Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Why, what are google going to do to you if you don't use their search engine?
    they are hard to avoid noir.

It's possible to use other search engines I do that ..

It's like they've created a superhigh of info where there had been mostly local roads. all locol roads connect to it or trough it.

It's fine that they own the road they built but to ask where I'm going what kind of car i'm driving, who's with me, and what I'm carrying is more than i really want to them know or they need to know to do maintain a good road. So for personal trips i avoid it.

Now the thing is MOST commerce can't afford to stay off the road. so if you have a biz large or small you are practically compelled to use there road. AND other services that let them know your customers, pricing and more.

They are not a monopoly just the giant in the room, and they set terms for there benefit rather than maximizing benefits and completely respecting the customers like they might have to if there was real competition.

You seem fine with all of that , we don't agree here, no problem.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    they are hard to avoid noir.

It's possible to use other search engines I do that ..

It's like they've created a superhigh of info where there had been mostly local roads. all locol roads connect to it or trough it.

It's fine that they own the road they built but to ask where I'm going what kind of car i'm driving, who's with me, and what I'm carrying is more than i really want to them know or they need to know to do maintain a good road. So for personal trips i avoid it.

Now the thing is MOST commerce can't afford to stay off the road. so if you have a biz large or small you are practically compelled to use there road. AND other services that let them know your customers, pricing and more.

They are not a monopoly just the giant in the room, and they set terms for there benefit rather than maximizing benefits and completely respecting the customers like they might have to if there was real competition.

You seem fine with all of that , we don't agree here, no problem.
    Bing is also a giant, as is yahoo, as is Alta vista, Alexa, gigablast, lycos...the list goes on.
    There are A LOT of highways to chose from.
    Last edited by Noir; 02-18-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Bing is also a giant, as is yahoo, as is Alta vista, Alexa, gigablast, lycos...the list goes on.
    There are A LOT of highways to chose from.
    There are even search engines that donate to charity every time you search. This feeling that it's Google or nothing, is wrong/laziness.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Is there a law that says they can't? If you don't like it, stop using their product. It's as extremely simple as that.

No shit? Hey, thanks for pointing that out. That course of action never occurred to me.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No shit? Hey, thanks for pointing that out. That course of action never occurred to me.

Well, in fairness, you were the one who said it's a search engine and browser you use.
    If it's so obvious and so important to you, you wouldn't use it =/
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

If you'll look back in one of the first posts here, Noir, I already said that.

I don't have another Captain Obvious pic for you, that was the only one I have on hand. You'll have to share Pete's, I guess.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    If you'll look back in one of the first posts here, Noir, I already said that.

I don't have another Captain Obvious pic for you, that was the only one I have on hand. You'll have to share Pete's, I guess.
    That was days ago, it'd take you two minutes to find a new engine and browser.
    Just sayin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can actually delete and disable your web history in Google....

Here's the link....

https://www.google.com/accounts/Dele...e?service=hist
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Butt...butt...butt, Google gets me the best pRon!!!!!
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

You will respect my atoritay!- ConHog aka Cartman