Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Natl. Ord. 1903A3

I just bought this piece at a local gun show. It's a beautifully sporterized 30 06 rifle and seems to handle and shoot well. I feel like if I did nothing other than use it for a wall hanger it was worth what I paid for it but I don't know anything about National Ordnance or this series of the weapon. Any information that anyone would be willing to share with me would be highly appreciated.

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I just bought this piece at a local gun show. It's a beautifully sporterized 30 06 rifle and seems to handle and shoot well. I feel like if I did nothing other than use it for a wall hanger it was worth what I paid for it but I don't know anything about National Ordnance or this series of the weapon. Any information that anyone would be willing to share with me would be highly appreciated.

Love

Psychoblues
    All I found was this

National Ordnance 1903A3 receivers were made in Yugoslavia and/or Spain during the late 50's and mid 60's, then the rifles were assembled with surplus GI parts
    They are worth about 200-250. Hope you didn't spend more than that.. Good luck
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    All I found was this

They are worth about 200-250. Hope you didn't spend more than that.. Good luck
    I have considerably less than that range invested in this particular piece, nukeman. My initial attraction to it was the heavily ornate carving and sporterizing. It is a gorgeous thing to look upon!!!!!! To be frank I was surprised at the handling and shooting of it. I was more interested in the wall hanger effect and may still be but I now know that I can trust this piece for deer hunting or whatever use I might have for a rifle of this caliber and quality.

Thanks for the git back, nukeman!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 11-17-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spellinf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Did they charge admission at that show?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Did they charge admission at that show?
    Yes they did, Mr. P. But it was all inclusive for the accompanying flea market, furniture show and health clinic/insurance booths.

Why do you ask?

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes they did, Mr. P. But it was all inclusive for the accompanying flea market, furniture show and health clinic/insurance booths.

Why do you ask?

Love

Psychoblues
    I wondered if it was standard. I went to my first show last month. Admission was $8. I was surprised they charged. I refused to pay and never went in. I turned to leave and the guy collecting says.."You gotta like guns". I turned back to him and said "I like guns BUT I'm NOT gonna pay just to look at em".

If I were a vendor there I wouldn't like an admission charge..hell you know they pay to be there and I may have bought something. So, I wonder how many folks feel the same.

Did I mention I can squeeze a penny till Lincoln cries?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wondered if it was standard. I went to my first show last month. Admission was $8. I was surprised they charged. I refused to pay and never went in. I turned to leave and the guy collecting says.."You gotta like guns". I turned back to him and said "I like guns BUT I'm NOT gonna pay just to look at em".

If I were a vendor there I wouldn't like an admission charge..hell you know they pay to be there and I may have bought something. So, I wonder how many folks feel the same.

Did I mention I can squeeze a penny till Lincoln cries?

Dig that, Pee. jAll the more reason you oughta be down at the VA and letting them do the things they should have been doing for all these years now!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dig that, Pee. jAll the more reason you oughta be down at the VA and letting them do the things they should have been doing for all these years now!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues
    I think I'm ok health wise..Hell I better be, I may need to take another flight physical soon. The folks at Fort Rucker have requested my presents. Seem they want me to climb back into the cockpit and show the young pups how to do it right. The pay is great and the hrs are fantastic but I donno..I had no intention of ever flying again much less teach. Then again I'd like to see those new pilots get the benefit of my experience. I'm undecided at this time.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I'm ok health wise..Hell I better be, I may need to take another flight physical soon. The folks at Fort Rucker have requested my presents. Seem they want me to climb back into the cockpit and show the young pups how to do it right. The pay is great and the hrs are fantastic but I donno..I had no intention of ever flying again much less teach. Then again I'd like to see those new pilots get the benefit of my experience. I'm undecided at this time.
    I didn't know you were a pilot, Pee. I was in the Air Force but I certainly wasn't a pilot or even on an aircrew, hahahahaha. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. We're certainly not losing aircraft in our ongoing wars thus we're not losing pilots and aircrews. What type airframes are you qualified in, Pee? I love them all but I am particularly fond of the C-130 in whatever configuration it might be. My outfit flew 1954, 55 and 56 B models until 1990 and we sold them to El Salvador, I think?!?!?!?!??!?!

