Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default wikileaks

I think this guy is heading to jail for this latest release.
    GOOD!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I think this guy is heading to jail for this latest release.
    GOOD!
    I'm all for freedom of speech and things like the FOIA - but releasing such huge amounts of confidential information should be considered "treasonous" and I think should be prosecuted in some manner whether the leaker is from the US or not.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm all for freedom of speech and things like the FOIA - but releasing such huge amounts of confidential information should be considered "treasonous" and I think should be prosecuted in some manner whether the leaker is from the US or not.
    The sad thing is that releasing this information will only make those who participate in this type of thing be more careful in the future about how they do their business ... doesn't change the fact that the business will still be done....i.e., telling the world that Egypt wants us to bomb Iran will not change the fact that Egypt wants us to bomb Iran ... the only thing that will change is that they will be careful who they say it too.

Can't see how the wikileaks makes the world a better place to live.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I do have to wonder how much of the leaks would have been published if Bush were still in office. This guy is not only endangering our country and troops but other countries as well. Someone need to throw him in a deep dark hole somewhere and leave him there.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I do have to wonder how much of the leaks would have been published if Bush were still in office. This guy is not only endangering our country and troops but other countries as well. Someone need to throw him in a deep dark hole somewhere and leave him there.
    I don't know, would have to see the dates and which administration was doing the following:

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/...inglepage=true

Sleazy WikiLeaks Meets the Digital Ninnies of the State Department

Posted By Roger L Simon On November 28, 2010 @ 11:25 am In Uncategorized | 93 Comments

The criminality of self-righteous WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange aside, the State Department or other government nincompoops who authored the leaked documents and emails calling Sarkozy a “naked emperor,” etc., deserve to be terminated for extreme doofuss-ness. These days, a school child knows that what you write digitally is forever indelible.

If you have something nasty to say, do it over the water cooler or at a cocktail party, where you can deny you ever said it. Even write it down, if you must, on the back of a business card or scrap of note paper. They can be burned or flushed down the toilet. But for heaven’s sake don’t type it into a computer. There are no shredders for emails and Word docs. Are these people nitwits or do they have the impulse control of a two year old?

Okay, I admit it. Like most of us, I’ve done it myself — hit “reply all,” when I meant “reply,” and spent days cleaning up my mess. But I don’t work for the government. Much as I’d like to think otherwise, if I call Hamid Karzai “paranoid,” it’s of little consequence. If I brand Angela Merkel “Teflon,” it has less than zero affect on our relations with Germany...
    But in any case, it was not Bush that led to a 'plea' like this:

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.co...es-obamas.html

Sunday, November 28, 2010
    Wikileaks Completes Obama's Transformation Into Jimmy Carter
    The U.S. Embassy takeover in Tehran on November 4, 1979, was the start of 444 days which came to define Jimmy Carter. The U.S. government was revealed to be powerless and the President weak. Those among us who were alive and conscious during those days have embedded the feelings of helplessness.

There have been many comparisons of Barack Obama to Jimmy Carter, focused on the economy. But the continuing leak of documents by Wikileaks has become for Obama what the Iranian hostage crisis was to Carter.

The Wikileaks folks trot the globe with impunity and funnel documents to the press at will, for the purpose of damaging U.S. relations with other countries, our war efforts, and our intelligence capability. And we do almost nothing about it.

Whether or not someone gets killed as a direct result of a Wikileaks disclosure, the damage to our country is deep, as allies and sources among enemies will stop cooperating with us for fear of exposure, our diplomats will be hesitant to speak frankly with headquarters, and our intelligence on al-Qaeda and others will be compromised.

We are the laughingstock of the world, an impotent superpower whose response to those who aid our enemies is to write a letter asking them not to do it. Yes, Harold Koh the State Department's chief lawyer, sent a demand freakin' letter to Wikileaks. It went something like this (my paraphrase): ed. snark follows:

Dear Wikileaks,

Please give us our stuff back because it was really mean of you to take it and give it to all your friends.

Sincerely,

Harold Koh

Here is the letter which should have been delivered months ago:

Dear Wikileaks,

If you publish any more material we will hunt you down no matter the cost, and you either will be killed while resisting arrest or you will spend the rest of your lives in solitary confinement in a Supermax prison, where the highlight of your day will be 1 hour spent in a cage instead of your cell. Don't look up, that sound of propellers in the air is not a Predator drone.

Sincerely,

Harold Koh

Want to get a clue how clueless is the White House? Get this paragraph from the White House statement on the leak (emphasis mine):

President Obama supports responsible, accountable, and open government at home and around the world, but this reckless and dangerous action runs counter to that goal. By releasing stolen and classified documents, Wikileaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals. We condemn in the strongest terms the unauthorized disclosure of classified documents and sensitive national security information.

Oh yes, let's be sure to get in a pitch for "responsible, accountable, and open government."

Have we lost our minds? Wikileaks is about hurting us, bringing us down, damaging our relations with others, rendering us impotent. This is not about open government policy, as if Wikileaks went a bit too far on its class project....
    Now here's someone who's certainly for free speech and transparency, no?

http://twitter.com/lsanger/status/8617774721015808#

@wikileaks Speaking as Wikipedia's co-founder, I consider you enemies of the U.S.--not just the government, but the people. 12:26 PM Nov 27th via web in reply to wikileaks Retweeted by 100+ people

lsanger
    Larry Sanger

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I'm not the only one that thinks he or they need to be put away somewhere for life, or buried.

They can locate and shut down copyright websites but can't locate this turkey?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    So I'm not the only one that thinks he or they need to be put away somewhere for life, or buried.

They can locate and shut down copyright websites but can't locate this turkey?
    Kinda makes ya wonder if it isn't part of the dark LORDS plan to destroy this country, huh? ....I'll get me tin foil hat now.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Assange needs to go away in a similar fashion as Hoffa. The only problem is, of course, of the howls of outrage from liberals the world over and 40 years of documentaries showcasing competing conspiracy theories.

You have to admit, though, that the emails referring to Sarkozy as a naked emperor are pretty funny... even though the humorists will probably lose their jobs over it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A non citizen can't commit treason against a country he doesn't even live in. What makes you think it's just one guy anyway. Wiki forcing transparency works for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    A non citizen can't commit treason against a country he doesn't even live in. What makes you think it's just one guy anyway. Wiki forcing transparency works for me.
    He's guilty of espionage. If i steal something and give it to you... and you know that the goods are stolen, you are committing a crime as well if you keep those goods. He's published classified information stolen by someone. He's as guilty of espionage as the person who gave him the information.

The soldier that originally stole them is guilty of treason.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's not in the US. He's not headed to jail or charged with anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

So even if it turns out to be you and perhaps a few of your military buddies ending up getting ambushed due to wikileaks leaking strategies, methods and other information to the world - you're still good with it?

That 'transparency' may include a large hole blown in your torso, in your particular circumstance.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

He's not in the US. He's not headed to jail or charged with anything.
    Holder announced they are seeking warrant for the Australian.

The soldier is already in brig, transfer to Quantico pending mental evaluation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Holder announced they are seeking warrant for the Australian.

The soldier is already in brig, transfer to Quantico pending mental evaluation.
    Hasn't he been in Quantico for a few months? Since the first wikileak flood? How long does it take to do a mental eval?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Assange isn't in australia either. Warrant won't make a difference. He's in Swiss land. Yeah diplomatic cables that embarrass diplomats I don't see getting me blown up.