Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please remember, we have to do this so the US does not offend those young Middle Eastern men

After all, Obama is out to improve our nations image around the world

so..........

Slumped in her wheelchair, Amelia looked my way and shrugged. It was happening. Again.

In the Transportation Security Administration checkpoint at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport recently, my 14-year-old was once more being patted down by uniformed strangers wearing rubber gloves.

Nearby, a line of adults streamed by, shoes and belts in hand, hustling to their flights.

She's an amazing young person, my kid. Amelia has survived brain and spinal cancer, debilitating nerve pain, and the challenging transition into life with a wheelchair.

She's my hero, and it makes my heart ache to see her humiliated by TSA workers who I am sure are only following orders.

Catcalls went out across the nation last week in reaction to the TSA's latest increase in airport security: far more invasive pat-downs by screeners and the phasing in of full-body scanning. They're feeling up cleavages and crotches from here to Miami -- supposedly at random.

The anxious public is peeved.

Airline pilots are outraged.

They have nothing on Amelia.

She is searched every time we fly. Every damn time.

We are told it is because she uses a wheelchair, despite the fact it is stowed with the luggage in the belly of the plane.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/somehow-pat...109629939.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good article on the so called "screening" by the TSA -

“Do I have the right to refuse this search?”
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Good article on the so called "screening" by the TSA -

“Do I have the right to refuse this search?”
    You can get scanned or get searched. If you just try to leave they will detain you for questioning. They have effectively taken away all your rights.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Video of TSA employee taking clothes off a child, who is visibly upset. The person taking the video comments about the child being arrested .... I would imagine, if true, for protesting being touched by strangers.

I have drilled into my children and grandchildren that strangers are not allowed to touch them. Do you think there is new intelligence that the terrorists are using children to get explosives on board airplanes?????
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

mrskurtsprincess that is Outrageous. no other words for that. Safety? B---S---.
    -------------------
    Gaffer exactly.

--------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Liberal Eleanor Clift thinks we should be more worried about Cat scans then the TSA

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUqG6UIr" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUqG6UIr" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>
    Is Eleanor Clift ever right? GollyDAY! One celebrity in the UK had a Security guy ask the celebrity to SIGN their very CLEAR Naked scan.
    Even the ACLU says the TSA are WAY over the Line. And unconstitutional.
    http://www.ktvb.com/news/ACLU-claims...108807264.html

http://www.aclu.org/national-securit...-and-detention
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    The 4th clearly specifies "against unreasonable searches".
    I would argue screening is reasonable for public safety and therefore no warrant is needed. I think the issue is really the method of screening not the screening itself. But then I support profiling which is proven to be successful by Israel. I'm sure there are many that oppose profiling too but that's my preference along with the baggage scanners and metal detectors.
    That may be debatable if there was probable cause to think that MOST of the passengers were a threat. but the fact is MOST are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    On "probable cause", some folks are trying to blow airplanes to pieces and kill hundreds of folks..that's enough "probable cause" for me and I'm sure most of the public feel the same way about that. Again, I think the issue is the screening method, not the screening.
    Probable cause to suspect every human being? No. the right protects persons. The circumstance has to specific to persons who have done something to make them suspect. that doesn't apply to 99.999% of the people flying.

Israel profiles and that's not the best of worlds either but it does makes more sense. But if they are profiling every Muslim. that's to much, again probably cause means there should be something that red flags the person. MOST Muslims aren't terrorist. Just like most White Christians aren't Klansmen. The Intel community tells us that there are about what? 1000 or so AlQuida. Why waste time and money with all these jokers at the airport feeling people up. if all TSA guys were on the street tracking real terrorist we might catch a few. Or find out that it's mostly a big SNIPE HUNT, either way we'd be "safer".
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-22-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I heard that Soros owned quite a bit of the stock in the company that makes the scanners and sold all of it about three days ago.

How deep does this man control our world?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    That's funny...but not funny.....look at this one

http://www.wlwt.com/video/25874261/detail.html
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... Islamo Facists tend ta use aircraft to cornduct killing and maiming operations against innocents over a four decade period of time, and the attempts corntinue. That seems fairly clear to even a feller with only one functional brain cell......

If a large jet, (or many jets), pounded into a loaded sports stadium, nuclear power plant, dam, or another huge skyscraper it would not be so good, IMHO.

Individual interviews, (as in Israel with 1/60th the air traffic is not practical).

Most people who are cornplaining the loudest haven't traveled via air since the new policy, and the media is going wild with story after story jus' ta gin things up.

If we exempted little old ladies or kids that would be the next tactic the Islamo fellers would use, (and I'm sure we do use some profiling, it just isn't talked about).

Getting worked by the media sounds like the same way we got a fruit fly from Chicago fer POTUS ta me. I'm with Mr P, (n' I'm not a big fan of Nanny Gubment stickin' their nose into my bidness [or me undies]).

Don't fly if ya can't stand the clearly reasonable security measures, (there are trains, buses and cars).

If we dodge a few bullets this way so be it. 9-11 changed a few things, get used to it, n' quit snivelin' n' knashin' yer teeth.

Me overpriced and likely unpopular $.02. JR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

How many terrorists attempts have been thwarted by TSA? How many attempts at terrorism via airlines have originated in US since 9/11?

There is nothing logical about what is going on with the government intrusion into, literally, our persons.

