Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Trust me, there are plenty of games to be played with budget appropriations. If they cap funding, we can just pull funding from one program to finance another.
    That's exactly what would be done.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Okay Bunny - So you understand:"Placing a fixed number-limit on the amount of troops we are to send to a particular engagement only BENEFITS our enemies. See - here's what you and your ilk don't get: The ENEMY doesn't READ or FOLLOW our plan for a particular conflict. The situation dictates how many troops should be in a given area - NOT some worthless political opportunist 'hack' of a senator.:
    See Gomer, that's better...Now you're giving your reasons, not Obama's. I disagree he is either worthless or a hack. He knows people are sick of military personal dying for a lost cause. Personally, I don't think Bush plans anything. He seems an off-the-cuff operator to me...

Six months ago people were blasting our President for not sending ENOUGH boots-on-the-ground. When I decides to send MORE, he get blasted for THAT.
    Freudian slip???

The REALLY ironic part is this: YOUR reply that MY reply added nothing SERIOUSLY didn't add anything to the conversation. At least ONE person thought enough of my Reply to quote it and reply in kind. I'll trust Gunny's judgment over the merits of a particular reply EVERY TIME over yours.

Actaully two people thought enough of it to reply to it...you forgot about me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Trust me, there are plenty of games to be played with budget appropriations. If they cap funding, we can just pull funding from one program to finance another.
    Actually, the admin isn't allowed to move funding from one program to another without notifying Congress. They violated that law the first time when they moved funds from Afghanistan to Iraq in the run-up to the War... not that the repub rubber stamp congress ever called him on it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Actually, the admin isn't allowed to move funding from one program to another without notifying Congress. They violated that law the first time when they moved funds from Afghanistan to Iraq in the run-up to the War... not that the repub rubber stamp congress ever called him on it.
    I think you're missing what he's saying, really. Naming and Re-naming money happens legally often.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    I play with the federal government's money for a living. It is illegal to spend money in a manner inconsistent with the authorization/appropriations acts that the money came from. But much of the was is paid for out of the operations and maintenance appropriations, which is the same money that units use in garrison during peacetime. So you can spend less stateside and spend more in theater without breaking the law.

Now, just because it's legal doesn't make it the smartest thing to do, but it is legal.