Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    1. Church makes men feel uncomfortable because it emphasizes feminine values

2. Church forces men to do things that they find uncomfortable

3. Men assume that church will require them to give up masculine traits

4. Church does not present a compelling model of leadership
    IMO, the solution for Christian men is to fix these problems where they exist, not to quit going to church.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    I present Debatepolicy with example #1 on how conservatives misrepresent Christianity to form their politics:

If Jesus were alive today, Jesus would not agree in cutting social programs to help the poor, nor would he agree with invading a country that never harmed us in any way, shape, or form. Calling gay people "queers!" and "fags!" is not what Jesus stood for. Degrading minorities, and making racist statements because of an ethno-centric redneck ignorance would not be condoned Jesus.

The only issues you guys have a fucking leg to stand on with Jesus is abortion, not being having sex with the same sex, and not having sex in general unless your married.

Everything else is your own evil spin on Christianity.
    Since you're not a Christian, your spin on Christian values is dubious, at best. But I'll try to entertain you.

First, Jesus would encourage individuals, not governments, to show compassion to the poor.

Second, Jesus was well aware that there would be wars and rumors of wars up until the very end of the age. In fact, He Himself said that He "came not to bring peace, but a sword," in that faith in Him as the Son of God would bring discord to families, communities, and nations.

Third, I'm sure Jesus would not advocate insulting anyone, homosexual or not. He would not, however, condone sinful behavior as 'normal' or 'acceptable.'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I stopped attending church because, I got sick and tired of the politics and hypocrisy. Have my beliefs changed..no.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So basically you’re trying to say that someone who studied a particular subject and knows a lot about it, but doesn't believe in it, shouldn't be able to speak for it? Even when they know more than the person who does believe in it?
    That makes a lot of sense dumbfuck.
    And I will not leave the "What would Jesus do's" to the right-wing community, because as I explained earlier, right-wingers believe in a warped form of Christianity that does not accurately represent Jesus.

If conservatives are going to continue to use their warped form of Jesus’ beliefs to make talking points, than liberals are going to continuously have to step in and shut them down.
    Now come the "so basically" spin and lies aye. "You studied, you're smarter than I am, I don't know what I'm talking about"... all as if you "KNEW" me, when in fact, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHO I AM, WHAT I'VE STUDIED, WHAT I'VE DONE, WHERE I'VE BEEN, WHO I KNOW, NOTHING, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME, YET YOU WANT TO SPEW YOU LIBERAL BULLSHIT HERE LIKE YOU HAVE A KNATS ASS OF AN IDEA WHO OR WHAT I AM???????!!!!

You are the EPITOME of arrogance you ignorant liberal mother fucker. You REAK of liberal condenscension that the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD is stupider than you are. You make me sick. You're smug and concieted air of superiority permiates through you liberal swine. You all HATE all that is holy. You all HATE anything that is GOOD. You wish America fail in order to make YOURSELF FEEL GOOD. And to anyone that would EVER disagree with you, ESPECIALLY one of those GOD DAMN CHRISTIANS, YOU'RE GOING TO TELL THEM A THING OR TWO AREN'T YOU?

GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU MOTHER FUCKING BIGOT!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I stopped attending church because, I got sick and tired of the politics and hypocrisy. Have my beliefs changed..no.
    If you don't go to church to learn Jesus' teachings, how will you be a good Christian? I think this is the problem with the so called Christians of today. They don't know much about the religion, but they use it as some sort of a badge to make themselves feel better, like they belong to something, but they have no idea what is is that they belong to! They think Christianity is about hating gays and killing Muslims and supporting a Corporate oil baron family who says they are Christian. If Christians were really truly practising Christianity, they would be anti-war, anti-death penalty, anti-abortion, anti-killing for any reason. They would be pro-everything that would help the little guy, the poor, the immigrant, the children, the teachers, the mothers, the struggling, the sick...

I wish you so-called Christians WOULD go to Church, you certainly seem like you need some learnin'.
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    IMO, the solution for Christian men is to fix these problems where they exist, not to quit going to church.
    I agree. There's still a lot of times I think of going to church but don't.

I'm not even sure churches are aware of these problems, but if they were, I can't imagine if being much of a problem to "man up" the church a little bit. Less songs, a little more hell fire and brimestone in the sermon, something to eat...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    If you don't go to church to learn Jesus' teachings, how will you be a good Christian? I think this is the problem with the so called Christians of today. They don't know much about the religion, but they use it as some sort of a badge to make themselves feel better, like they belong to something, but they have no idea what is is that they belong to! They think Christianity is about hating gays and killing Muslims and supporting a Corporate oil baron family who says they are Christian. If Christians were really truly practising Christianity, they would be anti-war, anti-death penalty, anti-abortion, anti-killing for any reason. They would be pro-everything that would help the little guy, the poor, the immigrant, the children, the teachers, the mothers, the struggling, the sick...

I wish you so-called Christians WOULD go to Church, you certainly seem like you need some learnin'.

Where and when did you meat these "so called Christians".

All one need to do to learn of Christ, is read the bible. It's no more complicated than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with Christianity today isn't that people need to learn more about the religion; it's that people need to get to know Father God through Jesus. This is religion: that we help widows and orphans in their distress and keep ourselves from being polluted by the world. That's it. Doctrines and statements of belief mean NOTHING if people will not surrender their hearts in obedience to God. HIS ways are perfect and loving and TRUE. If we walk with God, moment-by-moment, we simply do HIS will, and HE knows the perfect thing to do at the perfect moment.

There is a time for war, a time for execution, a time to allow people to struggle, and a time to lift people up, a time to heal. There is no pre-set position on issues, although some things are always wrong. Going to church may not help people learn. But loving the people around us and surrendering our wills to God's will guarantee growth.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trying to somehow use George Bush as some kind of icon that is representative American Christianity is such a bizarre stretch that even Gumby wouldn't try it.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Going to church does not make a Christian...tis you who needs some learnin.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I present Debatepolicy with example #1 on how conservatives misrepresent Christianity to form their politics:

If Jesus were alive today, Jesus would not agree in cutting social programs to help the poor, nor would he agree with invading a country that never harmed us in any way, shape, or form. Calling gay people "queers!" and "fags!" is not what Jesus stood for. Degrading minorities, and making racist statements because of an ethno-centric redneck ignorance would not be condoned Jesus.

The only issues you guys have a fucking leg to stand on with Jesus is abortion, not being having sex with the same sex, and not having sex in general unless your married.

Everything else is your own evil spin on Christianity.
    You really don't know anything about Christ do you? He wasnt an advocate of government programs. He was an advocate of individual responsibility. Much like we are. Christ's powers are far greater then those of the sword, but we are often commanded to defend ourselves. Especially when our lives and liberty are in jeopardy.

And Christ was also one of the first ones to point out hypocrisy. And you my friend are a hypocrite if you think calling people rednecks and condescending to them with your holier than thou attitude is any better than any insulting any other group of people. Especially when the people who use those degrading terms are more than likely using the terms on themselves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ring the alarm! Jesus is coming!
    He is coming. You can't deny the authority and rights to the Lord of the Earth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you guys no Jesus could have been black? Or Muslim looking?

The area in which he’s from (The Middle East) was and is predominantly Muslim looking people.

If he came back and we could see that he was in fact Muslim looking, can you imagine what this would do to the right-wing psyche?
    He is a jew, why would He be muslim looking? if anything he would be jewish looking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are you rolling your eyes at?

Anyone with an intelligence level above a rat knows that Jesus was not pale white because of the people who lived in that area during his life, and who still live there today as well.

Saying Jesus was white is like saying the slaves we brought here from Africa were Chinese.
    Anyone with an intelligence level above the rats know that this is merely a straw man you've set up to attempt to race bait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    You going to quit life to? because the fact is no one in life is perfect. And politics is everywhere.