Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GOP Frosh: Where's My (Government) health care?

Typical. Just plain typical.

Source: Politico
    By GLENN THRUSH

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

Republican Andy Harris, an anesthesiologist who defeated freshman Democrat Frank Kratovil on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, reacted incredulously when informed that federal law mandated that his government-subsidized health care policy would take effect on Feb. 1 – 28 days after his Jan. 3rd swearing-in.

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange. The benefits session, held behind closed doors, drew about 250 freshman members, staffers and family members to the Capitol Visitors Center auditorium late Monday morning,”.

“Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap,” added the aide, who was struck by the similarity to Harris’s request and the public option he denounced as a gateway to socialized medicine.......................................... .....

Much More: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45181.html

Did I mention that this is just so typical coming from the party and individuals that stake their existence and careers on hypocrisy? This jerk campaigned almost exclusively against "government" healthcare and has demonstrated repeatedly that he would not offer or allow the government to offer even minimal healthcare to those that actually need it. He is the poster child of the party of hate, bigotry and hypocrisy.

Love

Psychoblues

Love

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

he was just pointing out the inefficiency of government-run health care.

(shrug)
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    (shrug)

That is what he claimed AFTER THE FACT and in the face of his APPARENT HYPOCRISY. Think about it dimples. There was no inefficiency to point out and he is against government run healthcare to begin with and he doesn't have to sign up for this one and he insults the intelligence of the nation by demanding a benefit for which he has based an entire political career opposing!!!!!!!!

When he refuses the insurance I would be more likely to sympathize with him and appreciate his position. Right now he is the hypocritical idiot jerkwad that he presents himself as.

Do you think you sound better when you raise your squeaky voice, dimples?

Love

Psychoblues

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Your head is full. You are always right. No amount of reason or common sense can pierce the thick shell of your ego, PB. You have decided you will believe the author of the piece and not believe the guy who explained what he was trying to say. Howniceforyou.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    There was no inefficiency to point out and he is against government run healthcare to begin with and he doesn't have to sign up for this one and he insults the intelligence of the nation by demanding a benefit for which he has based an entire political career opposing!!!!!!!!

When he refuses the insurance I would be more likely to sympathize with him and appreciate his position. Right now he is the hypocritical idiot jerkwad that he presents himself as.
    There's a difference between health care provided by his employer and government run health care. Think about it... well I can hope at least.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your head is full. You are always right. No amount of reason or common sense can pierce the thick shell of your ego, PB. You have decided you will believe the author of the piece and not believe the guy who explained what he was trying to say. Howniceforyou.
    I only asked you to think about it, dimples. There is no inefficiency like he and you now claim. It is the policy of every employer that I know of to allow some time to expire before certain benefits such as but not exclusive to healthcare insurance to kick in. Did you see the tape? He was genuinely concerned about the 28 day lapse before the governmentally subsidized insurance would kick in. Only after he realized his ridiculous display of ignorance and the demanding of a right and/or benefit that he has opposed for like forever was now public domain did he decide to call it an expose of governmental inefficiency. Actually, I think it was probably the policy of the free market insurance carrier that created the delay but whatever the jerkwad showed his stupid ass and got called on it.

You can agree with the shithead all you want, dimples. What does that make you?

Love

Psychoblues

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    There's a difference between health care provided by his employer and government run health care. Think about it... well I can hope at least.
    Keep reading, fj2000. We get there eventually!!!!!!!!!!

How are you, tonight?

Love

Psychoblues

Source: CBS News

A group of House Democrats has released a letter to Republican congressional leaders calling on them to announce which of their members will be forgoing their congressional benefit health insurance (which is subsidized by the government) in light of their party's opposition to health care reform overhaul legislation.

"If your conference wants to deny millions of Americans affordable health care, your members should walk that walk," four Democrats write in the letter, which is addressed to Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell and House Republican leader John Boehner. "You cannot enroll in the very kind of coverage that you want for yourselves, and then turn around and deny it to Americans who don't happen to be Members of Congress."

According to the letter, the federal government pays more than $10,000 of the premiums of each member of Congress who has a family policy under the most selected plan.

The signatories on the letter are four liberal lawmakers: Joseph Crowley of New York, Linda T. Sanchez of California, Donna Edwards of Maryland and Tim Ryan of Ohio. They sent a separate letter to other Democratic colleagues asking them to sign onto the effort...................................

Much More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...07-503544.html

This might be better suited for a thread all it's own and we'll see about that. But I think this is really really interesting to see the hypocrites put up or shut up. Non-governmental or non-govermentally subsidized insurance is available for them. Let them eat the cake. They hate the programs. They talk about them incessantly and condemn them without reservation. Perhaps we'll now see who has the personal integrity to refuse that for which he/she has held in such disdain for however so long. Just how many repub heroes are out there? I wonder, I wonder. I haven't seen one yet but I'm keeping my hopes up and my eyes open!!!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Every GOP lawmaker, if they weren't simply talking crap to get elected, who is opposed to "government run" health-care needs to publicly refuse their "government run" health insurance policies and purchase their own policies for private, for profit, health insurance providers. But they won't. They got theirs, and the rest of us can suck hind teat.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

BP - can you name one senator who has government-run healthcare right now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Keep reading, fj2000. We get there eventually!!!!!!!!!!

How are you, tonight?

