Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Dude, that was no hypothetical. Do you know what a hypothetical is? Your answer, however, was a hypothetical and an inaccurate one. What's the beef? I'm not trying to attack anything, lr. Hell, I like talking to you. You make far more sense than most of these knee jerk (pun intended) right wingers on this board!!!!!

Psychoblues
    I like to argue, with anyone and everyone (makes me a dick to be around) but enough about me-- how is your question not hypothetical, I assumed you were talking about the founding fathers in re: my reference to dec of independance. cause there werent semi weapons back then, and I doubt America would stand 280 million strong for anything. Wish they could, but we wouldn't have a forum here if that was possible.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    I like to argue, with anyone and everyone (makes me a dick to be around) but enough about me-- how is your question not hypothetical, I assumed you were talking about the founding fathers in re: my reference to dec of independance. cause there werent semi weapons back then, and I doubt America would stand 280 million strong for anything. Wish they could, but we wouldn't have a forum here if that was possible.
    I don't have anyone much to argue with anymore except on this dadburn typing machine but like you I always enjoy a good disagreement!

You came into this conversation saying "What a coward" as if there were only one and as if you think the resignation was a result of any cowardice. Them are some mighty big and mighty wrong assumptions. I won't do elementary research for you but the answers to that can be found right here in this thread. You may have to follow a link or 2. You also made inappropriate references to the founding fathers. You don't have a clue what the founding fathers did or would do based on anything happening then and especially what is happening now. This thread pertains to particular Republican politicos that now see fit to resign their elected positions based on physical fear for the safety of their families and themselves. That's real, my friend, and no hypothetical.

Then you said, "At worst--died free men". I really wanted to ignore that one as I have to assume that you would have preferred they had died British slaves as in "At best--died British slaves". My statement refered to this century, this population and this firepower threat if the teabaggers and/or those like them can sucessfully ignite or incite a large scale revolution. I have my weapons and am well trained to use them. I will allow no threat from anyone concerning my politics, freedom such as it is and my love of the USA. And then I just pointed out that you don't know much about American history. I stand by that.

Then you wanted me to "learn you something". Don't you think that's a bit juvenile for an otherwise serious conversation? Oh, damn. I know you were joking!!!!! In any event, you seemed to want me to explain to you why you said something about someone renouncing their office. I have absolutely no freaking clue as to what you really mean by that as I believe these politicos resigned their positions without renunciation of any kind. Smart as you are, lr, the subtleties and nuances don't escape you, yes?

Then you got excited about the hypotheticals. I hope that by now we have discussed that sufficiently so I will not belabor the point any further. I also tried unsuccessfully to qualify my remarks to no avail. Maybe we're talking past each other. Let me be the first to raise my hands and say in a high pitched voice, GUILTY!!!!!!! And again, lr, I cannot envision a circumstance where I might attack you in any way. That's not a promise as I note you caught me a little off guard tonight and I don't know how serious you were about it or what you may do in the future. But one thing is for certain. I will not enter any thread that you start or are participating in and attack you. You may take my remarks personally and attack me and I reserve the right not to acquiesce. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

As far as your last post, that's why I spent some time on this one. I learned over in middle Tennessee, never fuck with the logrollers!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

There was at least as much American political animosity and difference of opinion then as now, fj. There was and remains plenty of infighting and even death to protect what we consider rights. To each his own cup of tea.

Psychoblues
    So you would have been pointing out how violent the original tea partiers were then? We'd all be speaking with British accents if the country was made up of your types back then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    So you would have been pointing out how violent the original tea partiers were then? We'd all be speaking with British accents if the country was made up of your types back then.
    Jesus Freaking Christ!!!!!!! You don't know shit, fj. Study up on the Boston Tea Party and get back with me. You turdheads would be anathema for them.

There were a lot more like me back then than you might realize. But, that's another thread or perhaps a few university level books. How long are you gonna keep whining? You were out of any legitimate dialogue here long ago.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

^Testy tonight 'eh? I'm just trying to post like a lib, some crap here some BS there...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^Testy tonight 'eh? I'm just trying to post like a lib, some crap here some BS there...
    OK. The humor escaped me. Somehow conservatives have a problem with the delivery.

A belated Ha Ha Ha

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't have anyone much to argue with anymore except on this dadburn typing machine but like you I always enjoy a good disagreement!

