Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Anytime! I've been screwing around on computers since '88 or so and the cool thing to these damn things is they're always changing with new technology, threats, problems, solutions.

Chrome is definitely different, but I really like it. It'll just take you a few days to get used to.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Anytime! I've been screwing around on computers since '88 or so and the cool thing to these damn things is they're always changing with new technology, threats, problems, solutions.

Chrome is definitely different, but I really like it. It'll just take you a few days to get used to.
    I'm liking it more .... have you ever used Firefox ... Jim and someone else recommended it. What's your take?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm liking it more .... have you ever used Firefox ... Jim and someone else recommended it. What's your take?
    Firefox is good. It used to be called Netscape back in the day, and it's all I ever used to use.

Chrome seems to be faster, and it has less users and so won't be the target of as many nasty critters out in the wild. If Firefox ever gains as many users as IE, then they'll be targeted the same as IE is now. That's why Macs are "safer" than PCs - they don't have nearly the market share that PCs do, so they've not had nearly the attention from malicious software authors.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just use Kaspersky Ineternet Security 2010 and soon i will change to Kaspersky Pure, and i recommend everyone to use Kaspersky Pure or internet security, i have never had any problems with viruses while using it, and i use IE not chrome or firefox, i know chrome is faster, but i just like IE and dont want to use chrome, i only use chrome in my virtual machines because i need more speed there while i am testing anything or using macro programs to play an online game for me
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

one big threat is those old out dated programs or the one's that are at end of life. I use a simple free scanner called Secunia that has eliminated these threats. it not an AV program.

The Secunia PSI is aFREE security tool designed to detectvulnerable andout-dated programs and plug-ins which expose your PC to attacks. Attacks exploiting vulnerable programs and plug-ins are rarely blocked by traditional anti-virus and are therefore increasingly "popular" among criminals.

The only solution to block these kind of attacks is to apply security updates, commonly referred to as patches. Patches are offered free-of-charge by most software vendors, however, finding all these patches is a tedious and time consuming task. Secunia PSI automates this and alerts you when your programs and plug-ins require updating to stay secure.
    and its found a lot of headaches for me. I run it once a week.
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I may just go for a new machine..this one is 10 yrs old..heck I may not be able to find mem for this thing anymore.

And Vista is history.
    ah, ten years old....I believe the memory on those were two mice in recliner chairs with beer and popcorn......if things have slowed down perhaps one of them died......
    ...full immersion.....