Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    I didn't need a sample, because I never made a statistical claim.

Those were Pagan's statistics, not mine.
    so what you're saying is you don't have the sack for an actual debate
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    "Most men don't want commitment because they can't afford it financially. "?

So where exactly did you get this? Did you just make it up?
    I think mine is a bit simpler.

Because men are sometimes selfish dogs and don't want the responsibility even if they can afford it.

Imagine that your rich and have a neighbor that owns a cow and you can invite the cow over and get free milk anytime you want. Why would you buy the cow?

(Sorry ladies for the cow analogy)

Sometimes it just plain idea of being "tied down" to 1 woman seems stifling.

Um what about she's got 3 kids, that stopped me from continuing to date one girl. That was to much for me.
    See, the thing is, I don't mind the guys who don't want to get married, that's perfectly. I do want to be married, I want just one woman, and that's perfectly fine as well.

However, I never post threads attacking the bachelor lifestyle, I just leave them to it. My problem is threads like this, where some yahoo jumps up and decides for everybody what men think. Most men get married, most women get married, and yes, there are times when that's a bad choice, such as when you're the kind of guy who doesn't understand or want a committed relationship.

They go on about biological impulses, or finance, but they completely miss what a marriage is really about. Is it more difficult if your finances suck? Of course, just like it is more difficult to get to work when your car breaks down. It doesn't mean you need to quit your job, just that it is not as easy as it once was, and you'll need to make some adjustments.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

Imagine that your rich and have a neighbor that owns a cow and you can invite the cow over and get free milk anytime you want. Why would you buy the cow?
    having grown up on a farm there are few things I recall that you may want to consider
    .....cows never come when you invite them, you have to chase them in from the field....
    .....you have to milk a cow regularly, or she goes dry....
    .....cows eat a lot.....
    .....you never know who else has milked the cow.....
    .....no matter how often you milk them, cows never really put any effort into it, they just stand there, chewing their cud...
    ....and never once has a cow turned and said, "was it good for you?".........
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 09-20-2010 at 08:31 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    so what you're saying is you don't have the sack for an actual debate
    Don't expect people to defend points they didn't make. Only some yahoo would make such a stupid mistake.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I got those figures of of this website -
    http://www.divorcerate.org/

But the "official" rate is 49% according to the CDC

Marriage rate: 7.1 per 1,000 total population
    Divorce rate: 3.5 per 1,000 population (44 reporting States and D.C.)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/divorce.htm
    between 51 and 59% of first marriages DO NOT end in divorce. You realize that those statistics prove that longterm marriages are NOT a rarity, as you previously claimed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't expect people to defend points they didn't make. Only some yahoo would make such a stupid mistake.
    Well, let's look at this: You won't really back up your own OP, admonish people for posting actual statistics while refusing to put up any yourself, and the only responses you do give are dodges. That's all behavior of someone who doesn't have the sack for a real debate.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, let's look at this: You won't really back up your own OP,
    My OP is my own opinion: I didn't try to present it as anything else. What kind of "backup" were you expecting?

admonish people for posting actual statistics while refusing to put up any yourself
    Total falsehood. Show me where I admonished anyone.

and the only responses you do give are dodges. That's all behavior of someone who doesn't have the sack for a real debate.
    And these quotes are all great examples of trolling.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    between 51 and 59% of first marriages DO NOT end in divorce. You realize that those statistics prove that longterm marriages are NOT a rarity, as you previously claimed.
    If one would factor in those not getting married at all, I say it's rather pathetic.

I don't have the stat's but I believe it's safe to say that those who live in rural small community's the divorce rate is down and the major population areas it's through the roof. Again, no stat's but I believe that's a reasonable estimation.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If one would factor in those not getting married at all, I say it's rather pathetic.

I don't have the stats but I believe it's safe to say that those who live in rural small community's the divorce rate is down and the major population areas it's through the roof. Again, no stats but I believe that's a reasonable estimation.
    You have no stats to back you up. You believe, you think???????

51-59% of marriages DO NOT END IN DIVORCE, and YOU think that's pathetic?????

You can't factor in hypothetical "people who never got married"

You also have no stats for rural vs metropolitan. Good lord come up with an argument or give up. You are wrong. Marriage is alive and well, your stats back it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have no stats to back you up. You believe, you think???????
    Maybe that's why I stated that I don't have stat's to back it which would be called a guess numbnutts

51-59% of marriages DO NOT END IN DIVORCE, and YOU think that's pathetic?????
    Government stat's show 49.2% end in divorce, yes I say that's pathetic. You think it's great ?

You can't factor in hypothetical "people who never got married"

You also have no stats for rural vs metropolitan. Good lord come up with an argument or give up. You are wrong. Marriage is alive and well, your stats back it up.
    Maybe that's why I stated that I don't have stat's for I haven't found them ya think, it's called a guess fucktard

Give me a break
    Last edited by Pagan; 09-21-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My OP is my own opinion: I didn't try to present it as anything else. What kind of "backup" were you expecting?

Total falsehood. Show me where I admonished anyone.

And these quotes are all great examples of trolling.
    You keep poking at Pagan's stats, you've been doing it the whole time. And if it's just your opinion, then why in the hell did you post it in a debate forum with being ready for a debate on it?

If you just wanted to post and walk away, then do so. Otherwise, start answering with actual answers, and not this garbage you keep going with.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe that's why I stated that I don't have stat's to back it which would be called a guess numbnutts

Government stat's show 49.2% end in divorce, yes I say that's pathetic. You think it's great ?
    It's not great, but it's not the end of marriage either. Yes, people who have no business getting married in the first are likely going to fail in their marriages, but the OP threw out the half-assed opinion that the majority of men don't want to commit, which is clearly made incorrect by those stats.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

According to the statistics they are a rarity
    You were proven wrong onthis by YOUR OWN STATS!!!! IT is not a rarity!!!

I don't have the stat's but I believe it's safe to say that those who live in rural small community's the divorce rate is down and the major population areas it's through the roof. Again, no stat's but I believe that's a reasonable estimation.
    The point trigg was making to you is that your pulling information out of your ass and attempting to present it as pertinent information which it is not!!!! Why would you factor in percieved people NOT getting married in a thread about marriage/divorce rates!!! Kind of pathetic isn't it????

Maybe that's why I stated that I don't have stat's for I haven't found them ya think, it's called a guess fucktard

Give me a break
    Why do YOU feel the need to call Trigg names??? did she use any colorful language towards YOU??? I didn't see any and when you join a new board maybe you should get to know the people on the board before coming in acting like a complete fucking idiot and talking down to members who have been on here a long time. Maybe if you weren't so biased because of your own failing in marriage you wouldn't be such an asshole!!!! Than again maybe your jsut a jerkoff thats gets his kicks out of calling others names just for the fun of it... Fucking assmunch!!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You keep poking at Pagan's stats, you've been doing it the whole time.
    I said "show me where." Clearly you can't, because I haven't been doing what you accused me of.

And if it's just your opinion, then why in the hell did you post it in a debate forum with being ready for a debate on it?
    Do you see anybody "debating" here, with 95% of the threads polluted with rightwing spam? I sure as hell don't.

If you just wanted to post and walk away, then do so. Otherwise, start answering with actual answers, and not this garbage you keep going with.
    So do you have an actual question? You need one of those for an actual answer.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Not quite: what's BS is to say "4 out of 5 people I know are happy, therefore 4 out of 5 people in the US/UK/world must be happy." (It's what statisticians call an "invalid sample.")

Got it?
    Show me where someone said one equates with the other.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey