Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    The problem with the political cartoon is that it is making the wrong assumption about the cause of all of this. It's not Radical Islam, it's degradation in these countries whose leaders have been in power for decades and have done nothing to try and stop it. They continue to enjoy wealth and prosperity, while the standards of living of their citizenry fall. Poverty, unemployment, and starvation create and environment for rebellion and/or a ripe opportunity for those seeking power to grab it by pandering to the emotions of the people. In the ME case, it's Radical Islam.
    I'm one that would contend that's a circular argument.
    "The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid." - G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    What would success be for Egypt? And if he's not to blame for the last 3 decades then who/what is?
    better economy, more money for the people, you will be shocked if you knew how much some people get paid as a salary here.

do you know that about 50-60% of egyptians are considered below the poverty line ?

do you know that average income per year in egypt is about 300-600$

some studies exaggerate and say that the average income in egypt is about 1000-2000$ per year, but even if its like that, do you imagine how can they live with such amount of money ?

about 10% of the people have no jobs.

about 30-40% of the youth cant afford to buy a place of his own or marry.

if you look at the salary i will get as telecom engineer when i graduate, its about 200-500$ per month

the best salary i can get as a start will never exceed 700$ (even that salary as a start is just a dream to me).

some workers in egypt get paid 50-100$ per month, how do you expect people to live with that money ???

i just want to tell you all that Radical Islam has nothing to do at all with the revolution, although egyptians are one of the most religious people in the world, but we are not radical at all, the revolution is caused by hunger, opression and despair.

i will say that a prsident is successful when he raise the standards of living in egypt, when the minimum salary in egypt is at least 1500 LE which is equal to about 300$ per month, thats all what the egyptians are asking for, only 300$ per month as a minimum salary in any job, is that too much ?
    Last edited by abso; 02-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    The last thing Israel wants to do is invade Egypt, Abso. You know that.

Troop buildups in the Sinai have led to bloodshed every time in the past - the wise thing to do is not create more trouble over there by injecting a threatening military presence when historically it was a precursor to an armed conflict involving all the regional players.

Besides, if anyone truly wanted to invade Egypt, right now would be the time to strike while the country is in chaos and that hasn't happened.
    its not about the threat of invasion NT, its about dignity, my dignity as an egptian tells me that i must have the right to move my troops as i want withing my borders, Egypt hasnever been an aggressive country, you can revise the egyptian history since the pharaohs, egypt never been an aggressive country with any colonial aspirations.

its just about the principle, but about a future war between egypt and israel, we both know that this wont happen, USA will never allow that to happen, as both Egypt and Israel are american allies in the region, and USA doesnt want to lose either one so it wont allow one of them to attack the other.

so i believe that Egypt has the right to move its troops freely, thats all.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    better economy, more money for the people, you will be shocked if you knew how much some people get paid as a salary here.

do you know that about 50-60% of egyptians are considered below the poverty line ?

do you know that average income per year in egypt is about 300-600$

some studies exaggerate and say that the average income in egypt is about 1000-2000$ per year, but even if its like that, do you imagine how can they live with such amount of money ?

about 10% of the people have no jobs.

about 30-40% of the youth cant afford to buy a place of his own or marry.

if you look at the salary i will get as telecom engineer when i graduate, its about 200-500$ per month

the best salary i can get as a start will never exceed 700$ (even that salary as a start is just a dream to me).

some workers in egypt get paid 50-100$ per month, how do you expect people to live with that money ???

i just want to tell you all that Radical Islam has nothing to do at all with the revolution, although egyptians are one of the most religious people in the world, but we are not radical at all, the revolution is caused by hunger, opression and despair.

i will say that a prsident is successful when he raise the standards of living in egypt, when the minimum salary in egypt is at least 1500 LE which is equal to about 300$ per month, thats all what the egyptians are asking for, only 300$ per month as a minimum salary in any job, is that too much ?
    It doesn't really shock me although I did check CIA Factbook earlier and it overstates compared to the numbers you're talking about.

In my view government is the ultimate source of whether a people is successful or not and in the case of Mubarak I don't see how you can give him a pass for his time in power. It also seems that very few Muslim countries do well in this regard. I am hoping that what ultimately comes about for you is a government that will back economic reforms that increase your economic freedoms; I think that is even more important than a voice in a democracy. Let's not forget that Mugabe was democratically elected in Zimbabwe.

