Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'm guessing a movie about general regulatory incompetence and Fed based inflation wouldn't sell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    I'm guessing a movie about general regulatory incompetence and Fed based inflation wouldn't sell.
    Would sell with me but only if you showed the wall st crooks too.
    To many people in left right tribes if the facts attacks part of the other tribe it will sell.
    But the thing is FJ, Wall st has bought, used, stacked and managed to dodged the few good keystone cops available. And the Fed is a bank in on the take.
    Wall st is control, even pushed the newspapers there way.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a-1zYibGUDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-jail-20110216
    Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?
    Financial crooks brought down the world's economy
    — but the feds are doing more to protect them than to prosecute them

Matt Taibbi
    February 16, 2011 9:00 AM ET

Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.

"Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that."

I put down my notebook. "Just that?"

"That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there."

Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.

This article appears in the March 3, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone. The issue is available now on newsstands and will appear in the online archive February 18.

The rest of them, all of them, got off. Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief Dick "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars.

Invasion of the Home Snatchers

Instead, federal regulators and prosecutors have let the banks and finance companies that tried to burn the world economy to the ground get off with carefully orchestrated settlements — whitewash jobs that involve the firms paying pathetically small fines without even being required to admit wrongdoing. To add insult to injury, the people who actually committed the crimes almost never pay the fines themselves; banks caught defrauding their shareholders often use shareholder money to foot the tab of justice. "If the allegations in these settlements are true," says Jed Rakoff, a federal judge in the Southern District of New York, "it's management buying its way off cheap, from the pockets of their victims."

Taibblog: Commentary on politics and the economy by Matt Taibbi

To understand the significance of this, one has to think carefully about the efficacy of fines as a punishment for a defendant pool that includes the richest people on earth — people who simply get their companies to pay their fines for them. Conversely, one has to consider the powerful deterrent to further wrongdoing that the state is missing by not introducing this particular class of people to the experience of incarceration. "You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street," says a former congressional aide. "That's all it would take. Just once."

But that hasn't happened. Because the entire system set up to monitor and regulate Wall Street is fucked up.

Just ask the people who tried to do the right thing....
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Would sell with me but only if you showed the wall st crooks too.
    To many people in left right tribes if the facts attacks part of the other tribe it will sell.
    But the thing is FJ, Wall st has bought, used, stacked and managed to dodged the few good keystone cops available. And the Fed is a bank in on the take.
    Wall st is control, even pushed the newspapers there way.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-jail-20110216
    Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?
    Financial crooks brought down the world's economy
    — but the feds are doing more to protect them than to prosecute them
    There you go; assume corruption, find "evidence" to support your assumption, hence assumption was correct.

There are crooks everywhere, finding some doesn't prove systemic corruption. I'm obviously more on the systemic incompetence side of things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still upset I was slowly dismantling your Psychology of money and taxation thread eh?
    You couldn't dismantle a Lego robot if you had a full-color set of illustrated directions, kid.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    You couldn't dismantle a Lego robot if you had a full-color set of illustrated directions, kid.
    That's why you completely abandoned defense of it? Keep trollin' brother.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's why you completely abandoned defense of it?
    It would follow: there was no need.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

It would follow: there was no need.
    Anyway... When was the last time one of your posts exceeded three sentences?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyway... When was the last time one of your posts exceeded three sentences?
    Why should I use 4 sentences if 1 gets my point across just as well?
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Why should I use 4 sentences if 1 gets my point across just as well?
    Agreed if your point is :Imatroll: Maybe Jim has a smilie for that, it would save you valuable internets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed if your point is :Imatroll: Maybe Jim has a smilie for that, it would save you valuable internets.
    You're sinking below even your own low standards, kid. Keep it up and one of the oldtimers may adopt you as a pet.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

You're sinking below even your own low standards, kid. Keep it up and one of the oldtimers may adopt you as a pet.
    You're right, you are a low standard. When are you going to put me back on ignore?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're right, you are a low standard. When are you going to put me back on ignore?
    Why bother? You can just keep whining to the mods to pull me off the threads you troll on.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Why bother? You can just keep whining to the mods to pull me off the threads you troll on.
    That would imply I've done that before. Clearly a falsehood to which you're no stranger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would imply I've done that before. Clearly a falsehood to which you're no stranger.
    Clearly? With only your word to go on? Yeah, right.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Clearly? With only your word to go on? Yeah, right.
    Ask any and all mods if your baseless charge has any merit. Unless you have some evidence to produce that would back your baseless charge. I await your submitting of evidence.