Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    But they still give you Internet access in there? Nice place.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Well, I didn't say all the psychopaths in my family are locked up....currently it is just the one.
    yeah I only have 2 in my family that are living, and they live in las vegas. I don't deal with them at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But they still give you Internet access in there? Nice place.

Do you have anybody in your family that has mental illness? It is really awful to deal with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an uncle who ran to the Navajo Nation to escape a warrant.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an uncle who ran to the Navajo Nation to escape a warrant.
    I guess we all have someone in the family with serious issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Anyone have any physically ill people in their family? You know, those crazy impaired people who refuse who abandon their walkers and wheelchairs and walk around normally like the rest of us? How silly is that?
    Not to mention the crazy old people with Alzheimer's and dementia. What is up with those freaks.
    And we won't even discuss those with terminal illnesses. Why would they give up on us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Do you have Mentally Ill people in your family?

Nope, no liberals.

(Sorry, had to say it! )
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Anyone have any physically ill people in their family? You know, those crazy impaired people who refuse who abandon their walkers and wheelchairs and walk around normally like the rest of us? How silly is that?
    Not to mention the crazy old people with Alzheimer's and dementia. What is up with those freaks.
    And we won't even discuss those with terminal illnesses. Why would they give up on us?
    Yeah my ex husbands grandpa had dementia, we all pitched in and took care of him. My ex husbands grandma had a wheelchair and walker and she was my best friend throughout the marriage she lived with us half a year out of the year I loved taking her out to shop and stuff. But you could make a thread about family members whose disabilities.

I couldn't take care of my dad because his mental illness made him violent, he beat someones face in witha hammer and went to jail and when he got out he didnt change he beat my sister so bad her eyes were swollen shut for weeks and I have kids and can't have him around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that I think of it, I do have a great-aunt with dementia in some facility. I guess I was thinking 'crazy' mental illness.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that I think of it, I do have a great-aunt with dementia in some facility. I guess I was thinking 'crazy' mental illness.
    was it an old folks home?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    More of an Agnostic, but not far from the Atheist border.

What keeps me going...

I love my wife. She makes me happy and I make her happy. I have two daughters of my own whom I am very proud of, they make me smile every time I think of them. I love my step daughter, regardless of her troubles. I've never been a pessimist. I just do what needs to be done, do my best, and let the rest take care of itself. I figure that as long as I do my best, there is nothing more to be done and no reason to worry.

My mom and I have a great relationship. My dad and I had a good relationship which, after taking care of a couple of issues between us, turned out great for the last fifteen or twenty years of his life. My sister and I... Well, let's just say we're working on it.

So, what keeps me going? Love, optimism, and having no regrets. You can't change the past, you can only move forward.

Oh, and I listen to Jimmy Buffett.

When I read what you had to say I thought "here's a guy that knows what true hardship and emotional suffering are like." You are a very strong individual and your wife and family are very fortunate to have you in their lives. Not too many men would be that understanding and would prob'ly look for the nearest exit out of the situation.

I commend you for sticking it out and continuing to love our wife. She doesn't have her mental woes because she has chosen to have them. They are just a part of her that showed up in her genes. Far too many people jump ship nowdays at the first sign of trouble. It's reassuring to know there are individuals such as yourself that stick around and deal with it.....
    Last edited by Binky; 10-15-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You know, I haven't figured out yet whether you are being sarcastic or not. But judging from some of the crapola you've chosen to spiel post after post, I'll stick my neck out and say you're being sarcastic.

Since my mother spent the last seven years of her life suffering from Alzheimers I find what you said very offensive. My mother, bless her heart, was not a "crazy old woman". She was, however, someone, who for one reason or the other, acquired a mentally and physically dehilitating desease. She didn't choose to get it. She just did. And if she were here today she would tell me to ignore what you said and just "turn the other cheek." But you know something Gabs, (which is a great name for you because you gab too damn much), I'm sure as hell tired of getting my cheek slapped.

You're a mean spirited, poor excuse for a human being. Try thinking before shootin' off that big mouth of yours. I suspect that would be a novel thing for you...
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......