Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    You should try to ride knowing that NOBODY sees you and will pull out in front of you, pull into your lane and open their door into you once they park. A helmet isn't enough. Gloves, leathers and boots should be your outer skin unless scar tissue is attractive to you. You can be in the right all the time and still get into a life threatening accident at the blink of an eye. Entering a turn you aren't familiar with at high speed could have a surprise right in the middle of it.....wet or sand/gravel.....there is a lot to pay attention to that is very unforgiving when on 2 wheels, take it slow.
    I know, I'm carefull. Especially with my dad riding behind giving me hell everytime we stop if I do anything not just right. He wont let me ride alone except around the subdivision yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gloves, leathers and boots should be your outer skin unless scar tissue is attractive to you.
    Need some $ first. That stuff costs money and I don't have any.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    You should try to ride knowing that NOBODY sees you and will pull out in front of you, pull into your lane and open their door into you once they park. A helmet isn't enough. Gloves, leathers and boots should be your outer skin unless scar tissue is attractive to you. You can be in the right all the time and still get into a life threatening accident at the blink of an eye. Entering a turn you aren't familiar with at high speed could have a surprise right in the middle of it.....wet or sand/gravel.....there is a lot to pay attention to that is very unforgiving when on 2 wheels, take it slow.
    Yep. Rounded a curve on a country road at 35 mph...pot hole...couldn't avoid it...lost control..amazing how fast 35 mph is when you have no control...front wheel shaking left to right...relaxed my grip...lucky the momentum and physics restored order. ALL IN ABOUT 3 SECONDS.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 05-20-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bikes too small. I need a bigger one. It wouldn't go faster then 55 when I took it out today.