Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    LN-I think your heart is in the right place. Is it possible that your vet may be willing to help with the mother and other two kittens? Mom needs to be fixed. Our vet has two or three cats and dogs that he found as strays that he took in,fixed and now are "house" pets in his office.
    I'm not sure. The mom is feral and one of the most wily cat I've ever seen. She'd have to be trapped and most vets wont fix them unless you can pay or are low income and my parents aren't gona pay for some wild stray cat. The shelter in town would kill her if she was turned in. They don't worry about fixing or keeping unadoptable pets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    I'm not sure. The mom is feral and one of the most wily cat I've ever seen. She'd have to be trapped and most vets wont fix them unless you can pay or are low income and my parents aren't gona pay for some wild stray cat. The shelter in town would kill her if she was turned in. They don't worry about fixing or keeping unadoptable pets.
    I see.

Well,good luck with them. shattered is probably right about the feeding. You may want to at least start mixing some dry in with that wet. Wet food should usually be a supplement,dry food is best for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am now, they're eating it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm with shattered on this one - fully. LN - from now on, don't steel the offspring of cats/animals because they seem cute.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't steal them because they seemed cute. Don't even like kittens all that much. Stole them cuz I want a house cat that's not wild or fucked up. Also cuz they were just going to die outside anyway and if they did grow up be killed by dogs that run loose or neighbors. Seriously, I've watched people set on their porches and take shots at the feral cats around here. Don’t think they like them going in their flower beds and chasing/killing the birds they feed.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Didn't steal them because they seemed cute. Don't even like kittens all that much. Stole them cuz I want a house cat that's not wild or fucked up. Also cuz they were just going to die outside anyway and if they did grow up be killed by dogs that run loose or neighbors. Seriously, I've watched people set on their porches and take shots at the feral cats around here. Don’t think they like them going in their flower beds and chasing/killing the birds they feed.
    self-centered, followed by assumptions. It's aight. We were young.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am self-centered, never claimed otherwise but I didn't just pick up these cat's cuz i thought they were cute. Kittens are work and too playfull. Like adult cat's better but they'll grow up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sir Evil had a feral cat that had kittens she stowed in his yard. When he almost ran over two of them with the lawn mower, he brought them inside. He and his then wife bottle fed them until they were old enough for dry food. Momma cat would come up on the porch and cry and he would take them outside to see her. They adapted very well away from momma. In fact they are now all growed up and living with me. I insisted on having them vet check before he moved in here. Cost me $300 for this!! Momma cat was pregnant again when he moved over here. The two "babies" are now full grown, and happy little lounge lizards! As for taking kittens to a shelter - about 10 or so years ago, my female managed to get herself pregnant (she would sneak outside once in a while) and gave birth to 7. I found good homes for 4 of them, and someone told me to take the others to the shelter, which I did. Two days later a friend asked me if I had any kittens left as she wanted one. We drove over to the shelter only to find out that they had been euthanized the day before! I adopted my beloved Duncan from a shelter when he was only 5 weeks old, and they had already had him neutered. My vet had a fit about that when I took him in for his shots!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We have a bunch of 'rescue' operations around here. Folks that volunteer to take animals and find homes for them, instead of going to the pound. It works well.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LN... I'm not much of an animal-lover, although I definitely think it's wrong to treat animals cruelly. I don't know much about the care of pets, and you might want to listen to Shattered & krisy's advice about that, because they seem to know a lot about pets. But, just for the record, seems to me as if you were trying to do a good thing.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a female feral cat who has established squatter's rights, so to speak, in my back yard. Every year she has a litter right about this time. I never feed them.

One of my coworkers has referred me to a local alley cat rescue organization. If I understand it correctly, they are big on neutering then releasing feral cats, which suits me fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the kitties are doing good, getting nice and big. They're well behaved house cats and really loving. That's why I took them so young. The feral mommy still has one kitten. Nice fat healthy grey one that's as wild as her. Haven't seen him in a few days but just today saw the momma with a dead rabbit in her mouth taking it back to him I'm guessing. That cat is really good at keeping the mice and bunnies away at least. Don't know what's gona happen when she has more and more litters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my cat when he was really, really young too. I don't think he was much over four weeks old. Maybe even younger. He had been left in a box at a fair with his sister, and it started to rain. The box collapsed, and they were found because he was moving under the wet box. His sister was dead. Probably hypothermia. It was chilly. A person directly brought him to me, wet, hungry, flea bit and scared. Poor little fart. I flea bathed him immediately and got him warmed up, 'cause fleas can actually kill a kitten. They don't have that much blood in them. But to feed him, I just warmed up some milk and dabbed it on his nose. He licked that off just fine, but he didn't know how to drink. So I shoved his little nose down in the warm milk, and he got the idea right quick and was drinking on his own. He's fifteen years old and nineteen pounds now. Happy and spoiled.

Cats are among the most resilient creatures on earth. It's amazing what they can over come. Once those cats are old enough for dry food LN, they can live on that their whole life. Just ask your vet.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 06-18-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vet of course I'm gona take them in a few days. They aren't eating dry food yet cuz they can't just bottle feeding with kitten formula mixed with water and a little wet food.