Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Okay, no response from the gallery. Got it. Hit job and they agree.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Okay, no response from the gallery. Got it. Hit job and they agree.
    Is the champagne getting to you, Kath?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Is the champagne getting to you, Kath?

Psychoblues
    just the depression of failure. Carry on.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    just the depression of failure. Carry on.
    I continue to consider and want you as a friend, Kath. I hope your feelings are not as any result of any perceived failures of mine.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First off, if you ever want to speak with me seriously then do not refer to our health care reform legislation as "Obamacare". It actually has a name and it is not "Obamacare". Obviously you are not aware that our congress negotiated this law with little to no input from the President. Much of this legislation was left over from the Dole reform actions of 1996. WTF you may ask? Me, too.

Psychoblues
    Fact: Insurance cost are increasing at higher rates AFTER Obamacare passed

FACT: Insurance companies are cutting back on benfits to customers after Obamacare passed

FACT: Unions are now droping coverage to members due to the INCREASED costs associated with Obamacare

FACT: Nearly 60% of voters want Obamacare REPEALED

You can continue to luve in your bubble and ingore the results of Obamacare but alas, you continue to be in the minority PB

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You gotta be kidding me, Kath!!!!!!!! And I don't make it a habit of answering frivolous questions except for personal entertainment purposes.

Do we need to speak privately, Kath? Somehow I feel you expect me to not respond in kind to some of these idiots and seriously I don't most of the time. Underlying activities aside I think I'm doing very well but if someone comes at me guns blazing, so to speak, I reserve the right to return fire.

I also reserve the right to have just as much fun as anyone else on this board. Is that unfair?

Psychoblues
    Well if you're referring to my post as "guns blazing", than I'm confused.

My post also wasn't "frivolous". You posted that the gov. is going to save money and I've outlined just HOW they plan to save money.

I also included an article regarding a Dr. shortage in this country, a problem that is only going to get worse if Dr.'s start making less, yet continue to be charged more for malpractice insurance.

I realize that snarky comments are more your forte, but a serious conversation is nice sometimes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Well if you're referring to my post as "guns blazing", than I'm confused.

My post also wasn't "frivolous". You posted that the gov. is going to save money and I've outlined just HOW they plan to save money.

I also included an article regarding a Dr. shortage in this country, a problem that is only going to get worse if Dr.'s start making less, yet continue to be charged more for malpractice insurance.

I realize that snarky comments are more your forte, but a serious conversation is nice sometimes.
    Trigg, this is an internet message board that contains more evil intent and snark than most. I will not bow down to anyone. That said, I don't accept the premise of what you interpret about the health care reform in this country. I won't go into alot about it with you at this point other than to share with you a few links to more much comprehensive information. Some of it agrees with you and some of it agrees with me. Overall, however, it lays out in certain terms why our healthcare system is a disaster compared to other systems. When your/our system can be easily proven to be miserably insufficient and falling rapidly behind in such areas as infant mortality and life expectancy then I think most anyone would want to see our system of heathcare improved. Otherwise it's not much different than old fashioned death panels, eh?

There are literally hundreds more links that you will find by following these. Wikipedia is nonpartisan and apolitical and every professional I know trusts them and their constant linking to sources for their information. Here goes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_reform

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Pay particular attention to the second link. It pertains to something I think you are very confused about and rightfully so. It is comprehensive as is the entire healthcare mess.

No, Trigg. I don't think you came at me guns blazing but I know you are capable of it. Hopefully we can be more civil and understanding in the future?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Trigg, this is an internet message board that contains more evil intent and snark than most. I will not bow down to anyone. That said, I don't accept the premise of what you interpret about the health care reform in this country. I won't go into alot about it with you at this point other than to share with you a few links to more much comprehensive information. Some of it agrees with you and some of it agrees with me. Overall, however, it lays out in certain terms why our healthcare system is a disaster compared to other systems. When your/our system can be easily proven to be miserably insufficient and falling rapidly behind in such areas as infant mortality and life expectancy then I think most anyone would want to see our system of heathcare improved. Otherwise it's not much different than old fashioned death panels, eh?

There are literally hundreds more links that you will find by following these. Wikipedia is nonpartisan and apolitical and every professional I know trusts them and their constant linking to sources for their information. Here goes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_reform

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Pay particular attention to the second link. It pertains to something I think you are very confused about and rightfully so. It is comprehensive as is the entire healthcare mess.

No, Trigg. I don't think you came at me guns blazing but I know you are capable of it. Hopefully we can be more civil and understanding in the future?

Psychoblues
    There is no agreeing with me or agreeing with you.

The gov. IS going to tie Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements to hospitals PRC scores. A majority of a hospitals patient base are on either Medicare or Medicaid. This will hurt EVERY hospital out there.

We have a Dr. shortage in this country and it is going to get worse, not better. People just are not going into medicine and if they are they are not becoming general practitioners.