Much of what happened on the 2nd of this month was in reaction to the administration and Congress not hearing the people were against the government intrusion into our healthcare and relations with our physicians. Now their reaction has been to grope children, old people, nuns, those with prosthetic breasts and urinary problems. Nope, Obama & Co are once again tone deaf and will be hearing from the originators of their power. This isn't for our safety, this is about where the power lies.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    That may be debatable if there was probable cause to think that MOST of the passengers were a threat. but the fact is MOST are not.

Probable cause to suspect every human being? No. the right protects persons. The circumstance has to specific to persons who have done something to make them suspect. that doesn't apply to 99.999% of the people flying.

Israel profiles and that's not the best of worlds either but it does makes more sense. But if they are profiling every Muslim. that's to much, again probably cause means there should be something that red flags the person. MOST Muslims aren't terrorist. Just like most White Christians aren't Klansmen. The Intel community tells us that there are about what? 1000 or so AlQuida. Why waste time and money with all these jokers at the airport feeling people up. if all TSA guys were on the street tracking real terrorist we might catch a few. Or find out that it's mostly a big SNIPE HUNT, either way we'd be "safer".
    I don't understand your position, Rev. You seem opposed to passenger security screening. If I'm mistaken, what do you propose be done that would, in your opinion, insure airport security that is both effective and legal?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    How many terrorists attempts have been thwarted by TSA?
    Hard for an arm chair quarterback with only one functional brain cell ta know: Kathianne; and if I did know the exact statistics I would not want my enemies ta know the exact report card. It is quite clear that our Islamo enemies favorite way ta kill is via commercial jet.

How many attempts at terrorism via airlines have originated in US since 9/11?
    Again: hard tellin' not knowin'. It is clear that if ya could walk on a commercial jet unchecked like ya could in the 1960's, all attempts would have a far greater chance of success.

There is nothing logical about what is going on with the government intrusion into, literally, our persons.
    Hmmmm..... since we know they have tried shoes and underware, and liquids in small devices, the scannin' "our persons" seems logical ta a dense feller like me.

Much of what happened on the 2nd of this month was in reaction to the administration and Congress not hearing the people were against the government intrusion into our healthcare and relations with our physicians.
    Very true. Another factor ta ponder was forcing people to buy a product with politically imposed features and substantial associated costs likely had a bit ta do with the 11/2/2010 outcome don't ya think?

Now their reaction has been to grope children, old people, nuns, those with prosthetic breasts and urinary problems.
    Yes that is the media spin.... alrighty. Seems like very few of those type of issues vs the total number of travelers, butt: it does make good boob tube viewing, eh?

Nope, Obama & Co are once again tone deaf and will be hearing from the originators of their power.
    I sure hope the fruit fly POTUS from the windy city gets spanked again in 2012, (as well as his fellow dim wits); and I really don't care what the reason is.

On this point we agree 100%: Kathianne.

Liberals, (Progressives), which are now even more dominate in the dim wit party with the loss of most of the "blue dogs" are all about control from central corntrol as they always look down their noses at the unwashed masses and know so much better then us what is best for us don't they?

This isn't for our safety, this is about where the power lies.
    I think it really is about public safety: Kathianne; so we shall have to politely dissagree. Thanks for the exchange of ideas. Respectfully, JR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I'm with Mr. P and Merc.

We live in a different age now, thanks to terrorists, and gone are the days of lax security.

Profiling makes all the sense in the world - if the passenger fits the typical profile of a terrorist, then by all means pull him out and be sure he's legit. I am in the typical age group and have dark hair and eyes and I fully expect to get some extra attention every time I fly, which is all the time during the summer.

TSA is doing it this way because the liberal media howled and raised holy hell over profiling. So then they started pulling 70 year old Grandmothers out of the line for extra screening so they'd get the pricks from ACLU off their backs and pointing out that Granny got screened too, not just Achmed.

Now everyone gets naked under the new imaging equipment, and this way TSA can't get beaten up over profiling.

Now they're PC, because everyone is subjected to the same treatment. Now no one is happy.

This is where PC gets us. This whole thing had to end up here, because of the game that the liberals played with this whole "profiling" and "discrimination" bullshit.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most on the left do not have a problem with this issues. They say it is to prevent terrorist attacks

Of course these are the same people who opposed the wiretaps of terrorist phone calls and following their money via bank records during the Bush years

From Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post:

Last Christmas, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab allegedly tried to bring down an airliner by detonating explosives concealed in his underwear. The device did not properly explode, but the incident sensitized the TSA to the danger of terrorist bombs that might make it past a metal detector -- hence the rush to install full-body scanners that give a clear view of what's beneath a person's clothing, junk and all.

An unacceptable, un-American invasion of privacy? That's not what critics were saying at the time. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's assessment of the underwear bombing attempt -- that "the system worked" because a fellow passenger jumped Abdulmutallab -- was ridiculed. If there was technology that could have detected the underpants device, critics asked, why hadn't it been in place?

So now the scanners are being installed -- and some people complain that they do too good a job, clear-picture-wise. The TSA's response is to give travelers the option of submitting to a manual search that is comparably thorough. It would defeat the whole purpose of the machines if people could just say "no thanks" and then undergo a cursory search that might leave a device like the underwear bomb undiscovered. The pat-down, if it comes to that, has to be thorough.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ed_108042.html

Ronald Reagan