Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default What am I looking for?

I'm sure there are at least a few wondering as to why I want to tighten things up around here. Again, this isn't about censoring anyone or their points of view, but rather to enhance the board for everyone.

I've received quite a few PM's over the past month with people disappointed in the way the board has become. A few great members have left completely, and others don't post as much. This is not good. While I expect there to be some animosity and feuding, it should never reach a level to where good members feel the need to leave.

Please, continue the debates, get heated if you feel like it, just don't make it too personal. I want an adult atmosphere for intelligent people to debate without restriction, but also want to keep respectability for the board as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well Jim, total freedom results in anarchy. Some folks on the net, have no intention of being involved on a site except to disrupt, total freedom just doesn't work. IMO
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Well Jim, total freedom results in anarchy. Some folks on the net, have no intention of being involved on a site except to disrupt, total freedom just doesn't work. IMO
    Agreed-----some basic guidelines that EVERYONE must follow are a necessity to accomplish what I think you and others would like to see here.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anarchy rules on the net as long as your not a thin skinned cry-baby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well said you three........ln is not one of the three i was refering to.......
    Last edited by manu1959; 05-06-2007 at 12:31 PM.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Maybe in some places but it doesn't have to here. Jim can easily police the site if people aren't willing to discipline themselves.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

There is a difference between being unable to handle low-class epithets because of your sensitivities, and not wanting to waste your time or lower your standards reading them. You may someday understand this.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't use a lot of vulgarity, some do, and them doing it doesn't hurt me. You don't hafta read it ya know.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I don't use a lot of vulgarity, some do, and them doing it doesn't hurt me. You don't hafta read it ya know.
    It's the staff's responsibility to CONTROL it, however.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just curious. Your avatar is the international ANARCHISTS symbol.

Wouldn't ARARCHISTS eschew any symbol or identification that associated them with a specific movement ?

Doesn't the use of such a identifying SYMBOL argue against the very notion of ANARCHISM ?

Seems quite laughable to me.

Perhaps you should consider changing your symbol repeatedly ... so that no-one really knows what you are or what you believe. Kinda like P-Diddy, or Diddy, or Master P, or whatever it calls itself now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anarchy ceases to be anarchy when anarchist make it into a movement and organize it I agree. I just like the symbol and some of the ideas behind it even tho if put in to practice in full it would be totally impractical and not possible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Just curious. Your avatar is the international ANARCHISTS symbol.

Wouldn't ARARCHISTS eschew any symbol or identification that associated them with a specific movement ?

Doesn't the use of such a identifying SYMBOL argue against the very notion of ANARCHISM ?

Seems quite laughable to me.

Perhaps you should consider changing your symbol repeatedly ... so that no-one really knows what you are or what you believe. Kinda like P-Diddy, or Diddy, or Master P, or whatever it calls itself now
    Leave her alone. She's Liberalicious. She puts the L to the I to the B to the E-R-A-L. Crap. Now I have to start over. The L to I to the E to R......
    Last edited by Said1; 05-06-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do realise that if the board is run as you wish, several more members would be forced to leave or change their style completely, I include me, I could make a long list of the others I can see in the catchment criteria and it does include at least 1 mod.
    As you know, I am easy to keep in line, others I am not so sure about, having said that, I don't think I would want them to change, If they did, I couldn't trust their sentiment anymore.What is wrong with the cage?Most times we keep it there or are happy for it to be moved there, why try to force political debate when the constituents couldn't give a fuck so long as the bells and whistles work?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    You do realise that if the board is run as you wish, several more members would be forced to leave or change their style completely, I include me, I could make a long list of the others I can see in the catchment criteria and it does include at least 1 mod.
    As you know, I am easy to keep in line, others I am not so sure about, having said that, I don't think I would want them to change, If they did, I couldn't trust their sentiment anymore.What is wrong with the cage?Most times we keep it there or are happy for it to be moved there, why try to force political debate when the constituents couldn't give a fuck so long as the bells and whistles work?
    The members who would leave, if they don't change their style, would be welcome - CELEBRATED? in their departure. This isn't an option - Jim and we will run the board how we see fit. (note period.) If people don't LIKE it, they'd be welcome to leave. We see the board now, lately, going downhill very quickly - not a direction we'd like. Jim's policies are the the betterment of the board, as a whole.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The members who would leave, if they don't change their style, would be welcome - CELEBRATED? in their departure. This isn't an option - Jim and we will run the board how we see fit. (note period.) If people don't LIKE it, they'd be welcome to leave. We see the board now, lately, going downhill very quickly - not a direction we'd like. Jim's policies are the the betterment of the board, as a whole.
    Have you set a date then?