Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I have no problem with civil unions. It's having the advantages of a real marriage between a man and a woman that the queers been bitching about. Let 'em have the union.

But marriage, as in a holy union, in the eyes of God, can only be between a man and woman. To think it can be anything else is foolishness.
    Well dude, the issue of civil unions is the kernel of the debate. Nobody cares about religious marriages. If queers get to have civil unions, which are unions recognized by the state, they will get all the rights they deserve, such as inheritance, hospital visitation, etc. that hetero couples enjoy. My question is why shouldn't they have these rights? Do you really believe that it would somehow make hetero marriages less special?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    LMFAO!

[inane personal insult removed] you never fail, I thank you!

Well, this IS the steel cage!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    While it is stupid, it's something I've seen you do too.
    I give what I get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Why though? Do you actually get pleasure from seeing people unhappy? Do you claim to be a Christian?
    Baptised yes, what I consider to be a practicing hardcore Christian no.

What is mistaken for unhappiness is possibly a mental condition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well dude, the issue of civil unions is the kernel of the debate. Nobody cares about religious marriages. If queers get to have civil unions, which are unions recognized by the state, they will get all the rights they deserve, such as inheritance, hospital visitation, etc. that hetero couples enjoy. My question is why shouldn't they have these rights? Do you really believe that it would somehow make hetero marriages less special?
    No. Not at all. They should have all the rights to go with the union. I just feel marriage is for a man and woman.

I really don't give a ratass what faggots do. It's when they start pushing their agenda in school, trying to pass laws that stiffle opposing opinions, and try and tell people they're normal, that I have a huge problem with them.

They should just keep their shit packing, cock sucking ways behind closed doors out of sight. It's sick and disgusting, and normal poeple don't want to hear or see anything about it. Because like most, the more I'm forced to hear about fags pushing this and that, in schools trying to indoctrinate little boys and girls, and pass laws trying to shut normal up, it really pisses me off. It makes me dislike them even more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. Not at all. They should have all the rights to go with the union. I just feel marriage is for a man and woman.

I really don't give a ratass what faggots do. It's when they start pushing their agenda in school, trying to pass laws that stiffle opposing opinions, and try and tell people they're normal, that I have a huge problem with them.

They should just keep their shit packing, cock sucking ways behind closed doors and out of sight. It's sick and disgusting, and normal poeple don't want to hear or see anything about it. Because like most, the more I'm forced to hear about fags pushing this and that, in schools trying to indoctrinate little boys and girls, and pass laws trying to shut normal up, it really pisses me off. It makes me dislike them even more.
    I think you misinterpret education for indoctrination. I'm sure that there are a very small number of extreme homos who want to make the whole world a gay orgy, but this number is very small. There are extremists for every dogma and I think your hostility is misdirected. I actually agree with you on this issue. I don't care if homos get unions and all the rights that go with them, in fact I hope that they do get them so that I don't have to hear about the "debate" anymore. But I still don't think you can attempt to control religious marriage without stepping onto some seriously dangerous freedom of religion ground. It's perfectly acceptable to fight against this practice (gay marriage) inside your own religious sect, but there will always be liberal churches that sanctify gay marriage. That you can't control.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you misinterpret education for indoctrination. I'm sure that there are a very small number of extreme homos who want to make the whole world a gay orgy, but this number is very small. There are extremists for every dogma and I think your hostility is misdirected. I actually agree with you on this issue. I don't care if homos get unions and all the rights that go with them, in fact I hope that they do get them so that I don't have to hear about the "debate" anymore. But I still don't think you can attempt to control religious marriage without stepping onto some seriously dangerous freedom of religion ground. It's perfectly acceptable to fight against this practice (gay marriage) inside your own religious sect, but there will always be liberal churches that sanctify gay marriage. That you can't control.
    I don't think queers need to have anything at all to do with the school system. They should just keep out of it completely. I sure the hell wouldn't want somebody telling my young child that homosexuality was normal, without me knowing about it. That's wrong, and it's a lie.

And sure, there's probably going to be some screwy fringe church run by queers that will marry queers, but the state won't recognize it as legal. OCA was posting some links with facts about more and more states that were making it illegal, so there's a trend there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do all realise OCA posts for laughs and reactions are what he laughs at?

He's a nice guy really, when you reply to him, it's not always him, most times it is the mood he is in that you are talking to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    You do all realise OCA posts for laughs and reactions are what he laughs at?

He's a nice guy really, when you reply to him, it's not always him, most times it is the mood he is in that you are talking to.
    I just think of him as a talking sandwich.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't think queers need to have anything at all to do with the school system. They should just keep out of it completely. I sure the hell wouldn't want somebody telling my young child that homosexuality was normal, without me knowing about it. That's wrong, and it's a lie.

And sure, there's probably going to be some screwy fringe church run by queers that will marry queers, but the state won't recognize it as legal. OCA was posting some links with facts about more and more states that were making it illegal, so there's a trend there.
    The bolded part is the gist of it. You can find a "church" and a "minister" to do just about anything these days. But they don't just want a fringe church to marry them, and they don't just want equal rights under the law. They want it recognized as a normal marriage, just like a hetero couple's, by the government and by the general public.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The bolded part is the gist of it. You can find a "church" and a "minister" to do just about anything these days. But they don't just want a fringe church to marry them, and they don't just want equal rights under the law. They want it recognized as a normal marriage, just like a hetero couple's, by the government and by the general public.
    Well, by the government more than anything. Basically they want the marriage to be legal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Well, by the government more than anything. Basically they want the marriage to be legal.
    If it is only about legality, then why are they not satisfied with a legal civil union with all the same rights as a marriage?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it is only about legality, then why are they not satisfied with a legal civil union with all the same rights as a marriage?
    As far as I know, that's not even being offered as an option.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who says they aren't? You? Rosie? Rosie isn't the emperor of gay people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Not much of a stretch to assume, given that all the symbolic gay "marriages" and the pushing for legalization of gay marriage.

Do you (plural) know that not to be the case?

-Abbey