Thanks for sharing that with me, Pee!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I didn't know you were a pilot, Pee. I was in the Air Force but I certainly wasn't a pilot or even on an aircrew, hahahahaha. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. We're certainly not losing aircraft in our ongoing wars thus we're not losing pilots and aircrews. What type airframes are you qualified in, Pee? I love them all but I am particularly fond of the C-130 in whatever configuration it might be. My outfit flew 1954, 55 and 56 B models until 1990 and we sold them to El Salvador, I think?!?!?!?!??!?!

Thanks for sharing that with me, Pee!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues
    I'd love to fly a 130 but have never even been in one. The largest thing I ever flew was an Airbus A300 but that was a simulator during a flight evaluation interview for Eastern. Passed and the bastards closed the doors and shut down the next morning!
    The rest of what I flew is a long list..the cool stuff includes two jets, Cessna Citation and BAE 700 & 800. Both the 700 & 800 are mid size cabin class aircraft coast to coast capable (5 1/2 hrs east to west). The largest Turbo prop was a BAE 4100..a lot of commuter airlines fly those. I think they seat 29? in that configuration. Ours was for corporate with only 8 passenger seats. As far as Helicopters..UH-1H, Bell Jet ranger BIII and L4 and BO 105.
    The 105 is was a German aircraft built like a tank that's what I flew on the EMS job I had. That's the last thing I flew actually.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to fly a 130 but have never even been in one. The largest thing I ever flew was an Airbus A300 but that was a simulator during a flight evaluation interview for Eastern. Passed and the bastards closed the doors and shut down the next morning!
    The rest of what I flew is a long list..the cool stuff includes two jets, Cessna Citation and BAE 700 & 800. Both the 700 & 800 are mid size cabin class aircraft coast to coast capable (5 1/2 hrs east to west). The largest Turbo prop was a BAE 4100..a lot of commuter airlines fly those. I think they seat 29? in that configuration. Ours was for corporate with only 8 passenger seats. As far as Helicopters..UH-1H, Bell Jet ranger BIII and L4 and BO 105.
    The 105 is was a German aircraft built like a tank that's what I flew on the EMS job I had. That's the last thing I flew actually.
    Absolutely cool, Pee!!!!!!!! You do know that most people that fly and especially with the flying experience that you have never stop until they can no longer get a license and even then they get their buddies to sneak 'em in the cockpit!!!!!!!! That's been my observation.

All of the old 130 pilots that I know cross trained to the C-141's when we got them and now to the C-5's and most of them also work for the airlines as pilots on various airframes and none of them that I know see an end to their flying careers.

Later Alligator

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Absolutely cool, Pee!!!!!!!! You do know that most people that fly and especially with the flying experience that you have never stop until they can no longer get a license and even then they get their buddies to sneak 'em in the cockpit!!!!!!!! That's been my observation.

All of the old 130 pilots that I know cross trained to the C-141's when we got them and now to the C-5's and most of them also work for the airlines as pilots on various airframes and none of them that I know see an end to their flying careers.

Later Alligator

Love

Psychoblues
    Oh yeah, I know. Very early in my carrer I flew freight in a single engine Piper Cherrokee. The company had some financial problems and layed a couple of us off. I decided to seek another means of income..Then one day about 6 mos later they called me to ferry an airplane from Atlanta to Savannah. Takeoff was before sunrise. About half way there at 5000 feet the sun began to rise. It was magnificent! I looked around and ask myself how I could ever give this up...never did until I left the EMS job. BTW of all the flying I've ever done the EMS job was the most rewarding of all 28 years and some 10,000+ hrs. I only did it for 1 yr. It really meant something. It made a difference in peoples lives. Just one yr out of 28. Talk about the highest highs and the lowest lows mentally and emotionally...man. I wouldn't trade that yr for a million bucks!

