Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Wife has it pretty much under control, though her shrink has been dicking around with her meds so some days are better than others, but most are good. Better living through chemistry! As I stated, her daughter is doing time, she is untreated and continues to make wrong choices. We did all we could for her until she turned 18, then she split and there was nothing we could do.

I have sister, derpressed and a drinker.
    Your an atheist right? So what keeps you going and belieivng in good things for yourself and family?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    He's a monster
    Yes there are those out there, I was attempting to get across that IMO it's way too over prescribed today. But yes, there are insane people, just go downtown and you'll run into a number of them.

Also what I find interesting is a few years back I was listening to a talk show while driving one night. There was a Psychologist on who stated that Sociopaths are many out there and only a small amount of them turn out to be serial killers and what not. That most are successful Politicians and Businessman, the ability to not have a conscience helps them become very successful. I found that it both made complete sense and absolutely fascinating, I guess that explains why I'm not rich and famous
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Yes there are those out there, I was attempting to get across that IMO it's way too over prescribed today. But yes, there are insane people, just go downtown and you'll run into a number of them.

Also what I find interesting is a few years back I was listening to a talk show while driving one night. There was a Psychologist on who stated that Sociopaths are many out there and only a small amount of them turn out to be serial killers and what not. That most are successful Politicians and Businessman, the ability to not have a conscience helps them become very successful. I found that it both made complete sense and absolutely fascinating, I guess that explains why I'm not rich and famous
    Cuz your a serial killer? ( I kid I kid.....don't put me on your killing list)

My dad is like what you described but I think the alcoholism slows him down from carrying out some acts unimaginable. Yet he wouldn't feel bad if did them, he's just unable to now because he is old and a drunk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Your an atheist right? So what keeps you going and belieivng in good things for yourself and family?
    More of an Agnostic, but not far from the Atheist border.

What keeps me going...

I love my wife. She makes me happy and I make her happy. I have two daughters of my own whom I am very proud of, they make me smile every time I think of them. I love my step daughter, regardless of her troubles. I've never been a pessimist. I just do what needs to be done, do my best, and let the rest take care of itself. I figure that as long as I do my best, there is nothing more to be done and no reason to worry.

My mom and I have a great relationship. My dad and I had a good relationship which, after taking care of a couple of issues between us, turned out great for the last fifteen or twenty years of his life. My sister and I... Well, let's just say we're working on it.

So, what keeps me going? Love, optimism, and having no regrets. You can't change the past, you can only move forward.

Oh, and I listen to Jimmy Buffett.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    More of an Agnostic, but not far from the Atheist border.

What keeps me going...

I love my wife. She makes me happy and I make her happy. I have two daughters of my own whom I am very proud of, they make me smile every time I think of them. I love my step daughter, regardless of her troubles. I've never been a pessimist. I just do what needs to be done, do my best, and let the rest take care of itself. I figure that as long as I do my best, there is nothing more to be done and no reason to worry.

My mom and I have a great relationship. My dad and I had a good relationship which, after taking care of a couple of issues between us, turned out great for the last fifteen or twenty years of his life. My sister and I... Well, let's just say we're working on it.

So, what keeps me going? Love, optimism, and having no regrets. You can't change the past, you can only move forward.

Oh, and I listen to Jimmy Buffett.
    Maybe I should listen to Jimmy Buffet.....I will try that prescription

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Maybe I should listen to Jimmy Buffet.....I will try that prescription
    You'd be surprised...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Nope. I don't want this to sound harsh but I don't dwell much on others lives, their life will only affect my life if I let them, imo, and I'm not much in favor of that.
    I don't think that's harsh, I asked because I really wondered how you dealt with it. Thanks for sharing. Nite

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I could probably count how many people are sane because the number is fewer.

I would say the craziest/insane person in my family is my brother who is in prison for killing three people.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    I could probably count how many people are sane because the number is fewer.

I would say the craziest/insane person in my family is my brother who is in prison for killing three people.
    I hear ya sister, I have a murderer in my family too. But she killed herself after stabbing her cheating husband to death so no worries over her anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I hear ya sister, I have a murderer in my family too. But she killed herself after stabbing her cheating husband to death so no worries over her anymore.
    Well....my brother was convicted during the Rose Bird years in CA ... no death penalty.....instead, he got three consecutive life terms.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well....my brother was convicted during the Rose Bird years in CA ... no death penalty.....instead, he got three consecutive life terms.
    At least he's locked up. So that's good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

It took my sister over 4 years to get the courage to tell what he did to her and turn him in...when she was 14 he took her out to the place where he killed and buried the other three women (two of them were her friends). He brutually beat, raped and threatened to kill her also if she ever told. Her testimony and showing the authorities where the bodies were buried is what put him away.

I still believe it was carrying around that secret and living with the memories that helped her contract cancer ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It took my sister over 4 years to get the courage to tell what he did to her and turn him in...when she was 14 he took her out to the place where he killed and buried the other three women (two of them were her friends). He brutually beat, raped and threatened to kill her also if she ever told. Her testimony and showing the authorities where the bodies were buried is what put him away.

I still believe it was carrying around that secret and living with the memories that helped her contract cancer ....
    She was brave, my family doesn't tell or talk about any of it. Plus our psychopath is still alive and free.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Well, I didn't say all the psychopaths in my family are locked up....currently it is just the one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I didn't say all the psychopaths in my family are locked up....currently it is just the one.
    But they still give you Internet access in there? Nice place.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin