Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default The greatest Play in Baseball

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IrV8QPQAhxo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The best ever play was a player stopping some folks from exercising their right to free speech? Fair enough.

Also, lol at it being described as 'heroic'
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I remember that day and thinking those guys on the field are lucky they didn't get beat to death.

Still very inspiring that someone stepped up and did the right thing.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The best ever play was a player stopping some folks from exercising their right to free speech? Fair enough.

Also, lol at it being described as 'heroic'
    You know Noir, sometimes you are a very vivid reminder of why I don't like liberals.

Why would you think burning the American flag in the middle of a baseball field in the middle a baseball game is a good thing?

As for heroic ... the flag was completely doused in lighter fluid and could have been on fire and engulfed him. I'm sure that he would have still tried to save what he could of the flag even if it were burning.

As for the free speech thing....I guess Rick felt he also had a right to exercise his free speech ... which was...."Not my flag; not on my field and not during my game, assholes!!!"
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    You know Noir, sometimes you are a very vivid reminder of why I don't like liberals.

Why would you think burning the American flag in the middle of a baseball field in the middle a baseball game is a good thing?

As for heroic ... the flag was completely doused in lighter fluid and could have been on fire and engulfed him. I'm sure that he would have still tried to save what he could of the flag even if it were burning.

As for the free speech thing....I guess Rick felt he also had a right to exercise his free speech ... which was...."Not my flag; not on my field and not during my game, assholes!!!"
    tbh this reminds me of why I don't like some Americans. Y'all make such a big deal out of so little, and label it patriotism >,>

I didn't say it was a good thing, I just don't think it's a good thing (never mind some amazing heroic act) that they were stopped

Inwhich case we have different standards for the word heroic.

Mkay, suppression of free speech is free speech in itself, I'll keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Noir; 10-10-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sorry, Noir, but you're off base on this one. "Freedom of Speech" - please look it up and understand fully what it entails and whom it pertains to. It CERTAINLY doesn't give one the right to go onto private property and burn the American Flag, by disrupting an event at the same time. They lawfully should have been arrested for trespassing and likely banned from the stadium for life. Their right to free speech wasn't hindered in the slightest bit in this instance.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sorry, Noir, but you're off base on this one. "Freedom of Speech" - please look it up and understand fully what it entails and whom it pertains to. It CERTAINLY doesn't give one the right to go onto private property and burn the American Flag, by disrupting an event at the same time. They lawfully should have been arrested for trespassing and likely banned from the stadium for life. Their right to free speech wasn't hindered in the slightest bit in this instance.

So you're saying the guy only stopped them due to the legal technicality that they were not on public land? And wouldn't of cared if it had been on public land?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

So you're saying the guy only stopped them due to the legal technicality that they were not on public land? And wouldn't of cared if it had been on public land?
    give your brain a chance

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    give your brain a chance
    More fail trolling >,>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No, I meant exactly what I typed. They were involved in an illegal act on private property. Their right to "free speech" wasn't hindered in the slightest bit. If they did it outside the stadium on a public street, then maybe, but they didn't. They chose to do so on private property while disrupting a baseball game. Nowhere at all does freedom of speech give you any rights at all even near the ability to do what they attempted.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

tbh this reminds me of why I don't like some Americans. Y'all make such a big deal out of so little, and label it patriotism >,>

I didn't say it was a good thing, I just don't think it's a good thing (never mind some amazing heroic act) that they were stopped

Inwhich case we have different standards for the word heroic.

Mkay, suppression of free speech is free speech in itself, I'll keep that in mind.
    This is the very attitude that which lost your country to tyrants and communists. It was once a country to which I would look over and say 'I could live there if I had to". Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".

I would love to visit over there for the food, but no way would I accept work over there for more than 6 months.

Your people have no spine anymore. It has been bred out of you by years of oppression (mostly by outside influences).

The US runs the risk of the same thing. However in a few weeks, we will see who has woken up...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    No, I meant exactly what I typed. They were involved in an illegal act on private property. Their right to "free speech" wasn't hindered in the slightest bit. If they did it outside the stadium on a public street, then maybe, but they didn't. They chose to do so on private property while disrupting a baseball game. Nowhere at all does freedom of speech give you any rights at all even near the ability to do what they attempted.
    While ofcourse I concur that he was committing an illegal act, he was not stopped because it was illegal, but rather in what the act entailed illegal or otherwise.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    This is the very attitude that which lost your country to tyrants and communists. It was once a country to which I would look over and say 'I could live there if I had to". Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".

I would love to visit over there for the food, but no way would I accept work over there for more than 6 months.

Your people have no spine anymore. It has been bred out of you by years of oppression (mostly by outside influences).

The US runs the risk of the same thing. However in a few weeks, we will see who has woken up...

Comunisits I can somewhat understand (though I do not accept) but Tyrants? Can you please list these tyrants for me?

Also, I've become accustomed to being told on the one hand that I have no spine or principles, and on the other that I am an agenda pusher and like to push my beliefs down other peoples throats, odd no?
    Last edited by Noir; 10-10-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post

Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".
    AMEN. the muzzies own it. they can keep it !!!!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    AMEN. the muzzies own it. they can keep it !!!!!
    As always your arguement is well researched, objective and beautifully written, I shall give time before I respond so I can fully understand it's true worth which I know I have not yet been able to conceive, such is its brilliance.
    Last edited by Noir; 10-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.