Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The point is we are not violating any laws. We are defending our country and saving innocent lives

Again, waterboarding is not torture

But then again the people ranting about waterboarding is torture have nothing to say about innocent people being beheaded and the video shown on the internet

Case closed
    again, you are wrong, you cant say that you are not violating any law while your country signed a treaty and obligated itself to stop torturing for any reasons.

so from the legal aspect, i say its illegal.

from the human aspect, i say its legal and should be allowed.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Red this is just BS.
    the reason the 9-11 attacks weren't stopped wasn't because of lack of Torture.

We had more than enough info in our intel agencies to stop it. The problem was connecting the dots, incompetence and complicity.
    Dealing with potential terrorist attacks we don't need any application of Illegal "ENHANCED" methods.

That's what we've been told. Until we have details how can we know that.
    3 they've admitted to, there are reports of more and much evidence was shredded.
    Believe the best if you will but the best is still illegal under U.S. law.

Some how your assuming that Torture is the only method to get information. Many have explained that's it's unreliable and counterproductive. And there has yet to be a ticking time bomb scenario where 1 guy is the key to the whole thing. that's TV fiction. I would be PISSED if the Gov't decided that the only thing to Do was to question ONE guy when we have a billion dollar intel industry that can be brought to bear on an issue.
    Wow if you are so damn smart maybe you should be working in one of our intell agencies

Again (how many time do I have to remind you people of this?) ONLY THREE TERRORISTS WERE EVER WATERBOARDED

You people act like thousands pf por innocent freedom fighters were "tortured" by the big bullies of the US

Grow up people this is a war we are in and you will not win it by tying the hands of the people you demand keep us safe

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

As I pointed out to another terrorist defender - TERRORISTS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION

Terrorists do wear uniforms, display their arms in the open, hide behind civilians, and last I cheked, the terrorists did not sign the Geneva convention

Again, only THREE TERRORISTS WERE EVER WATERBOARDED!!!!!!

Unlike our captives, the people the terrorists take hostage usually end up dead and hung upside down from bridges

So spare me your BS and pity party for those bastards

The best way to put an end to this crap over the treatment of terrorists is for our military to stop taking these pigs alive

They want to die for Allah? Good. Let our troops do what is needed for a fast intorduction
    the international treaty on torture is not Genva. it covers everyone, YOU, ME and and supervillian terrorist.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    again, you are wrong, you cant say that you are not violating any law while your country signed a treaty and obligated itself to stop torturing for any reasons.

so from the legal aspect, i say its illegal.

from the human aspect, i say its legal and should be allowed.
    Another terrorist defender who wants the US to fight this war with lawyers and legal documents while the terrorits fight it with bombs and guns

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I pointed out to another terrorist defender - TERRORISTS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION

Terrorists do wear uniforms, display their arms in the open, hide behind civilians, and last I cheked, the terrorists did not sign the Geneva convention

Again, only THREE TERRORISTS WERE EVER WATERBOARDED!!!!!!

Unlike our captives, the people the terrorists take hostage usually end up dead and hung upside down from bridges

So spare me your BS and pity party for those bastards

The best way to put an end to this crap over the treatment of terrorists is for our military to stop taking these pigs alive

They want to die for Allah? Good. Let our troops do what is needed for a fast intorduction
    And as I pointed out earlier, WE ARE numbnutts.

Get a clue eh?
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    And as I pointed out earlier, WE ARE numbnutts.

Get a clue eh?
    As I pointed out to you ASSHOLE - if you can show me where terrorists wear uniformes, badges of rank, carry their arms openly, are part of branch of the military for a narion - then I will admit you are correct

But again, it is weak ass wimps like you that think this fight can be won in a court of some law and with lawyers

OBL said he use the legal system against America and useful idiots like you are showing he can do it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    And as I pointed out earlier, WE ARE...
    Yes WE are but who is a protected person?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another terrorist defender who wants the US to fight this war with lawyers and legal documents while the terrorits fight it with bombs and guns
    you are really the most stupid human being i have ever seen, i have said in more than 4 posts that i agree with torture and i want CAT to be cancelled, and all what i am saying is that legally torture is not allowed.

i was just educating an ignorant human being like yourself, who thinks that he knows everything about international law just from Geneva convention.

so someone who says to you that legally its not allowed, but i dont agree with that law and i want torture to be used against terrorists, that makes me a terrorist defender ?

i saw someone who doesnt know about his laws, so i told him about the laws of his own country, and about a treaty that his country signed and a committee that his coutry is a part of, but thats make me terrorist defender !!!

i really cant reason with someone who have no common sense at all like yourself, so go on with your life, hate muslims or terrorists or arabs or asians or who ever you want to hate.
    Last edited by abso; 11-27-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow if you are so damn smart maybe you should be working in one of our intell agencies

Again (how many time do I have to remind you people of this?) ONLY THREE TERRORISTS WERE EVER WATERBOARDED

You people act like thousands pf por innocent freedom fighters were "tortured" by the big bullies of the US
    what someone like you doesnt understand is that none is talking about waterboarding anymore, we are talking about the torture in general, should we agree with it or not, but you onle have two things to talk about, "Waterboarding" and "Terrorists are not covered in Geneva convention", those are the only two arguments that you had during your whole discussion, actually only one of them is valid, the one about Geneva convention, but about the waterboarding, you are very mistaken if you think that only three have been tortured that way, i dont really care if hundreds have been tourtered that way as long as they are all terrorists not innocents.

and about Geneva convention, it does not cover terrorists.

