Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default 3 reasons to be wary of Google

Interesting bits of info... too comfy with MoveOn and Soros for my taste, I think I'm going to start looking for another search engine & browser.

Part 1
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4542197&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Part 2 :
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4542198&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It's all part of where we are going, as a society, and it's all but inevitable.
    As for Glen, all he had to do is not agree to any ToCs from google, and get his friends to do the same, and alls fine :3

Personally I know that they know where I am, but they are providing me a service. Only the other day I was in 3 towns/cities I'd never been in before, and in each I was able to find the cafes, bus stops and train stations I needed without a moments worry. Sure google and apple knew where i was all day to within a metre, but Id rather that, than be lost, as I would of been.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It's all part of where we are going, as a society, and it's all but inevitable.
    As for Glen, all he had to do is not agree to any ToCs from google, and get his friends to do the same, and alls fine :3

Personally I know that they know where I am, but they are providing me a service. Only the other day I was in 3 towns/cities I'd never been in before, and in each I was able to find the cafes, bus stops and train stations I needed without a moments worry. Sure google and apple knew where i was all day to within a metre, but Id rather that, than be lost, as I would of been.
    I don't have a problem with them knowing where I am & what I'm using... I understand the technology used, there's no worries there.

It's the points he made regarding Google personnel being involved (in fact, organizing) in overthrowing governments and having top echelon people in Google working closely with Soros and giving money to entities like MoveOn.

What business does the search engine & browser I use have in revolutions?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I don't have a problem with them knowing where I am & what I'm using... I understand the technology used, there's no worries there.

It's the points he made regarding Google personnel being involved (in fact, organizing) in overthrowing governments and having top echelon people in Google working closely with Soros and giving money to entities like MoveOn.

The same business as anything, tis part of the global world we live in, it doesn't really matter what you believe a company should or should not do, people will act on your behalf in their interests, invest in others who will invest in other etc. It's nothing personal and nothing unique to google.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

DO I have to say anything.

Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc.

Beck is playing to the right and the left plays to it's audience but
    microsoft and Google both enjoy very cozy relations with the gov't no mater which party is in power. they both empower themselves and the gov't over the peoples rights.

How does the 4th amendment work when goggle is tracking ALL of your biz.

anyway don't get me started.

A few people are crying in the wilderness on this issue so it looks like most are going to lay down to this level of Big brother and the next level and the next. trusting big bro cause he's well run and efficient. like in China where google turned in anti commie protest leaders.

Anyhow
    http://startpage.com/
    no track searching.
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-17-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'll mention this to. A former computer programmer who now owns my car repair shop told me that when you have a google page open that it is reading your history and any other open browser windows you have.

I've seen report on how if you have your microphone on that google is also listening , recording and trying to see if you have the tv or radio on in the background . it you do it trys to determine the station and tv program and them feed you info based on the show and it's target adv.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

The same business as anything, tis part of the global world we live in, it doesn't really matter what you believe a company should or should not do, people will act on your behalf in their interests, invest in others who will invest in other etc. It's nothing personal and nothing unique to google.

I haven't heard of ANY other public company directly involved in the revolutions taking place.

And my Cell Phone company or Dodge or the company I work for certainly aren't engaging in such activities.

Government overthrows aside, giving millions to radical Moonbat groups is indeed Google's decision, but there will be backlash over it now that it's out in the open, and I'm all for the repercussions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I stopped using Google a long time ago, when I saw their left-tendencies. I let my fingers do the walking, as they used to say.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

"Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc."

As long as people are happy to tick the 'I agree' on the T&C forms then everyone is being tracked/recorded etc with their permission.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

"Noir you seem happily resigned to the "nearly inevitable" fate of everyones being track recorded numbered etc.. by Big Gov't and big Inc."

As long as people are happy to tick the 'I agree' on the T&C forms then everyone is being tracked/recorded etc with their permission.
    is there an opt out to click?
    Not really a choice if the only option is to agree or don't use the product.

AND is there really a very clear announcement of the level of tracking and who your info is going to.
    Could I get a record if i asked?
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-17-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    is there an opt out to click?
    Not really a choice if the only option is to agree or don't use the product.

AND is there really a very clear announcement of the level of tracking and who your info is going to.
    Could I get a record if i asked?
    Either you agree to the T&Cs and can use the service.
    Or you don't, in which case you wouldn't want to use the service.
    That is your choice,
    It's quite simple.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Either you agree to the T&Cs and can use the service.
    Or you don't, in which case you wouldn't want to use the service.
    That is your choice,
    It's quite simple.
    And the Mafia gives you a choice of paying for protection or not.

Aaa it's your choys ere' . so whayagonna do?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    And the Mafia gives you a choice of paying for protection or not.

Aaa it's your choys ere' . so whayagonna do?
    Why, what are google going to do to you if you don't use their search engine?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Is there a law that says they can't? If you don't like it, stop using their product. It's as extremely simple as that.