Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    Over selling a government spending program to dole out unnecessary funding to political supporters?

Ever hear of under promise over deliver? They either lied or are utterly incompetent in the ways of economic forecasting. Which do you prefer?
    Having only been in office for a very short time at that forecast it is understandable that the entire administration underestimated the degree to which the previous administration had destroyed the economy for YEARS to come.

I thought better of you than all that, fj. Hell, I was just bragging about the very good debates that you and logroller tend to have most of the time!!! To be honest, usually when I am talking to either of you and the other comes in I get myself some popcorn and a Dr. Pepper and enjoy the learning experience for me!!

Neither of your choices would reflect truth in any consideration of the facts.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Having only been in office for a very short time at that forecast it is understandable that the entire administration underestimated the degree to which the previous administration had destroyed the economy for YEARS to come.

I thought better of you than all that, fj. Hell, I was just bragging about the very good debates that you and logroller tend to have most of the time!!! To be honest, usually when I am talking to either of you and the other comes in I get myself some popcorn and a Dr. Pepper and enjoy the learning experience for me!!

Psychoblues
    So you're boiling it down to being Bush's fault? That's kind of ducking the issue isn't it? The underlying assumptions that they used were obviously overstated and this current demand side "recovery" has been shown to lag all other recoveries, supply side or not, in terms of job growth. I wish I had saved the story and graph.

But based on your response I'd have to say that you'd go with a failure of economic forecasting. It's better than the alternative for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you're boiling it down to being Bush's fault? That's kind of ducking the issue isn't it? The underlying assumptions that they used were obviously overstated and this current demand side "recovery" has been shown to lag all other recoveries, supply side or not, in terms of job growth. I wish I had saved the story and graph.

But based on your response I'd have to say that you'd go with a failure of economic forecasting. It's better than the alternative for you.
    Actually, fj, I do read a lot, entertain hundreds of theories and love to talk about politics. In this case I have seen no other reasonable explanation, alternative or not.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    What we have here are an accumulation of old problems that should have been addressed decades ago but were political hot potatoes and as such not addressed. Add to that the challenges of globilization and the changes it has caused to our way of business and lives is still playing out.
    All of our problems have not suddenly happened over a two year period as the OP obviously wishes, all caused by one person.
    Actually, I do agree with you. Hundreds of bad business decisions led us to the here and now, but Obama hasn't done anything aid either, and he start off with all the majorities he needed to pass whatever he wanted, and still couldn't get anything passed. At some point, yes, his record has got to start being about him, and not every person who came before him.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Actually, fj, I do read a lot, entertain hundreds of theories and love to talk about politics. In this case I have seen no other reasonable explanation, alternative or not.

Psychoblues
    That it was Bush's fault? Kind of stuck in the box aren't you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Psychoblues
    A bumber sticker for PB's car

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Thanks red, I can't wait to show this to my friends & family! :

But seriously, The US has has spent a long time watching a lot of these problems build to the failing point ignoring all the warning signs before reacting only because it had to. Some problems are 2 years new, most others though have just not gotten better with age.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks red, I can't wait to show this to my friends & family! :

But seriously, The US has has spent a long time watching a lot of these problems build to the failing point ignoring all the warning signs before reacting only because it had to. Some problems are 2 years new, most others though have just not gotten better with age.
    In my case work is steady with even some OT. Defaults on mortgage are rising with another year of record foreclosures is expected

If you are a bankruptcy attorney or own a repo company - business is booming

And Obamanomics is the best economic climate for these companies to continue to grow

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That it was Bush's fault? Kind of stuck in the box aren't you?
    Why would you say that I'm stuck in a box, fj? Do you think America will ever be perfect? Do you think President Barack Hussein Obama will fix all the problems all the time? Do you feel threatened by people like me that tend to think more progressively and I think more directly critically than you? No, no, fj. I'm not stuck in a box as long as I can get up in the morning, feed myself, take my own shower, piddle around the yard and neighborhood some, entertain the sweet one with the fire engine red hair from time to time, no, I'm not stuck in any box, fj.

We will be paying for the disasters of gwb and his incompetent administration for many years, fj. He left hundreds of thousands behind in high level civil service positions and their damage is yet to be seen as well as all of the unknowns that we don't know anything about as Donald, the fuckin' chief idiot in charge, Rumsfeld might say.