But CAT does cover terrorists, and USA is part of it, so stop speaking about international law, because in the field of law, all your arguments about torture will lose.

Dont try to legalise torture, if i were you, i would try to humanize it, not legalise it, i really hope that you can know the difference.

Grow up people this is a war we are in and you will not win it by tying the hands of the people you demand keep us safe
    if you read my posts, you will see that i already said that things like CAT, limits the abilities of the security agencies all over the world to protect innocent people like us, and give more protection to stupid terrorists who kill us, so things like CAT should be cancelled from international law, but apparently, you still think that i am defending terrorists.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    Yes WE are but who is a protected person?
    Good question..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_...ral_Provisions

Fourth Geneva Convention "1949":

Article 4 defines who is a Protected person:
    Persons protected by the Convention are those who, at a given moment and in any manner whatsoever, find themselves, in case of a conflict or occupation, in the hands of a Party to the conflict or Occupying Power of which they are not nationals. But it explicitly excludes Nationals of a State which is not bound by the Convention and the citizens of a neutral state or an allied state if that state has normal diplomatic relations within the State in whose hands they are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you are really the most stupid human being i have ever seen, i have said in more than 4 posts that i agree with torture and i want CAT to be cancelled, and all what i am saying is that legally torture is not allowed.

i was just educating an ignorant human being like yourself, who thinks that he knows everything about international law just from Geneva convention.

so someone who says to you that legally its not allowed, but i dont agree with that law and i want torture to be used against terrorists, that makes me a terrorist defender ?

i saw someone who doesnt know about his laws, so i told him about the laws of his own country, and about a treaty that his country signed and a committee that his coutry is a part of, but thats make me terrorist defender !!!

i really cant reason with someone who have no common sense at all like yourself, so go on with your life, hate muslims or terrorists or arabs or asians or who ever you want to hate.
    Fine camel jockey, if you do not like having your BS talked about then leave

I am saying the US does not torture the terrorists - they get damn fine treatment

OBL said their would be assholes like you that would help him use the legal syatem of the US against us - and he was right. All the bastards have to do is whine in public they were "tortured" and usual idiots like you will be right there to sing the song they tell you to sing

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what someone like you doesnt understand is that none is talking about waterboarding anymore, we are talking about the torture in general, should we agree with it or not, but you onle have two things to talk about, "Waterboarding" and "Terrorists are not covered in Geneva convention", those are the only two arguments that you had during your whole discussion, actually only one of them is valid, the one about Geneva convention, but about the waterboarding, you are very mistaken if you think that only three have been tortured that way, i dont really care if hundreds have been tourtered that way as long as they are all terrorists not innocents.

and about Geneva convention, it does not cover terrorists.

But CAT does cover terrorists, and USA is part of it, so stop speaking about international law, because in the field of law, all your arguments about torture will lose.

Dont try to legalise torture, if i were you, i would try to humanize it, not legalise it, i really hope that you can know the difference.

if you read my posts, you will see that i already said that things like CAT, limits the abilities of the security agencies all over the world to protect innocent people like us, and give more protection to stupid terrorists who kill us, so things like CAT should be cancelled from international law, but apparently, you still think that i am defending terrorists.
    What do pinheads like you call "torture"?

Yelling at them?

Slapping them?

Sleep deprivation?

Having to read your BS posts?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Good question..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_...ral_Provisions

Fourth Geneva Convention "1949":

Article 4 defines who is a Protected person:
    Persons protected by the Convention are those who, at a given moment and in any manner whatsoever, find themselves, in case of a conflict or occupation, in the hands of a Party to the conflict or Occupying Power of which they are not nationals. But it explicitly excludes Nationals of a State which is not bound by the Convention and the citizens of a neutral state or an allied state if that state has normal diplomatic relations within the State in whose hands they are.
    Good find, that's not the definition I had in mind. But, we have normal relations with Afghanistan, at least the current iteration, which seems to exclude the Taliban/Al Qaeda. I hate reading legalese and I don't like to fall back on legalese either... tough questions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    Good find, that's not the definition I had in mind. But, we have normal relations with Afghanistan, at least the current iteration, which seems to exclude the Taliban/Al Qaeda. I hate reading legalese and I don't like to fall back on legalese either... tough questions.
    Taliban and Al Qaeda are not included in Geneva Convention, they dont qualify to be protected persons, but they qualify for CAT "Committee Against Torture" which refuse any torture of any kind to any human wutever the reason or the benifit of the torturing, and USA are a part of CAT, so legally it has an obligation not to torture anyone even terrorists, even if the torture will prevent coming attacks, thats about the legal aspect.

but anyway, i dont care about the legal aspect, its stupid, and CAT should be cancelled, if torturing one terrorist will save more than hundred lifes, why shouldnt we do it !!!, so i say that we should torture terrorists, they kill us anyway, so why should we treat them kindly !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do pinheads like you call "torture"?

Yelling at them?

Slapping them?

Sleep deprivation?

Having to read your BS posts?
    why do you think that i am against torture while i said over dozen times that i support it !!!!, if you cant read my posts accurately, get someone to read it for you.

and by the way, yes,
    Slapping, Sleep deprivation are both torture unless you dont have any common sense at all.

i am brave enough to admit that they are torture and support them at the same time, perhaps you should do the same, stop denying that they are torture.

you dont have to deny that something is torture so that you can support it, i admit that i support torture in any possible mean to save lives, so stop perverting the truth to suit you, admit they are torture, then support them.
    Last edited by abso; 11-27-2010 at 06:35 PM.