Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about removing the taxes that comprise most of the cost of a gallon of gas?
    By most of the cost you mean 10%. In my state it is 18 cents fed, 18 cents state and sales tax.

And regular is $3.69

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You aren't even taking this discussion SERIOUSLY now. C'mon. At least be intellectually HONEST.
    Taxes on gas are for the most part specific to the county, state, and region from where the gas is pumped. This is the reason for the wide variation in gas prices across the country. These taxes are usually directed for road repair and projects. Given the traffic situation in most cities and the quality of roads, and given the absence of forced flex-time or other alternatives, I'm all for anything that eases transportation problems.

Let's not forget here that oil prices are dropping while gasoline prices are rising. Somewhere within the 400 million dollar retirement package for Exxon's CEO, they couldn't find a budget line to create more refining capability in the U.S. Oil is not the problem, refined oil into gasoline is the issue at hand--so is price gouging. The American and British oil conglomerates have a near monopoly on the world's refined oil market. Notice that at any corner you go to, there are usually at least 2 gas stations--the prices never have a larger variance then +/- 3 cents. They could choose to construct more facilities to match the demand--they simply don't. Why? Because low supply plus high demand = extraordinary profits = increased stock price = millions of dollars for senior executives who own stock options.

Of course, the oil conglomerates wouldn't have been able to wield so much power if the demand for refined oil were not so great. For some who argue that the technology for non fuel-combustion-driven cars is way off, watch "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

You will see that the fossil-fuel industry, was scared straight by a mass produced affordable car that didn't need a drop of gasoline. They and the auto industry itself (didn't want to be told what to produce) quickly destroyed the best idea GM ever had.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zefrendylia View Post
    Taxes on gas are for the most part specific to the county, state, and region from where the gas is pumped. blah-blah-blah-blah-banter-rant...

I was speaking of taxes 'in general'
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zefrendylia View Post
    Let's not forget here that oil prices are dropping while gasoline prices are rising. Somewhere within the 400 million dollar retirement package for Exxon's CEO, they couldn't find a budget line to create more refining capability in the U.S. Oil is not the problem, refined oil into gasoline is the issue at hand--so is price gouging.

From my understanding, Leftists Environmental Bitches are what's holding up the creation of more refineries. Am I wrong?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Well, I'll be intellectually honest:

The Bush faction of the GOP is not only allowing Big Oil to gouge consumers; they're helping. Remember Cheney's secret "energy meetings?" You don't really think that those were intended for your and my benefit. C'mon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From my understanding, Leftists Environmental Bitches are what's holding up the creation of more refineries. Am I wrong?
    can't build a refinery in California....i think it has something like 20 years....environmental restrictions keep increasing but refining capacity is stagnant.....so premium gas is a 3.75 as of this morning

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    It takes time to reverse the Republican policy blunders that created the problem. --There. See how easy it is to make pointless, partisan jabs?
    The blunder that created the high gas prices is from the Carter administration and its policies to make it so difficult to build a new refinery that we havent had one built in 30 years. Without new refineries we are working over capacity and one accident such as a fire last week can jump the price 10-15 cents.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, I'll go with: Clinton's fault for 9/11 actually lies on the Republicans for taking his attention away from national security matters with the fruitless impeachment proceedings

What's your next move manu1959?
    How can you claim that when Clinton's foreign policy is a direct result of Republicans in congress seeking impeachment? Do you honestly think he would have fired missles at Iraq or Aghanistan if he wasnt trying to distract people from his perversions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Well, I'll be intellectually honest:

The Bush faction of the GOP is not only allowing Big Oil to gouge consumers; they're helping. Remember Cheney's secret "energy meetings?" You don't really think that those were intended for your and my benefit. C'mon.
    Now why on earth would the Bush administration meet with energy officials to help develop energy policy? Could it possibly be because they actually want to talk to people who know something about energy rather than idiots?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    By most of the cost you mean 10%. In my state it is 18 cents fed, 18 cents state and sales tax.

And regular is $3.69
    18 cents is the federal gasoline tax across the countries. its the states that are gouging with the other dollar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, he helped negotiate a peace in the Israeli/Palestine conflict as well as that eastern european conflict with the Muslims up there. He was doing pretty good until Somalia. That one stirred up a hornets nest there I tell ya what.
    seems that didn't work out too well either.......

The Middle East Peace Summit at Camp David of July 2000 took place between United States President Bill Clinton, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, and Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat. It was an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to negotiate a "final status settlement" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_2000_Summit

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    seems that didn't work out too well either.......

The Middle East Peace Summit at Camp David of July 2000 took place between United States President Bill Clinton, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, and Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat. It was an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to negotiate a "final status settlement" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_2000_Summit

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    considering that was in 2000 i think its difficult to argue that he was too distracted for foreign policy considering he worked on it for 8 years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    considering that was in 2000 i think its difficult to argue that he was too distracted for foreign policy considering he worked on it for 8 years.
    well....gettin a blow job while you are trying to work could affect your concentration....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    well....gettin a blow job while you are trying to work could affect your concentration....
    Actually, if his wife was doing her job, he would have been satisfied and wouldnt have to look elsewhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How dare you perpetuate half-truths and conjecture as 'fact'. You cannot HONESTLY say the GOP hasn't lowered taxes. It's impossible.
    I was replying to OCA's earlier post where he asked, "How about removing the taxes that comprise most of the cost of a gallon of gas?"

I then asked when the GOP ever did THAT, i.e., repeal gasoline taxes. Then you had the unmitigated gall to disparage my honesty. What you did was truly despicable.