I no longer have any faith whatsoever in the integrity of any rightwinger. Anyone that would rely on Rush Limbaugh and FoxNews to formulate their own opinions has no business in MY life other than for entertainment purposes.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    In my case work is steady with even some OT. Defaults on mortgage are rising with another year of record foreclosures is expected

If you are a bankruptcy attorney or own a repo company - business is booming

And Obamanomics is the best economic climate for these companies to continue to grow
    Good day at work. Performance review & 3.8% raise.

Defaults on mortages rising, what a suprise! I don't know where you live but here in rural east Pennsylvania it's nice to get a breather from the building boom. Many, many McMansions built for a lot of people that could barely afford them and too many others who in no way could afford them to begin with. But credit was so easy! Cheap initial payment and 2 years later the big payments kicked in and you didn't win the lottery in the mean time, DAMN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good day at work. Performance review & 3.8% raise.

Defaults on mortages rising, what a suprise! I don't know where you live but here in rural east Pennsylvania it's nice to get a breather from the building boom. Many, many McMansions built for a lot of people that could barely afford them and too many others who in no way could afford them to begin with. But credit was so easy! Cheap initial payment and 2 years later the big payments kicked in and you didn't win the lottery in the mean time, DAMN
    Congrats to you on your review

Funy how the Dems left out Fannie and Freddie with their "bank reform" bill given how Fannie and Freddie make must a huge majority of the bad loans that were made

Of course Dems are the ones bearing most of the blame in the mess we are in. They had this policy where home ownership was a "right" like they see health ins is a "right"

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone here know what TARP stands for and just who put it into law? Does anyone here deny that we have had extremely serious cost and care delivery problems in our healthcare system? Does anyone here have any better solutions than those that have already been passed into law and are proving without doubt to be achieving the goals set forth in their preambles? I'm all ears to anything credible but I suspect all those paths have already been travelled and found unproductive.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Why would you say that I'm stuck in a box, fj? Do you think America will ever be perfect? Do you think President Barack Hussein Obama will fix all the problems all the time? Do you feel threatened by people like me that tend to think more progressively and I think more directly critically than you? No, no, fj. I'm not stuck in a box as long as I can get up in the morning, feed myself, take my own shower, piddle around the yard and neighborhood some, entertain the sweet one with the fire engine red hair from time to time, no, I'm not stuck in any box, fj.
    Because your "analysis" extends no further than "Bush did..." I don't think BHO can fix ANY problem because his solution his government, government, government. It's a loser program because it can only do so much. Why would I feel threatened by you? It's hard to feel threatened by someone in a box.

We will be paying for the disasters of gwb and his incompetent administration for many years, fj. He left hundreds of thousands behind in high level civil service positions and their damage is yet to be seen as well as all of the unknowns that we don't know anything about as Donald, the fuckin' chief idiot in charge, Rumsfeld might say.
    Translation of above:

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    Bush did it.
    I no longer have any faith whatsoever in the integrity of any rightwinger. Anyone that would rely on Rush Limbaugh and FoxNews to formulate their own opinions has no business in MY life other than for entertainment purposes.
    Nice strawman.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Does anyone here know what TARP stands for and just who put it into law? Does anyone here deny that we have had extremely serious cost and care delivery problems in our healthcare system? Does anyone here have any better solutions than those that have already been passed into law and are proving without doubt to be achieving the goals set forth in their preambles? I'm all ears to anything credible but I suspect all those paths have already been travelled and found unproductive.
    Was there a point to that post? TARP? Healthcare? Better solutions? Anything else you want to throw in that kitchen-sink post?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was there a point to that post? TARP? Healthcare? Better solutions? Anything else you want to throw in that kitchen-sink post?
    What would it matter, fj? You would only throw out your very own straw men, obfuscate the conversation and ignore the facts. BTW, I do NOT just blame gwb for all the nations problems but I don't give him much credit for solving anything either. I consider him to be one of those "If I can't fix it I'm going to tear it all to pieces" types. Or at least tell someone else to tear it all to pieces. I don't believe the man ever did an honest days work in his entire life including his time President of the United States of America. And he doesn't seem to be doing any better as an ex-President.

Psychoblues