Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    It means that you like to build wealth instead of asking whitey to give it to you.
    Well, seeing as how I am whitey, I don't really have anybody to ask for money. Gotta make it myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I leave home renovating to those are experienced in that area.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Well, seeing as how I am whitey, I don't really have anybody to ask for money. Gotta make it myself.
    You racist!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I crawled up in my attic today and tied my attic fan into the grid. Whew! It had to be like 130 degrees F up there. I had to bring water up there with me because the sweat was just gushing out of me. I got her hooked up though--didn't take too long either. Just had to couple the wires, tack the wires up nice and neat and then feed it down into a hole I drilled, down through the wall and into the basement where I installed the breaker.

Works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I crawled up in my attic today and tied my attic fan into the grid. Whew! It had to be like 130 degrees F up there. I had to bring water up there with me because the sweat was just gushing out of me. I got her hooked up though--didn't take too long either. Just had to couple the wires, tack the wires up nice and neat and then feed it down into a hole I drilled, down through the wall and into the basement where I installed the breaker.

Works like a charm.
    I just replaced one of mine, since the motor locked up after 15 years. I knew there was a problem because the room next to the attic stairs smelled like attic. I did the work at night to keep from getting heatstroke.

I hope you used romex wire to the unit, and not just staple on zip cord like my old man would do. Current codes also require a "disconnect" near the unit to allow servicing without having to go into another room to set a breaker (mine's a simple wall switch in the circuit, in a "blue box" nailed to an exposed framing member). Do you have a thermostat control on the unit or is it just always on?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I just replaced one of mine, since the motor locked up after 15 years. I knew there was a problem because the room next to the attic stairs smelled like attic. I did the work at night to keep from getting heatstroke.

I hope you used romex wire to the unit, and not just staple on zip cord like my old man would do. Current codes also require a "disconnect" near the unit to allow servicing without having to go into another room to set a breaker (mine's a simple wall switch in the circuit, in a "blue box" nailed to an exposed framing member). Do you have a thermostat control on the unit or is it just always on?
    Of course! "Romex SIMpull with patent pending SIM Jacket." I used 12/2 600v wire with a 20 amp breaker.

I didn't put any kind of switch on it, but I guess I could. I've got a couple of extra switch boxes lying around and I've got a box of light switches too. Think I should? It would be pretty simple to do I guess.

Yes, it has thermostat control attached to the unit. I set it on 95 degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Of course! "Romex SIMpull with patent pending SIM Jacket." I used 12/2 600v wire with a 20 amp breaker.

I didn't put any kind of switch on it, but I guess I could. I've got a couple of extra switch boxes lying around and I've got a box of light switches too. Think I should? It would be pretty simple to do I guess.

You da romex man!

I always recommend installing per latest code unless you can't. That way if you become a gazillionaire the guy and the guy that buys this house decides to elecute himslf he can't get some liberal pansy judge to screw you.

If you do put one in, you'll need to use a switch that can handle 20 amps, since you used a 20 amp breaker. Most wall switches are only 15.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

don't forget to upgrade to the Binford man's kitchen

[youtube]cuJD1-1e-i4[/youtube]