Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Kittens

So this stray wild cat had a liter of four kittens. Watched her move them a lot and played with them when she was gone. They finally looked old enough to take home a few days ago so I picked two. They are eating wet food and our really sweet. I was suprised considering how wild the parents are and how they hissed when I first when near them. Looks like they'll make two nice house cats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Umm..

A) They shouldn't be eating wet food. They should be eating kitten chow with *maybe* a little milk.

B) LOOKED old enough? They need to be 8 weeks old. 6 weeks is too early in most cases. Those only look about 4 weeks old...maybe 5.

C) Vet appointments are a requirement - especially if they're strays. You don't know what diseases they have, and they need to be dewormed, or they likely won't live that long.. Most stray kittens don't grow up to be stray cats.

D) It was really mean to steal them from the mother, who's probably searching for them right now, thus neglecting her other two... they all should have gone to a shelter together to get the proper care they need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There about 4 weeks and they woulda died outside anyway and if they didn’t the neighbors would kill them cuz there are so many stray wild cats running around the neighborhood. The males were scouring the place looking for them. As for the momma cat, sorry think she'll get over it. Vet of course I'm gona take them in a few days. They aren't eating dry food yet cuz they can't just bottle feeding with kitten formula mixed with water and a little wet food.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    There about 4 weeks and they woulda died outside anyway and if they didn’t the neighbors would kill them cuz there are so many stray wild cats running around the neighborhood. The males were scouring the place looking for them. As for the momma cat, sorry think she'll get over it. Vet of course I'm gona take them in a few days. They aren't eating dry food yet cuz they can't just bottle feeding with kitten formula mixed with water and a little wet food.
    So you took them from their mother far before they were ready, thus torturing the mother, since SHE is the one that should wean them, torturing the kittens because they aren'y READY to be away from their mother yet, malnourishing the ones you DID take, because they're not getting MOTHERS milk, possibly killing the remaining TWO due to neglect, and you think you did the right thing?

That is THE most irresponsible thing I've ever heard in my life.

Proof positive that some libs think about nothing but themselves. Selfish bitches.
    Last edited by shattered; 05-04-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I did the right thing, they may live, may not, they have just as much chance as house cats then as growing up outside and being wild. Plenty of cats have been bottle fed by humans and lived. That strays gona have a litter every year for a long time anyway so again not worried at all about her except for the pest she may become if she keeps having kittens in all the nieghbors and my bushes. As for malnourished, you haven't seen their half starved looking mother.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I did the right thing, they may live, may not, they have just as much chance as house cats then as growing up outside and being wild. Plenty of cats have been bottle fed by humans and lived. That strays gona have a litter every year for a long time anyway so again not worried at all about her except for the pest she may become if she keeps having kittens in all the nieghbors and my bushes. As for malnourished, you haven't seen their half starved looking mother.
    If you wanted to do the RIGHT thing, and gave half a shit about them, rather than yourself, and "cute factor" you'd have taken them to a shelter where people are trained to care for them, at which point you could have gone back to adopt the two you wanted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol have you ever seen our shelter. They killed 70 cats just a few weeks ago because they were so over crowded. Stinks to high heaven in there with 5 cats to one little cage. No I don't think they'd be better off their either although I did call the humane society and ask how they should be cared for. Seemed like pretty good advice and they're going to the vet next week to get checked out.

I think your worrying over nothing, they're eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, playin and climbing stuff. Look like pretty healthy happy cats to me.

The cats I did adopt from out shelter had to be taken back cuz they had problems. That's why I thought I'd try with some kittens and hopefully have better luck in getting a cat that could do things like go in a litter box and not be crazy shy or wild.

Oh and their eyes are open. They're just sleeping in that picture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol have you ever seen our shelter. They killed 70 cats just a few weeks ago because they were so over crowded. Stinks to high heaven in there with 5 cats to one little cage. No I don't think they'd be better off their either although I did call the humane society and ask how they should be cared for. Seemed like pretty good advice and they're going to the vet next week to get checked out.

I think your worrying over nothing, they're eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, playin and climbing stuff. Look like pretty healthy happy cats to me.

The cats I did adopt from out shelter had to be taken back cuz they had problems. That's why I thought I'd try with some kittens and hopefully have better luck in getting a cat that could do things like go in a litter box and not be crazy shy or wild.

Did you tell the humane society the truth? Because I can't imagine for one single minute they would have told you it's ok to take 2 out of 4 kittens from a mother, and leave the rest there..especially without going to pick them up Or, did you magically find them "abandoned", and you lied to them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now of course I found them abandoned. Better then finding them shot thru with a bb gun pellet in a few weeks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now of course I found them abandoned. Better then finding them shot thru with a bb gun pellet in a few weeks.
    So you lied AND you're selfish, and self-centered.

Go, Libs, Go!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am selfish and self-centered but can't say I thing I've done wrong here. Possibly 2 live house cats over probably 4 dead feral stray cats sound like it evens out to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am selfish and self-centered but can't say I thing I've done wrong here. Possibly 2 live house cats over probably 4 dead feral stray cats sound like it evens out to me.
    You keep believing that... The right thing to do would have been to take them all to the humane society, tell them that you're interested in adopting the two you wanted, and let them take proper care of them, thus giving the other two kittens a reasonable chance at life, and finding a home.

But, no.. You pick through what you want, and just leave the rest there with the knowledge they will probably die because you disrupted a natural progression of things for your own selfish wants, rather than doing the responsible thing...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One you have to pay to take them to the humane society if you live in the county which I do. If the other two live they'll have a home as feral cats like their mom.

As for disrupting, she had six kittens when I first saw them in my bushes as newborns. Have no idea what happened to the two but they were gone the next time I found them as I watched her moving her kits across the road and into a new place for the fifteenth gillion time. I think all the toms prowling around were disrupting her more tho she did keep the outdoor stray I feed occasionally when she had them at my place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Though I could have gotten a kitten from the neighbors. About 4 have cats that just had kittens but then I thought I'd be better taking these two since they're are so many stray cats around and this neighborhood doesn't need anymore feral cats.

Anyway will se what happens in a few weeks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LN-I think your heart is in the right place. Is it possible that your vet may be willing to help with the mother and other two kittens? Mom needs to be fixed. Our vet has two or three cats and dogs that he found as strays that he took in,fixed and now are "house" pets in his office.

I can understand you worry about shelters. Some of them complain about not having funds,but that doesn't mean they can't clean them.