Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default 2010 Midterm results thread

Good and bad news for the tea-party early on, O'Donnel lost too Coons in Delaware however flordia was easily held by Rubio.

Rand Paul (Rep) wins senate seat in Kentucky.

Coats (Rep) Gained senate seat from the democrats in Indiana
    Last edited by Noir; 11-02-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Good and bad news for the tea-party early on, O'Donnel lost too Coons in Delaware however flordia was easily held by Rubio.
    On the other hand, Allan Grayson who bellowed on the House floor "Republicans want you to die" during Obamacre is DONE in FL

Rand Paul also won

This is not a good night for Obama, Dems, and the liberal agenda

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Boozmen (Rep) gains a senate seat against the Dems Arkansas

Close race in Connecticut, but Richard Blumental (Dem) kept the Dem senate seat against Linda McMahon (Rep)
    Last edited by Noir; 11-02-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

MSNBC, with a great deal of sadness, has projected it is over as far as the House is concerned

All they can do is play up the Senate will probably stay with the Dems

Matthews has said several times how many "wackos" will win on the Republican side

Such objective journalism tonight from Obama's PR network

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As of 20:23 Pacific time, the GOP has picked up +4 in the Senate

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/results/senate
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Feingold defeated!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Feingold defeated!
    Wow, that is a shock .....

Dem's are taking an ass kicking in the Governor's also, so far +7 Repub's.

Heh, Heh, Heh .....

Still too early but I have to, and I mean I just have to .......

ONCE AGAIN

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The liberal media has not changed much in more then 25 years. When liberals lose elections they do not report - they spin

The actual voting results are just part of what makes for an Election Night in today’s mass media world. Perhaps as important — in some years, more important — are journalists’ first stab at interpreting the results, telling audiences what they voted for (and against).

If history is a reliable guide, listen for: smug journalists slamming “angry” or stupid voters; claims that there’s no mandate for conservative policies; slams that the Republican winners are “extremist” or “radical;” and arguments that the Democrats failed to follow through on their liberal agenda. Oh, and don’t forget the racism.

In 1994, when Republicans picked up 54 House seats, the media message was first and foremost that voters had failed. “The public seemed more intolerant than involved, uninterested in what the candidates have had to say, blindly voting against,” then-Newsweek writer Joe Klein scolded.

In a radio commentary six days after the election, ABC anchor Peter Jennings derided: “Imagine a nation full of uncontrolled two-year-old rage. The voters had a temper tantrum last week....The nation can’t be run by an angry two-year old.”

The eviction of so many Democrats after the liberal experiments of Bill Clinton’s first two years in office would strike most observers as a conservative message, but many in the media rejected that obvious premise: “There’s no overarching mandate that the GOP can read into this,” CNN’s Mary Tillotson huffed on election night, November 8.

“It was a vote for bipartisanship, for centrism,” echoed CNN analyst Bill Schneider.

“They are not voting Republican tonight,” U.S. News & World Report’s Steve Roberts claimed on CNBC's Equal Time. “They are voting against a lot of unhappiness in their own lives....This is not an anti-government vote tonight.”

And, in a preview of the media’s disdainful approach to the 2010 Tea Party conservatives, the Clinton administration’s opponents were “extremist,” “intolerant” “radicals.” Two weeks before the election, for example, ABC’s Jack Smith claimed on This Week that Florida GOP candidate Jeb Bush was a “radical conservative with virtually no experience in governing.”

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ric...#ixzz14CZ9PFYy

Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Feingold defeated!
    That name rings a bell...was he the leader of the opposition group to the patriot act or something?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Harry Reid won?! I expected him to lose, and idk the tea party movement kinda fizzled a bit IMO =/

Speaking of which, kinda, in some districts I heard there were only 30% over turnout, 30%! I thought the country was meant to be angry not apathetic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Harry Reid won?! I expected him to lose, and idk the tea party movement kinda fizzled a bit IMO =/
    Not sure I would say the Tea Party fizzled when this is the biggest killing in House history since 1938!

Of course they couldn't sway EVERY important election as some areas simply vote along party lines. Like here in NY - a Dem generally wins just by running, regardless of opponent, because NY is a disgustingly Democratic state. There are a few states that are like that for Repubs too. Anywhere else in the nation and Reid and Boxer from California probably lose, but there are reasons they get re-elected non-stop - their districts are infested with those who agree with them because of the capitalized letter before their names.

But trying to diminish the Tea Party led GOP killing yesterday won't happen. They changed the political climate in one overnight election, in a manner not seen in many, many decades. They crushed them in the house, gained heavily on them in Governership and hold a strong lead there & made huge strides to nearly even out the Senate.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The crazy woman from Delaware didn't get in. That is a good enough consolation prize for me. She can go back to her coven and figure out what to do next.
    The people (and sheep) have spoken. The talking heads have been talking gloom and doom for two years now. So let's see what happens now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The crazy woman from Delaware didn't get in. That is a good enough consolation prize for me. She can go back to her coven and figure out what to do next.
    The people (and sheep) have spoken. The talking heads have been talking gloom and doom for two years now. So let's see what happens now.
    And the Crazy women from your MoonBeam state [peelosi] got fired so Yes it is a great day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well I hope the liberals on the board now realize that the tea party wasn't a fringe group.

I listened to bambam today and had to turn the channel occasionally, he was making me sick. I loved how he talked about fiscal responsibility all the while planning his India trip that will cost 200 million a DAY. Makes me want to puke.

Yesterday's vote had EVERYTHING to do with his agenda of spending money hand over fist and shoving health care down our throats.

Good riddance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Speaking of which, kinda, in some districts I heard there were only 30% over turnout, 30%! I thought the country was meant to be angry not apathetic.
    According to some news outlets only 3% of blacks voted. Although it looks like overall voter turnout was pretty good at around 40%, not bad for midterm elections.

Anger over the recession and tight races in several large states helped drive voters to the polls in higher numbers than for the midterm elections four years ago.

With more than 95 percent of precincts reporting, election data indicate that turnout was up in at least nine states, including significant increases in Florida, Minnesota and Texas. Turnout appeared to be down slightly in several other states, including Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Overall, turnout in the midterm elections was projected at 42 percent of registered voters. That translates to about 90 million people, 6.2 million more than voted in 2006.
    http://www.wndu.com/nationworldnews/...106629583.html