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah, I know. Very early in my carrer I flew freight in a single engine Piper Cherrokee. The company had some financial problems and layed a couple of us off. I decided to seek another means of income..Then one day about 6 mos later they called me to ferry an airplane from Atlanta to Savannah. Takeoff was before sunrise. About half way there at 5000 feet the sun began to rise. It was magnificent! I looked around and ask myself how I could ever give this up...never did until I left the EMS job. BTW of all the flying I've ever done the EMS job was the most rewarding of all 28 years and some 10,000+ hrs. I only did it for 1 yr. It really meant something. It made a difference in peoples lives. Just one yr out of 28. Talk about the highest highs and the lowest lows mentally and emotionally...man. I wouldn't trade that yr for a million bucks!
    You may remember that I am a dirt track stock car racing fan. My favs are the winged warrior sprint cars. They take your breath away!!!!!!!!! A few years back at a track called Delta Bowl in Tunica County, Mississippi we had a bad wreck on the back stretch going into turn 3. A #18 car driven by Scott Bolden flipped a few times and we were concerned that he may be seriously hurt. The other car, #24 driven by Sonny Sayer merely bounced around a bit and rolled into the backstretch fence. No prob, we thought. The EMS folks gathered around the #24 car and there seemed to be no real activity or anything urgent. Mr. Bolden got out of his car in good shape and we were all thankful for that. Everybody in the stands were wondering what was going on with Sonny Sayer and the #24 car. Then we saw the helicopter coming in. Sonny was a 350 pounder if he was pounder at all. We knew then it was serious. I told my uncle, with whom I go to the races almost every weekend while in season and I see him almost every day, "they're gonna need more bird. These folks ain't gotta clue what they're coming after." As it all turned out Sonny passed away in that chopper but those cats did all that was possible for him.

Now I'm getting misty. Sonny was a bit of a friend to everyone that knew him.

Later Alligator

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You may remember that I am a dirt track stock car racing fan. My favs are the winged warrior sprint cars. They take your breath away!!!!!!!!! A few years back at a track called Delta Bowl in Tunica County, Mississippi we had a bad wreck on the back stretch going into turn 3. A #18 car driven by Scott Bolden flipped a few times and we were concerned that he may be seriously hurt. The other car, #24 driven by Sonny Sayer merely bounced around a bit and rolled into the backstretch fence. No prob, we thought. The EMS folks gathered around the #24 car and there seemed to be no real activity or anything urgent. Mr. Bolden got out of his car in good shape and we were all thankful for that. Everybody in the stands were wondering what was going on with Sonny Sayer and the #24 car. Then we saw the helicopter coming in. Sonny was a 350 pounder if he was pounder at all. We knew then it was serious. I told my uncle, with whom I go to the races almost every weekend while in season and I see him almost every day, "they're gonna need more bird. These folks ain't gotta clue what they're coming after." As it all turned out Sonny passed away in that chopper but those cats did all that was possible for him.

Now I'm getting misty. Sonny was a bit of a friend to everyone that knew him.

Later Alligator

Love

Psychoblues
    Yeah, one of the hardest things for me to deal with was the reactions of family and friends if they were present. Even if they just showed up at the ER after we were there. I can tell some heart breakers. Only one made me lose it and cry ...that was a kid. Very sad. To this day it hurts to think about it and that was 11 yrs ago. I think that one will always be with me.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, one of the hardest things for me to deal with was the reactions of family and friends if they were present. Even if they just showed up at the ER after we were there. I can tell some heart breakers. Only one made me lose it and cry ...that was a kid. Very sad. To this day it hurts to think about it and that was 11 yrs ago. I think that one will always be with me.
    I know what you mean, Pee. It's tough to lose a kid even if you don't know the kid. I almost refuse to go to the funeral of children because they tend to get out of hand, the mother especially goes a bit berserk and without shame and reasonably so, at least as far as I am concerned. I went to a neighbor's child's funeral and she, the mother, absolutely could not control herself. She cried to the top of her lungs, she almost got in the casket to hold her child just once more, it was really bad. Her brother tried to set her down, I realize in an attempt to console her, but I stopped him and asked him to allow her to do as she felt necessary with only safety being an obstacle and a reason for interference. As it turned out she cried, cried and cried some more and God finally lifted the burden from her and she knew she had to let go. And she did. And now she remembers him in goodness and with confidence that he is with his maker and looking down upon her in great anticipation of another meeting in another time in another place.

How did we go from a 1903A3 30 06 rifle to all this?

Love

Psychoblues