Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You have NEVER busted me for lying, unlike you I don't need to lie in a debate. I've NEVER screwed with your account. And you are a LIAR here because you outright state it says things in the article that it doesn't, then refuse to admit you made it up. That's as clear cut as a lie can be!! Hell, but I guess the other 3 that chimed in thus far are just seeing things 2, huh fatman?
    Really?

This is exactly why I don't answer in the manner you want me to, because you would rather play games with the words than actually discuss the issue. And here you are again with the "You're saying". I guess when you can't win you'll just make up a post and claim it's things I am saying.

I'm sure everyone reading this thread thought I was advocating torture against the "right wing extremists"! That's BS and you know it. You're playing semantics and word games and only looking like the ass you are.

Btw - why did you change YOUR stance? You once wrote that you were fine with them torturing based on RACE, and now you seem to be against it.
    Your response when I called you out on your Lie -

blah blah blah, your usual treading of water complaining I haven't answered you. Fine, I'll concede, my several times of answering you in different manners are not there.

Upset a little, homo boy? Don't like it when people just make shit up in the midst of a debate and claim you said things you never did? Tough shit, stop doing it to me then.
    Like I said, you're a real piece of work there Slick
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Really?

Your response when I called you out on your Lie -
    Like I said, you're a real piece of work there Slick
    And how about quoting for everyone where I CLEARLY wrote in that thread:

Look, dumbass, YOU made statements that I DID NOT make by first stating "So what you're saying is..." - which is a shit tactic to use when debating, to just outright make something up that your opponent never said - even if you were "only to trying to clarify my position" which was total horseshit. I came back at you and did the same to you in return, but a little harsher. And it appears you don't like having words put in your mouth and now you want to make demands.

Tough shit. Debate honestly and don't do shit to other people that you don't want coming back to bite you in the ass.
    I outright admit I did what I did to prove a point and clarified what I was doing to EVERYONE who might read the thread.

You just outright lie and stick to it, well, like a LIAR
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

another source that shows it is not the "noise" it is the "offended"

CARBONDALE -- There is a bit of controversy surrounding the sounds coming from the SIU clock tower. This time of year, the Pulliam Hall clock is known for playing Christmas music every hour. But the music has been off the past few days.

Westminster Quarters is all that you hear on the SIU Campus. That is after university leaders decided to pull the plug on playing Christmas music from the clock tower.

"People said they liked the music, but they thought it should include other kinds of music rather than the Christmas music that was playing," SIU Spokesperson Rod Sievers said.

"If it was Jingle Bells or White Christmas or something like that, I think it would be a lot more respectful," said Christine Stowell, an SIU Master's student.

Thoughts about silencing the Christmas music were mixed on campus Thursday night. John Ferguson lives just north of the clock tower.

"I walk my dogs a lot, so it is very nice to hear in the winter time when you are walking by," Ferguson said.

Beth Freeburg gets to hear the chimes as she works. Her office is just below the clock tower.

"I think it's just a wonderful, inspirational thing that adds to the specialness of our signature building," Freeburg said.

Sievers says the bells will ring again, and soon.

"We'll begin with a mix of non-religious music while our people work with folks over at the School of Music to get an appropriate mix of music from all faiths and traditions," Sievers said.

"I just hope, whatever it's going to be, that it comes back right away," Freeburg said.

Sievers says the clock should resume playing music some time Friday. Holiday music will return soon after that.

http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details...11837&type=top

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That article CLEARLY shows that it was a NOISE complaint as well. I know you don't see those words in there, and I know it specifically says the complaints were about the CONTENT, but we all know it was really just a noise complaint and you guys are behind these articles and just want it to "seem" as if people are complaining about "Christmas".

So all I have to say is:

Really?

Ok, if you say so
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That article CLEARLY shows that it was a NOISE complaint as well. I know you don't see those words in there, and I know it specifically says the complaints were about the CONTENT, but we all know it was really just a noise complaint and you guys are behind these articles and just want it to "seem" as if people are complaining about "Christmas".

So all I have to say is:

Really?

Ok, if you say so
    Really?

Show me where I am wrong - I''ll wait

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RSR posts:
    That leaves only three options: 1) keep the generic non-holiday chimes that sound year round, 2) go with only holiday neutral songs, or 3) incorporate music from other religious holidays of the season.
    I'd say #3, but I would add, the xmas holiday has gone completly over the top in the last 10 to 15 years. We've got a radio station in our town that plays nothing but xmas music from Thanksgiving till xmas day, gets tiring. Further more, xmas is emotionally draining on many people, and winter can be money tight, so it gets a little hard to smile all the time, and be in good cheer.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    RSR posts:

I'd say #3, but I would add, the xmas holiday has gone completly over the top in the last 10 to 15 years. We've got a radio station in our town that plays nothing but xmas music from Thanksgiving till xmas day, gets tiring. Further more, xmas is emotionally draining on many people, and winter can be money tight, so it gets a little hard to smile all the time, and be in good cheer.
    Well, change the station. Seems to me if they are doing it this year there must be enough people tuning in - or they would not be airing only Christmas music

Again, we have a few "offended" who try to damper the holiday for the majority

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Well, change the station. Seems to me if they are doing it this year there must be enough people tuning in - or they would not be airing only Christmas music

They weren't offended, their ears just hurt from the volume of the music and they made a noise complaint. Had nothing to do with it being religious music!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They weren't offended, their ears just hurt from the volume of the music and they made a noise complaint. Had nothing to do with it being religious music!
    If you say so

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If you say so
    Really?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Really?
    Cute response after you editied my post!!!!!

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You're a real piece of work there slick!
    What ever dude, continue with your circle jerk.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Understood, but its the ONLY "easy listening" station in our area, can take only so much "country/western" music. And, for the record, I wasn't "offended" just think, that enough is enough, even of a good thing, comprenda ?
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Understood, but its the ONLY "easy listening" station in our area, can take only so much "country/western" music. And, for the record, I wasn't "offended" just think, that enough is enough, even of a good thing, comprenda ?
    Never said you were one of the offended - if I implied that - I stand corrected

You can go Satellite Radio and have alot more choices

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Really?

So I bust you for lying in other threads, you screw with my account and now in this thread where I state a simple truth that complaints about "Music" is a noise complaint I'm a Liar.

You are a real piece of work there Slick.
    I had a member contact me privately and want to know whether or not I mess with others accounts here, and why Pagan received a rep from me but the thread it pointed to was listed as "N/A"

The answer is NO, and I will PROVE IT, but let me first explain...

First off, why would I "mess with" someone's account to remove rep from fake threads if I can simply pick any post from a member and accomplish the same thing? It makes ZERO sense to do so. But here's what happens when you rep someone - it places a message in their UserCP telling them they received a new rep. It tells you who it is from, the point totals, and then gives a link to the post in question that they repped you for.

Now, what happens if someone reps on a post - and that post is later deleted by staff? Your rep points remain the same, you get the + or - that they left - but since it can't link to a post that no longer exists, it puts "N/A" in its place.

There is my written explanation, and now I will prove it visually...

I have decided to use Noir as an example, with a post that was harmless, just as a "test"...

First I went to this thread - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...ion-and-RIGHTS

Noir made a post at 5pm last night, and here it is/was:

noir_post.jpg

I went and left him a +rep on this post:

rep_test.jpg

Now if you go to this thread, and read chronologically, you'll see that Noir's post from 5pm last nite has since been deleted.

I am going to ask Noir to tell us what he now sees in his rep column when he next logs in. We'll see if Pagan is telling what he believes to be the truth, that I fucked with his account, or that he is naive and just doesn't understand what happened.