It's a shame with all the resources that Egypt has that the people have not shared in that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    It doesn't really shock me although I did check CIA Factbook earlier and it overstates compared to the numbers you're talking about.

In my view government is the ultimate source of whether a people is successful or not and in the case of Mubarak I don't see how you can give him a pass for his time in power. It also seems that very few Muslim countries do well in this regard. I am hoping that what ultimately comes about for you is a government that will back economic reforms that increase your economic freedoms; I think that is even more important than a voice in a democracy. Let's not forget that Mugabe was democratically elected in Zimbabwe.

It's a shame with all the resources that Egypt has that the people have not shared in that.
    thats exactly what i said, that he failed

he had 30 years to raise the income of his people but he failed, the people only got more and more poor, i may not be poor, but compared to the average income in USA even me are considered poor.

many of the policies needs to be changed, we need to have more industry, we need to stop importing wheat and start producing it, we need to start producing our own weapons instead of spending billions for buying them, we need to start producing alot of things that we import, we need to have more exports than imports, Mubarak had 30 years to do that but he failed.

the economy of egypt is in constant drowning status,
    30 years ago ---> 1 EGP = 2.5$
    20 years ago ---> 1 EGP = 1.2$,
    10 years ago ---> 1 EGP = 0.3$
    today ---> 1 EGP = 0.17$

i hope that the coming president will lead the country to a new era, era of prosperity, prosperity for all its people not for its businessmen only.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastom View Post
    I'm one that would contend that's a circular argument.
    Touche!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    i hope that the coming president will lead the country to a new era, era of prosperity, prosperity for all its people not for its businessmen only.
    There is only one path for that and anything short of economic freedom will be another lost opportunity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TM_kdOikaUc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TM_kdOikaUc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Hired thugs and former criminals reported in Pro Mubrarak supporters
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TM_kdOikaUc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TM_kdOikaUc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Hired thugs and former criminals reported in Pro Mubrarak supporters
    Seems Obama is spreading the Chicago way of doing things all around the world

Next up, Black Panther poll watchers and SCIU security forces

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    The problem with the political cartoon is that it is making the wrong assumption about the cause of all of this. It's not Radical Islam, it's degradation in these countries whose leaders have been in power for decades and have done nothing to try and stop it. They continue to enjoy wealth and prosperity, while the standards of living of their citizenry fall. Poverty, unemployment, and starvation create and environment for rebellion and/or a ripe opportunity for those seeking power to grab it by pandering to the emotions of the people. In the ME case, it's Radical Islam.
    yes it is Radical Islam. they've been there for years. they're waiting for the chicken to die so they can pick its neck clean. the terrorists are there. throwing gas on a burning fire. wouldn't you ???

[YOUTUBE]aWcKewmyh_o[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OU6SY6VrwY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Report of Police brutality before riots People in Fear of Police. Some few brave citizens take police to court.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7vwdIsXc4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another spark
    Khaled Said died after police dragged him out of an internet cafe in Alexandria on June 6 2010 -- a fatality that has since become a lightning rod for human rights activists.
    Witnesses said two plainclothes police officers beat Said, 28, to death. Egyptian authorities said he died from asphyxiation after he swallowed a packet of drugs.
    A photograph of his pummeled face is on a Facebook page devoted to him.
    The circumstances behind Said's death are unclear. Police say he was wanted for theft and weapons possession and that he resisted arrest. Supporters say he was targeted for trying to expose official corruption. The government says it is still investigating the death.
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-05-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OU6SY6VrwY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Report of Police brutality before riots People in Fear of Police. Some few brave citizens take police to court.
    and like in Chicago, a few might live to testify in court

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is the thrill really gone? Will PB now call Chris a hate filled racist? Will Obama publicly call for people not to watch MSNBC

Who gives a damn?

Could it be? Is there something here that both Chris Matthews and Glenn Beck might actually agree on?

In covering the unrest in Egypt all week, Glenn has repeated a number of times that the United States has not managed its relationship with Egypt in an honorable way, first throwing our support behind Mubarak — a dictator for nearly three decades — and now quickly abandoning that relationship as the Mubarak regime crumbles under public pressure.

During a Friday appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Matthews admitted that while he normally supports President Barack Obama, he feels “ashamed as an American” over how the federal government has handled the unfolding crisis in Egypt.

“We’re not handling [the situation] as Americans should handle a matter like this,” Matthews said. “And Barack Obama, as much as I support him in many ways, there is a transactional quality to the guy that is chilling.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/matt...yptian-crisis/

Ronald Reagan