These are just facts.

I'll completely agree that this counties health system needs help. But, that behemoth of a health care bill that NO ONE read before voting on it, just isn't the answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I'll completely agree that this counties health system needs help. But, that behemoth of a health care bill that NO ONE read before voting on it, just isn't the answer.
    Of course it is, it's sensible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no agreeing with me or agreeing with you.

The gov. IS going to tie Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements to hospitals PRC scores. A majority of a hospitals patient base are on either Medicare or Medicaid. This will hurt EVERY hospital out there.

We have a Dr. shortage in this country and it is going to get worse, not better. People just are not going into medicine and if they are they are not becoming general practitioners.

These are just facts.

You listen to the fearmongers and I'll stick with the truth tellers and healthcare professionals. I cannot speak for the health system in your county. Somebody is lying to you, Trigg, and it ain't me.

Psychoblues
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 01-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You listen to the fearmongers and I'll stick with the truth tellers and health care professionals. I cannot speak for the health system in your county. Somebody is lying to you, Trigg, and it ain't me.

Psychoblues
    This has nothing to do with fearmongers and I am a healthcare professional as is nukeman. Have been for going on 20 years.

The articles I posted come from the Medical Malpractice Insurance Group and the Health care Financial Management Association and is an article outlining the changes will go into affect when the gov. imposes changes to Medicare and Medicaid payments. The other article I posted from come from the American Academy of Family Physicians.

Hardy political entities or county issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This has nothing to do with fearmongers and I am a healthcare professional as is nukeman. Have been for going on 20 years.

The articles I posted come from the Medical Malpractice Insurance Group and the Health care Financial Management Association and is an article outlining the changes will go into affect when the gov. imposes changes to Medicare and Medicaid payments. The other article I posted from come from the American Academy of Family Physicians.

Hardy political entities or county issues.
    And hardly comprehensive or unbiased. Did you look into the Wikipedia links or have you dismissed them altogether?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And hardly comprehensive or unbiased. Did you look into the Wikipedia links or have you dismissed them altogether?

Psychoblues
    How exactly is a group offering insurance rates biased??? How exactly is a group talking about Dr. shortages biased??? How exactly is a group explaining the changes in reimbursement biased. These things are FACT. There is no bias. These are NOT political.

I've already agreed that the gov. will save money. The links I provided outlined exactly HOW the gov. plans to save money, by lowering Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements. Hospitals are already planning for these changes, they are going to happen.

I've also agreed that our healthcare system needs changes, but not with this behemoth of a bill.

Yet, you continue to dismiss my links as biased and fear mongering, who's the sheep here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How exactly is a group offering insurance rates biased??? How exactly is a group talking about Dr. shortages biased??? How exactly is a group explaining the changes in reimbursement biased. These things are FACT. There is no bias. These are NOT political.

I've already agreed that the gov. will save money. The links I provided outlined exactly HOW the gov. plans to save money, by lowering Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements. Hospitals are already planning for these changes, they are going to happen.

I've also agreed that our healthcare system needs changes, but not with this behemoth of a bill.

Yet, you continue to dismiss my links as biased and fear mongering, who's the sheep here?
    And I have never intimated the Patients Rights and Affordable Care Act was the best package to solve our healthcare systems problems but it sure beats the hell out of anything that we've ever had before. It will improve as time goes on and the patients and healthcare providers will slowly begin to fully understand and accept the new law as being just as I describe here. Change is very hard, always has been, especially on things this vital and to things like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, people will exploit these changes for all the fear they can arouse and there will always be those who for whatever reason just will not support anything they perceive to be a lefty says or does no matter how much it goes against their own self interests to withdraw that support.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And I have never intimated the Patients Rights and Affordable Care Act was the best package to solve our healthcare systems problems but it sure beats the hell out of anything that we've ever had before. It will improve as time goes on and the patients and healthcare providers will slowly begin to fully understand and accept the new law as being just as I describe here. Change is very hard, always has been, especially on things this vital and to things like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, people will exploit these changes for all the fear they can arouse and there will always be those who for whatever reason just will not support anything they perceive to be a lefty says or does no matter how much it goes against their own self interests to withdraw that support.

Psychoblues
    I'm going to type slowly.

This has nothing to do with politics, at least the way I see it.

I do not think the healthcare bill should be totally scraped, there are probably good provisions in it.

However, the gov. is planning to save money in a way that is detrimental to our hospitals. We ALREADY have a Dr. shortage and lower reimbursement added to HIGHER malpractice insurance rates will only exacerbate those shortages. Europe already has this issue thanks to their universal healthcare. I do not want to see the US go down the road of rationed care. I have a sister in Finland I am not ignorant in regards to the hoops they have to jump through in order to get a timely procedure.

This has nothing to do with fear at this point, the things I posted are FACT.