Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Personally, I really want to do my part to help reduce global warming. I have stopped flying my personal jet to and from work, I build smaller camp fires at my pond where we fish on Friday nights, I don't idle my big nasty tractor trailer unless it's really hot and I want to learn how to wipe my butt with one sheet of toilet paper.

I just want Sheryl to film a short video demonstrating how this can be done. Just show me, am I using the wrong brand?
    She only uses one sheet, but because she's important, it's the size of a beach towel.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Seriously, I laughed my butt off the couch on that one, Dilloduck!!!!

It was GREAT satire!!!!!!! Now, what do we do about OUR environment? Laughing isn't getting anything done, don't you know?

Actually Psycho, I have noticed that you seem to be laughing alot lately. You do realize that hard laughter does release warm breath into the enviornment thereby lending to our serious global warming problem.

As a further observation I wopuld be curious to know if you have mastered the technique of the one sheet wipe as suggested by your coll....coleuge....colleg (how the fuck do you spell coleague anyway?) Sheryl Crow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    She only uses one sheet, but because she's important, it's the size of a beach towel.

Man, you be from Northern Iowa and that would be funny!

That makes me want to do a 360 in my private jet!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

emmett, at my age I carry toilet paper just for farts. Know what I mean?

Actually Psycho, I have noticed that you seem to be laughing alot lately. You do realize that hard laughter does release warm breath into the enviornment thereby lending to our serious global warming problem.

As a further observation I wopuld be curious to know if you have mastered the technique of the one sheet wipe as suggested by your coll....coleuge....colleg (how the fuck do you spell coleague anyway?) Sheryl Crow.
    I figure with some laughter the alcohol content of my breath will somewhat diffuse the CO2 emissions around me and the NOX releases from the CIA will be less forthcoming while the H2O fermented will diminish the effects of the BS as prescribed by the PTB's from the WH.

Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I figure with some laughter the alcohol content of my breath will somewhat diffuse the CO2 emissions around me and the NOX releases from the CIA will be less forthcoming while the H2O fermented will diminish the effects of the BS as prescribed by the PTB's from the WH.

Dig it?

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Colleague
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dig it?

Psycho, I don't care what they say about ya bud, your OK with me! I'm still laughing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I think I know why Lance called it quits.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think I know why Lance called it quits.
    Yeah but....He's going to miss out on all the moula from Sheryl's clothing line, made for GW..

You know....The blouse with the detachable napkin sleeve to wipe your mouth and nose on....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    My pleasure.

JULY 29, 2003

Senate Bows to Auto Industry, Bush Administration--Ditches Fuel Economy Improvements

WASHINGTON - July 29 - The Senate today gave the Bush Administration and auto industry increased power to hold up progress on fuel economy standards. The Sierra Club criticized the Senate for doing nothing to save consumers money at the pump, reduce America's oil dependence and reduce global warming pollution. Instead, Senators passed a sham amendment proposed by Senators Carl Levin (D-MI) and Kit Bond (R-MO).
    The Senate voted for the irresponsible Levin-Bond amendment, allowing the Bush Administration to deepen our oil dependence. The Senate failed to pass an amendment to significantly improve the fuel economy of cars and light trucks introduced by Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL).

"In handing our nation's energy security over to the auto industry, the Senate bowed to the pressure of the Bush Administration working in cahoots with the auto industry," said Daniel F. Becker, Director of Sierra Club's Global Warming and Energy Program.

The Levin-Bond amendment leaves the fuel economy and safety issue to the Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) without providing them with a target for oil savings. NHTSA has failed to effectively implement fuel economy regulations and enforce auto safety standards for the last 25 years. Indeed, average fuel economy of 2002 model year vehicles is the lowest since 1980. The Administration's close ties to the auto-industry, including Chief of Staff Andrew Card's previous position as chief lobbyist for General Motors, are further indications that NHTSA will do little to increase CAFE standards. The Bush Administration's recent announcement of a small 1.5 mpg increase in light truck fuel economy standards shows that it is not serious about cutting our oil use.

"The Senate ignored a chance to make real progress in reducing our oil dependence, saving consumers money, and cutting global warming pollution," said Gary Skulnik, Washington Representative on Sierra Club's Global Warming and Energy Program. "The American people demand better from our Senators than this irresponsible vote to elevate the auto industry's short-term interests over Americans' safety and energy security."
    http://www.commondreams.org/news2003/0730-05.htm
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The link is dead on and accepted, at least by me, as all that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Any disagreements? Not with the article, the author or the source, but with the facts?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You all want to answer my question....I asked earlier in this thread??

IF this was foreseen to be a catastrophic disaster for THE WORLD and our NATION..........

Why didn't Clinton-Gore do ANYTHING......in the time they were in the white house????

President Bush has only been in the white house six yrs..
    Let's see........Clinton-Gore was there for???

I didn't think so.......
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-08-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They did a lot. You are stupid and ignorant if you believe otherwise. I'm not going to do your research for your sillyass theory for you.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    You all want to answer my question....I asked earlier in this thread??

IF this was foreseen to be a catastrophic disaster for THE WORLD and our NATION..........

Why didn't Clinton-Gore do ANYTHING......in the time they were in the white house????

I didn't think so.......
    Get back to the Lounge and get another Cape Cod, Staphy!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They did a lot. You are stupid and ignorant if you believe otherwise. I'm not going to do your research for your sillyass theory for you.

Get back to the Lounge and get another Cape Cod, Staphy!!!!!!
    You know......they did nothing......

That one threw you all for a loop eh???
    I love it...
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-08-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I repeat. They did enormous, for the times, good for the environment. Your argument and inclination is ignorant on it's premise and silly on it's projection.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    You know......they did nothing......

That one threw you all for a loop eh???
    I love it...
    Care to have a drink and take a break? C U in the Lounge!!!!!!!