Love

Psychoblues

Source: CBS News

A group of House Democrats has released a letter to Republican congressional leaders calling on them to announce which of their members will be forgoing their congressional benefit health insurance (which is subsidized by the government) in light of their party's opposition to health care reform overhaul legislation.

"If your conference wants to deny millions of Americans affordable health care, your members should walk that walk," four Democrats write in the letter, which is addressed to Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell and House Republican leader John Boehner. "You cannot enroll in the very kind of coverage that you want for yourselves, and then turn around and deny it to Americans who don't happen to be Members of Congress."

According to the letter, the federal government pays more than $10,000 of the premiums of each member of Congress who has a family policy under the most selected plan.

The signatories on the letter are four liberal lawmakers: Joseph Crowley of New York, Linda T. Sanchez of California, Donna Edwards of Maryland and Tim Ryan of Ohio. They sent a separate letter to other Democratic colleagues asking them to sign onto the effort...................................

Much More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...07-503544.html
    This might be better suited for a thread all it's own and we'll see about that. But I think this is really really interesting to see the hypocrites put up or shut up. Non-governmental or non-govermentally subsidized insurance is available for them. Let them eat the cake. They hate the programs. They talk about them incessantly and condemn them without reservation. Perhaps we'll now see who has the personal integrity to refuse that for which he/she has held in such disdain for however so long. Just how many repub heroes are out there? I wonder, I wonder. I haven't seen one yet but I'm keeping my hopes up and my eyes open!!!!!!!!!

Love

Psychoblues
    I asked you to think about it, my hopes were dashed.

That is the kind of ignorance I would expect from four liberal Democrats. They don't have "government-run" health care they have "employer-sponsored" health care. Huge difference, it's subsidized just as much as an employer "subsidizes" their employees health care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Every GOP lawmaker, if they weren't simply talking crap to get elected, who is opposed to "government run" health-care needs to publicly refuse their "government run" health insurance policies and purchase their own policies for private, for profit, health insurance providers. But they won't. They got theirs, and the rest of us can suck hind teat.
    My wife works for the Federal government, does she have "government-run" health care?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    I asked you to think about it, my hopes were dashed.

That is the kind of ignorance I would expect from four liberal Democrats. They don't have "government-run" health care they have "employer-sponsored" health care. Huge difference, it's subsidized just as much as an employer "subsidizes" their employees health care.
    You don't keep up well, do you, fj2000? I am retired from both the federal government and 2 more private industries and I am a patient at the VA hospital.. I know exactly what the differences between government run healthcare such as the VA and employer sponsored or employer subsidized health insurance such as that available to government employees and private industries that choose to negotiate programs and offer them to their employees. Personally, I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield, very much a free market carrier but somewhat subsidized by my employer ie. the federal government, for 27 years.

This has been touched upon several times in this thread alone but you read what you want you ignorant assed whatever you are!!!

Now just what is your confusion? I'll do my best to help you if you are receptive to assistance.

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

You don't keep up well, do you, fj2000? I am retired from both the federal government and 2 more private industries and I am a patient at the VA hospital.. I know exactly what the differences between government run healthcare such as the VA and employer sponsored or employer subsidized health insurance such as that available to government employees and private industries that choose to negotiate programs and offer them to their employees. Personally, I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield, very much a free market carrier but somewhat subsidized by my employer ie. the federal government, for 27 years.

This has been touched upon several times in this thread alone but you read what you want you ignorant assed whatever you are!!!

Now just what is your confusion? I'll do my best to help you if you are receptive to assistance.

Love

Psychoblues
    No confusion here except why you repeatedly spout the ignorant claim of "government-run" health care for those in Congress. You basically agreed with me about employer subsidized HC, Congress in this case, but continue with your ignorant hypocrisy charge that they're receiving government-run HC.

I don't keep up? You apparently aren't even sure who you're debating with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BP - can you name one senator who has government-run healthcare right now?
    We all know that government run healthcare is not actually what the insurance that is available to federal employees and elected officials is but that is what some people, media, etc. hammer on to create dissent and misunderstanding amongst the willfully ignorant and low information crowds. We just went about a year and a half watching little old ladies with tea bags hanging off their hats carrying signs saying "No To Government Health Care" and "Keep Your Government Hands Off My Social Security" and many other ridiculous displays of just plain ignorance and hypocrisy. Seriously, dimples. It was pitiful to see the big guns in public policy, insurance industries and media exploit the wealth of ignorance of these very confused and clueless people for their own material gain. Many of those people voted against their own interests based on the lies they heard from the biased media they choose to entertain themselves with and the purposely confusing and sometimes downright lying from the politicians they expect to watch after their better ability to live in this most great and free nation.

It's a damned shame but it is what it is. I'm doing what little I can to spread the truth and help those individuals that I run across that might need assistance. Just last week I helped 2 people get started on the paper trail for SSI and Medicaid benefits. And I am very proud that I was able to help them.

Love

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my only problem with ssi is, they only allow you to have 2,000 in combined assets, which basically keeps you poor

that to me is a damn disgrace
    I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    my only problem with ssi is, they only allow you to have 2,000 in combined assets, which basically keeps you poor

that to me is a damn disgrace
    Many that receive SSI don't own a pair of shoes, marteen. Perhaps it is them that the program was designed to rescue?

Love

Psychoblues