Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I went on a vacation for over 2 weeks

It was real nice, I went to Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really liked Lexington Kentucky alot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    It was real nice, I went to Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really liked Lexington Kentucky alot.
    Good for you! I'm so jealous! What were some of the highlights? If you are like dmp or NightTrain, you got pics?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't have a neat camera like those two boys, I got some pics but compared to there landscape photos I must throw in the towel before begining

I liked Lexington Kentucky the best it has rolling hills and lots of trees, Georgetown is nearby and I liked it too. Downtown Cincinati is dirty.

I spent most of my time in Missouri at a family friends house. I went to see my roots. I was born there and had not been there since i was 4 yrs old. I saw the apartment I was born in. I saw my mothers relatives cemetary stones. I saw the school she went to as a little girl and the one bedroom house she grew up in, which is ghetto now. I tried to contact relative from my biological fathers side I have 2 unlces two aunts and cousins in missouri, but they wanted nothing to do with me LOL. I met some online friends and overall it was a very nice time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't have a neat camera like those two boys, I got some pics but compared to there landscape photos I must throw in the towel before begining

I liked Lexington Kentucky the best it has rolling hills and lots of trees, Georgetown is nearby and I liked it too. Downtown Cincinati is dirty.

I spent most of my time in Missouri at a family friends house. I went to see my roots. I was born there and had not been there since i was 4 yrs old. I saw the apartment I was born in. I saw my mothers relatives cemetary stones. I saw the school she went to as a little girl and the one bedroom house she grew up in, which is ghetto now. I tried to contact relative from my biological fathers side I have 2 unlces two aunts and cousins in missouri, but they wanted nothing to do with me LOL. I met some online friends and overall it was a very nice time.
    It sounds like a nice trip. Good thing you found that the long lost relatives deserve to stay so.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It sounds like a nice trip. Good thing you found that the long lost relatives deserve to stay so.

Yep I guess theres a good reason they are not present in my life. In St Louis the zoo is free and so is the Art Musuem, me and my mom really enjoyed the Art Museum, they had sculptures from greece and rome from the years 300-1200 and it was an open display, the sign said please do not touch, I felt like a little kid because I wanted to touch them, but I didn't do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yep I guess theres a good reason they are not present in my life. In St Louis the zoo is free and so is the Art Musuem, me and my mom really enjoyed the Art Museum, they had sculptures from greece and rome from the years 300-1200 and it was an open display, the sign said please do not touch, I felt like a little kid because I wanted to touch them, but I didn't do it.
    LOL! My favorite thing to do on vacation is visit the museums. If you ever get to Chicago, one of the very best things about it is that the Art Institute, the Planetarium, The Field Museum of Natural History, and the Chicago Museum are all within walking distance of each other. Find a hotel just South of I-290, (Eisenhower) and at Michigan. Another bonus is you are also within walking distance or a short cab ride to the Gold Coast shopping and a 10 minute walk to State Street. 15 minutes South you have the Museum of Science and Industry and the Oriental Museum of the University of Chicago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Downtown Cincinati is dirty.
    I'll second that.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I'll second that.

It was just mostly so big it scared me, but then so did parts of St Louis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL! My favorite thing to do on vacation is visit the museums. If you ever get to Chicago, one of the very best things about it is that the Art Institute, the Planetarium, The Field Museum of Natural History, and the Chicago Museum are all within walking distance of each other. Find a hotel just South of I-290, (Eisenhower) and at Michigan. Another bonus is you are also within walking distance or a short cab ride to the Gold Coast shopping and a 10 minute walk to State Street. 15 minutes South you have the Museum of Science and Industry and the Oriental Museum of the University of Chicago.
    Chicago would be fun to visit, I do enjoy the art musuems alot, I like to imagine what the artist was like and what the times were like during the artistic creation. It's wonderful. I would realy enjoy all those museums in chicago it sounds like it would be the best place to go for that sort of thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It was just mostly so big it scared me, but then so did parts of St Louis.
    Well I've only driven through Cincinnati, but I think downtown Chicago is much larger, I know the buildings are. But it is clean. Like Washington DC, Chicago is a good 'walking' town, as long as the weather is decent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Chicago is about five times bigger than Cincinnati. I was just down in Cincinnati yesterday. It is dirty compared to other cities I have been in. Not just the trash, but the feeling of old grime.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Chicago is about five times bigger than Cincinnati. I was just down in Cincinnati yesterday. It is dirty compared to other cities I have been in. Not just the trash, but the feeling of old grime.
    Daley for all of his misdeeds, has been very good at beautifying the city. It really is gorgeous. Lots of art and parks and flowers, even in the downtown.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you ever get to Dallas, go check out the book depository where President Kennedy was shot from. It was made into a musuem strckly to showcase him and his assination. There are lots of photos, and you can stand in front of the window where Oswald supposedly shot him from.... There is tourist memoriabelia as well for sale... Pretty neat actually, they way they have it set up.
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    If you ever get to Dallas, go check out the book depository where President Kennedy was shot from. It was made into a musuem strckly to showcase him and his assination. There are lots of photos, and you can stand in front of the window where Oswald supposedly shot him from.... There is tourist memoriabelia as well for sale... Pretty neat actually, they way they have it set up.
    "allegedly" shot...

I 'shot' these in Dallas a couple years ago

jfk2.jpg

jfk.jpg
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I've only driven through Cincinnati, but I think downtown Chicago is much larger, I know the buildings are. But it is clean. Like Washington DC, Chicago is a good 'walking' town, as long as the weather is decent.
    I wouldn't recommend walking in downtown Cincinnati after 5pm you might get shot. Of course you might get shot before 5 too.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer