Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Red you just gave me this idea.

Banker: You want answers?
    Revelarts : I think I'm entitled to them.
    Banker: You want answers?
    Revelarts: I want the truth!
    Banker: You can't handle the truth!
    Son, we live in a world that has banks. And those banks have to be guarded by men with prosecutorial immunity. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for drug addicts and former home owners and people that used to have retirement funds and you curse the banks. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that those billions in losses and destroyed financial futures, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that bank. You need me in that bank.
    We use words like derivatives, fractional reserve, capital, asset-backed securities, bonds, hedge funds, puts, Sipp, the term structure of interest rates, arbitrage-free pricing ...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent making money. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very financial system I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a WSJ and stand at the stock exchange. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Revelarts: Did you commit federal and state crimes of fraud? did you launder drug money?
    Banker: (quietly) I did the job I had to do.
    Revelarts: Did you commit federal and state crimes of fraud and manipulate markets? Did you launder drug money?
    Banker: ....the bottom line is you hate the banks, I'd like to see you get along without them... Now i'm going back to my office or my home in Caribbean maybe ...
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK rev you have made your position clear

While some on the left have an irrational hate for success (ie rich people) you have an irrational hate for banks

Someday you must share the secrets of your success as you must have paid cash for your house and cars. How you can live your life without a credit cards, checking, savings accounts, or a retirement account

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    OK rev you have made your position clear
    While some on the left have an irrational hate for success (ie rich people) you have an irrational hate for banks
    Someday you must share the secrets of your success as you must have paid cash for your house and cars. How you can live your life without a credit cards, checking, savings accounts, or a retirement account
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default An Survey of Bank Corruption

An Survey of Bank Corruption, the list only included stuff recent in 2012 not the settlements and convictions (mostly settlements so no one goes to jail) in the pass 2 years

Source: Max Keiser

Here are some recent improprieties by the big banks:

Laundering money for drug cartels. See this, this, this and this (indeed, drug dealers kept the banking system afloat during the depths of the 2008 financial crisis)

• Engaging in mafia-style big-rigging fraud against local governments. See this, this and this

• Shaving money off of virtually every pension transaction they handled over the course of decades, stealing collectively billions of dollars from pensions worldwide. Details here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here

• Pledging the same mortgage multiple times to different buyers. See this, this, this, this and this. This would be like selling your car, and collecting money from 10 different buyers for the same car

• Committing massive fraud in an $800 trillion dollar market which effects everything from mortgages, student loans, small business loans and city financing

• Pushing investments which they knew were terrible, and then betting against the same investments to make money for themselves. See this, this, this, this and this

• Engaging in unlawful “Wash Trades” to manipulate asset prices. See this, this and this

• Participating in various Ponzi schemes. See this, this and this

• Bribing and bullying ratings agencies to inflate ratings on their risky investments

The executives of the big banks invariably pretend that the hanky-panky was only committed by a couple of low-level rogue employees. But studies show that most of the fraud is committed by management.
    Indeed, one of the world’s top fraud experts – professor of law and economics, and former senior S&L regulator Bill Black – says that most financial fraud is “control fraud”, where the people who own the banks are the ones who implement systemic fraud. See this, this and this.
    But at least the big banks do good things for society, like loaning money to Main Street, right?
    Actually:

• The big banks have slashed lending since they were bailed out by taxpayers … while smaller banks have increased lending. See this, this and this

Last edited by revelarts; 11-24-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

rev. Where do you keep your money? If you try to convince the rest of us you NEVER use a bank for any reasons, other than to blast them. Then. You should be working feverishly to ARREST your Piggy Bank, where your savings, and all financial dealings today are nothing more than PORK products.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    rev. Where do you keep your money? If you try to convince the rest of us you NEVER use a bank for any reasons, other than to blast them. Then. You should be working feverishly to ARREST your Piggy Bank, where your savings, and all financial dealings today are nothing more than PORK products.
    local credit union

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    local credit union

Really? And, I guess you think Credit Unions have no support from the Banking Industry?

Hold on to your piggy bank. And keep fighting with reality. Where do you suppose Credit Unions get their supplies of Currency?
    Last edited by aboutime; 11-24-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Really? And, I guess you think Credit Unions have no support from the Banking Industry?

Hold on to your piggy bank. And keep fighting with reality. Where do you suppose Credit Unions get their supplies of Currency?
    We all get as far away from things we don't like/trust as possible. and trust God for the rest AT.

But do you approve of bankers Fraudulent handling of TRILLIONS of dollars and NEVER going to jail or being held accountable AT?

Or are you HAPPY with banks that do that. as long as your well earned gov't check clear every month?

If someone stole your neighbors car would you want the cops to look into it and catch the thief. even if the thief helped you buy your last car.

I don't understand your defense of the banks and questioning of me.
    seems to be theme around here.
    I point out a crimes, trillions stolen, people working with terrorist, lying politicians , rapist military men, corrupt police etc.
    and people want to question my motives and such? And assume I HATE whole systems rather than just want to clear out the crooks and get back to the constitution.
    You should be joining me the bringing light to crimes.

So who's got the problem here AT?
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-24-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

We all get as far away from things we don't like/trust as possible. and trust God for the rest AT.

But do you approve of bankers Fraudulent handling of TRILLIONS of dollars and NEVER going to jail or being held accountable AT?

Or are you HAPPY with banks that do that. as long as your well earned gov't check clear every month?

If someone stole your neighbors car would you want the cops to look into it and catch the thief. even if the thief helped you buy your last car.

I don't understand your defense of the banks and questioning of me.
    seems to be theme around here.
    I point out a crimes, trillions stolen, people working with terrorist, lying politicians , rapist military men, corrupt police etc.
    and people want to question my motives and such? And assume I HATE whole systems rather than just want to clear out the crooks and get back to the constitution.
    You should be joining me the bringing light to crimes.

So who's got the problem here AT?

rev. You are actually guilty of following the rule about ASSUME here.

Show me anywhere, at any time where I said any of the things you claimed above.

You ASSUME because I am not agreeing with you that you can say I approve of any of the things you stated?

That's a pretty liberal, tired, foolish assumption you feel so comfortable spreading around here.

Show me where I said any of what you claim.

And stop playing the "I'm smarter than everyone else" assumption games. It makes you look even more foolish.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

rev. You are actually guilty of following the rule about ASSUME here.

Show me anywhere, at any time where I said any of the things you claimed above.

You ASSUME because I am not agreeing with you that you can say I approve of any of the things you stated?

That's a pretty liberal, tired, foolish assumption you feel so comfortable spreading around here.

Show me where I said any of what you claim.

And stop playing the "I'm smarter than everyone else" assumption games. It makes you look even more foolish.
    Ok so show me where you condemn the banks criminal actions.
    Or where you say that my condemnation is justified in any way AT.
    At that point i might have a reason to think otherwise, until then all i've got to go on is your jabs at me, CONTINUED IN THIS LAST POST rather than any criticism of any bank's crimes here AT.

i'd loved to hear you're criticism against any bank's crimes AT. go for it.
    But i suspect some other post about how terrible i person am is probably due before we see anything about the Banks bringing the earth to near financial collapse or stealing trillions being a problem.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-24-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Ok so show me where you condemn the banks criminal actions.
    Or where you say that my condemnation is justified in any way AT.
    At that point i might have a reason to think otherwise, until then all i've got to go on is your jabs at me, CONTINUED IN THIS LAST POST rather than any criticism of any bank's crimes here AT.

i'd loved to hear you're criticism against any bank's crimes AT. go for it.
    But i suspect some other post about how terrible i person am is probably due before we see anything about the Banks bringing the earth to near financial collapse or stealing trillions being a problem.

Gotta refer you to my first post. Otherwise. Arguing with you is foolish, and will never make any sense.

Say whatever you want. I really don't care. Nothing I say will ever please, or satisfy your ASSUMPTIONS.
    So, this is for them.