You came into this conversation saying "What a coward" as if there were only one and as if you think the resignation was a result of any cowardice. Them are some mighty big and mighty wrong assumptions. I won't do elementary research for you but the answers to that can be found right here in this thread. You may have to follow a link or 2. You also made inappropriate references to the founding fathers. You don't have a clue what the founding fathers did or would do based on anything happening then and especially what is happening now. This thread pertains to particular Republican politicos that now see fit to resign their elected positions based on physical fear for the safety of their families and themselves. That's real, my friend, and no hypothetical.

Then you said, "At worst--died free men". I really wanted to ignore that one as I have to assume that you would have preferred they had died British slaves as in "At best--died British slaves". My statement refered to this century, this population and this firepower threat if the teabaggers and/or those like them can sucessfully ignite or incite a large scale revolution. I have my weapons and am well trained to use them. I will allow no threat from anyone concerning my politics, freedom such as it is and my love of the USA. And then I just pointed out that you don't know much about American history. I stand by that.

Then you wanted me to "learn you something". Don't you think that's a bit juvenile for an otherwise serious conversation? Oh, damn. I know you were joking!!!!! In any event, you seemed to want me to explain to you why you said something about someone renouncing their office. I have absolutely no freaking clue as to what you really mean by that as I believe these politicos resigned their positions without renunciation of any kind. Smart as you are, lr, the subtleties and nuances don't escape you, yes?

Then you got excited about the hypotheticals. I hope that by now we have discussed that sufficiently so I will not belabor the point any further. I also tried unsuccessfully to qualify my remarks to no avail. Maybe we're talking past each other. Let me be the first to raise my hands and say in a high pitched voice, GUILTY!!!!!!! And again, lr, I cannot envision a circumstance where I might attack you in any way. That's not a promise as I note you caught me a little off guard tonight and I don't know how serious you were about it or what you may do in the future. But one thing is for certain. I will not enter any thread that you start or are participating in and attack you. You may take my remarks personally and attack me and I reserve the right not to acquiesce. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

As far as your last post, that's why I spent some time on this one. I learned over in middle Tennessee, never fuck with the logrollers!

Psychoblues
    Admittedly, I don't have the highest level of understanding regarding history, it is limited. However, though limited, it isnt defunct. In consideration of American values, as they were intended, I generally start with the first official document of our great country: The Declaration of Independance. Those words ring as loud and clear today as they did then, and upon signing this paper, the signatories sealed their own fate. As it worked out, through Divine providence or whatever twist of fate, they were America's founders, but they could have been a footnote on colonial rebellion and they didn't know that with any certainty their endeavor would be fruitful- they accepted that freedom and representation is of sufficient value to risk death or imprisonent--why shouldn't the govt representatives today be held to the same standard. that's all i meant.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Admittedly, I don't have the highest level of understanding regarding history, it is limited. However, though limited, it isnt defunct. In consideration of American values, as they were intended, I generally start with the first official document of our great country: The Declaration of Independance. Those words ring as loud and clear today as they did then, and upon signing this paper, the signatories sealed their own fate. As it worked out, through Divine providence or whatever twist of fate, they were America's founders, but they could have been a footnote on colonial rebellion and they didn't know that with any certainty their endeavor would be fruitful- they accepted that freedom and representation is of sufficient value to risk death or imprisonent--why shouldn't the govt representatives today be held to the same standard. that's all i meant.
    From whom should our present day politico's revolt? And what makes you think they would not if equivalent threats were made against them? In this case these lower level politico's had no provision for protection other than what they could provide for themselves and many of them are quite middle class and cannot afford personal protection. Our founders were EVERY one rich_white_men that could afford all the protection they wanted. In addition, they were already in immediate control of significant military resourses. We can bicker back and forth all you like in this respect but your assumptions continue to be completely wrong.

Psychoblues
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 01-14-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spellinf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Our founders were EVERY one rich_white_men that could afford all the protection they wanted.
    They were all wealthy, eh? Wrong again. Here's a quick list:

John Adams
    Samuel Adams
    Josiah Bartlett
    Carter Braxton
    Charles Carroll
    Samuel Chase
    Abraham Clark
    George Clymer
    William Ellery
    William Floyd
    Benjamin Franklin
    Elbridge Gerry
    Button Gwinnett
    John Hancock
    Lyman Hall
    Benjamin Harrison
    John Hart
    Joseph Hewes
    Thomas Heyward, Jr.
    William Hooper
    Stephen Hopkins
    Francis Hopkinson
    Samuel Huntington
    Thomas Jefferson
    Francis Lightfoot Lee
    Richard Henry Lee
    Francis Lewis
    Philip Livingston
    Thomas Lynch, Jr.
    Thomas McKean
    Arthur Middleton
    Lewis Morris
    Robert Morris
    John Morton
    Thomas Nelson, Jr.
    William Paca
    Robert Treat Paine
    John Penn
    George Read
    Caesar Rodney
    George Ross
    Benjamin Rush
    Edward Rutledge
    Roger Sherman
    James Smith
    Richard Stockton
    Thomas Stone
    George Taylor
    Charles Thomson
    Matthew Thornton
    George Walton
    William Whipple
    William Williams
    James Wilson
    John Witherspoon
    Oliver Wolcott
    George Wythe
    Abraham Baldwin
    Richard Bassett
    Gunning Bedford, Jr.
    John Blair
    William Blount
    David Brearly
    Jacob Broom
    Pierce Butler
    Daniel Carroll
    George Clymer
    Jonathan Dayton
    John Dickinson
    William Few
    Thomas Fitzsimons
    Benjamin Franklin
    Nicholas Gilman
    Nathaniel Gorham
    Alexander Hamilton
    Jared Ingersoll
    William Jackson
    Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer
    William Samuel Johnson
    Rufus King
    John Langdon
    William Livingston
    James Madison
    James McHenry
    Thomas Mifflin
    Gouverneur Morris
    Robert Morris
    William Paterson
    Charles Cotesworth Pinckney
    Charles Pinckney
    George Read
    John Rutledge
    Roger Sherman
    Richard Dobbs Spaight
    George Washington
    Hugh Williamson
    James Wilson
    William Richardson Davie
    Oliver Ellsworth
    William Houston
    William Houstoun
    John Lansing, Jr.
    Alexander Martin
    Luther Martin
    James McClurg
    John Francis Mercer
    William Pierce
    Caleb Strong
    George Wythe
    Robert Yates
    Elbridge Gerry
    George Mason
    Edmund Randolph

They were not all wealthy, want to take another shot at it, Sport?

In addition, they were already in immediate control of significant military resourses. We can bicker back and forth all you like in this respect but your assumptions continue to be completely wrong.

Psychoblues
    LOL, they were, were they? What kind of significant military resources did each one of those Founding Fathers listed above command?

Your command of history and willingness to continue to assert asinine half-baked thoughts as fact is laughable. You are a fool, and demonstrate it further with every post you make.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

logroller, here is a link to information about the founders and the Declaration of Independence. I think you will find it surprising and enlightening. There are a number of links from this one but you can get the overall gist with this one. Most of the other links are simply verifying where the information comes from although sometimes the links go a long way towards additional clarification.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...f_Independence

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Wow, quite the Wikipedia education today. We are all so much the smarter for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, quite the Wikipedia education today. We are all so much the smarter for it.
    fj, are you trying to be cute or are you always shitting out your mouth? I often advise people with whom I am speaking to get an education, buy a few books, go to the library, etc. I now believe simply linking them to a trustworthy encyclopedic resourse that will give them fantastic information on a Cliff's Notes version and link on to hundreds more sites, articles, etc. can share much more information about the topic in a much more comprehensive way. It may also encourage additional competent conversation coming from all sides of the issue at hand or lead to another topic for which we might want to engage in gentlemanly disagreement. It beats watching you throw shit at the wall and licking your fingers.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

fj, are you trying to be cute or are you always shitting out your mouth? I often advise people with whom I am speaking to get an education, buy a few books, go to the library, etc. I now believe simply linking them to a trustworthy encyclopedic resourse that will give them fantastic information on a Cliff's Notes version and link on to hundreds more sites, articles, etc. can share much more information about the topic in a much more comprehensive way. It may also encourage additional competent conversation coming from all sides of the issue at hand or lead to another topic for which we might want to engage in gentlemanly disagreement. It beats watching you throw shit at the wall and licking your fingers.

Psychoblues
    I'm trying to come up with new ways to engage you in intelligent debate. My original way wasn't working so I'm now trying to lower myself to your level, perhaps you can raise up to mine by brushing up on the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm trying to come up with new ways to engage you in intelligent debate. My original way wasn't working so I'm now trying to lower myself to your level, perhaps you can raise up to mine by brushing up on the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method
    The Socratic Method is a wonderful way of debate in a different venue. It's pretty useless in this one as there is little actual debate here at all. Take yourself for instance. You're still chunking shit and licking your fingers. I just don't associate that with the Socratic Method.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

The Socratic Method is a wonderful way of debate in a different venue. It's pretty useless in this one as there is little actual debate here at all. Take yourself for instance. You're still chunking shit and licking your fingers. I just don't associate that with the Socratic Method.

Psychoblues
    I guess I was too subtle and nuanced for ya.