a few Irish companies in the revolutionary Army at the time. Every country in the world up until about 1930 that fought ever fought the brits had an Irish brigade. Except maybe the Zulu's.
    Indeedy, well, infact it was just Ireland, and had been since the 17th Century and Ireland was the most Royalist state in the Kingdom. How times change.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just an Fyi, and something I should have stated from the beginning, this contest is for "regular members" only and staff cannot win. RSR is the front runner, and deserves "kudos" for his participation, but I don't want anyone thinking it was an "inside job" should a staff member win.

Noir is in the lead with Palin Rider about 30 posts behind, and mrskurtsprincess only a handful behind him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Posted on 08 Sept 2010:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Current leaders:

Noir - 82
    Palin Rider - 73
    Kathianne - 57
    Agnopostate - 54
    PostmodernProphet - 50
    They've each put that many posts in four days???

Yeesh! I don't put up that many in a month!
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Posted on 08 Sept 2010:

Well, if I get into a good debate with someone my post count will skyrocket in a day.....and the person I'm debating with .... their post count will also go up. So, when you see a regular's post count go up so fast they are probably engaged in a lively debate .... which is what we want to see around here!!!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Posted on 08 Sept 2010:

Ohhhhhhh, listen to Mr Fancy pants with his *real life*