Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Walker gives 24-hour deadline to fleebaggers

Stand firm and show the state of WI and the nation what the fleebagger Dems really are

Walker and GOP legislative leaders had sought to pass the budget repair bill before he gave the larger budget speech and even delayed it for a week to allow for more time. But Democratic senators have blocked passage by remaining in Illinois, leaving Walker and his GOP allies in the Legislature to deal with both proposals at the same time.

Meanwhile, Walker said Democrats need to return by Tuesday and pass the repair bill or time would run out on a deal to delay payment of $165 million in state debt to solve the budget problems this year and avoid up to 1,500 layoffs. Democrats denied that, offering a different plan that they said would avoid layoffs.

"Now they have one day to return to work before the state loses out on the chance to refinance debt, saving taxpayers $165 million this fiscal year," Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said. "Failure to return to work and cast their votes will lead to more painful and aggressive spending cuts in the very near future."

Werwie said Walker was giving the Democrats 24-hour notice. He added that the governor will delay sending out layoff notices "as long as possible."

Werwie said that it would take a 30-day process to lay off union employees and a 15-day process to lay off non-union workers.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/117068193.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Demands Democrats Return in 24 Hours

I don't think they're coming back, folks. The governor has nothing but hot air just like he did from the get go. And there is a great cartoon at the top of the article!!!!!

Source: PoliticallyIllustrated.com

By: Richard Long

SAN FRANCISCO (Politically Illustrated) – Wisconsin's Republican Gov. Scott Walker on Monday demanded absent senate Democrats return to vote on a measure limiting the rights of union workers, saying, "failure to return to work will lead to more aggressive spending cuts."

“Now they have one day to return to work before the state loses out on the chance to refinance debt, saving taxpayers $165 million this fiscal year,” said a spokesperson for Mr. Walker.

“Failure to return to work and cast their votes will lead to more painful and aggressive spending cuts in the very near future.”

The budget proposal, along with his support to curb rights for public sector workers, has triggered mass demonstrations in Wisconsin and around the nation.

“Does he truly believe Democrats are going to be like ‘well, I’ve fled the state for a couple days, now I’m going to return home because Mr. Walker told me so?’” Ron Fontman, a resident of Madison, told Politically Illustrated. “The Democrats are not coming back, regardless of his silly 24-hour time limit. What’s he going to do?”.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

Lots More: http://politicallyillustrated.com/in..._page/iw/2422/

I don't find any evidence of any kind of a deadline except maybe some imaginary one that cannot and will not be enforced.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I don't think they're coming back, folks. The governor has nothing but hot air just like he did from the get go. And there is a great cartoon at the top of the article!!!!!

Source: PoliticallyIllustrated.com

By: Richard Long

SAN FRANCISCO (Politically Illustrated) – Wisconsin's Republican Gov. Scott Walker on Monday demanded absent senate Democrats return to vote on a measure limiting the rights of union workers, saying, "failure to return to work will lead to more aggressive spending cuts."

“Now they have one day to return to work before the state loses out on the chance to refinance debt, saving taxpayers $165 million this fiscal year,” said a spokesperson for Mr. Walker.

“Failure to return to work and cast their votes will lead to more painful and aggressive spending cuts in the very near future.”

The budget proposal, along with his support to curb rights for public sector workers, has triggered mass demonstrations in Wisconsin and around the nation.

“Does he truly believe Democrats are going to be like ‘well, I’ve fled the state for a couple days, now I’m going to return home because Mr. Walker told me so?’” Ron Fontman, a resident of Madison, told Politically Illustrated. “The Democrats are not coming back, regardless of his silly 24-hour time limit. What’s he going to do?”.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

Lots More: http://politicallyillustrated.com/in..._page/iw/2422/

I don't find any evidence of any kind of a deadline except maybe some imaginary one that cannot and will not be enforced.

Psychoblues
    Sounds like a lot of people are going to lose their jobs.
    "Tax is terminal. Any civilization that introduces taxation will eventually tax itself to death"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people are going to lose their jobs.
    What makes you say that, Indy? There are impeachment papers at the ready if this incompetent idiot follows through on his ridiculous threats. He is already on pretty damned thin ice even if it is in Wisconsin.

BTW, I don't think we've ever spoken to one another. Welcome to Debate Policy!!!

Psychoblues

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

There's been allot about this but idk the details, basically there's a rep bill that the reps will win if there is a vote, but them dems have left the state on 'other business' to stop the vote taking place, and thus effectively killing the bill?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    There's been allot about this but idk the details, basically there's a rep bill that the reps will win if there is a vote, but them dems have left the state on 'other business' to stop the vote taking place, and thus effectively killing the bill?
    The bill is not killed, Noir. The Wisconsin Senate requires a 2/3rds participation to have a quorum and without the Democratic Senators they cannot commence normal business. The Senators are supporting the Union members and other constituencies that are protesting the idiot governors decision to simply end his responsibilities to the collective bargaining process that exists in his state. I'm considering going up there myself and do what I can for the good people of Wisconsin and the United States of America.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gov Walkers responds to Pres Obama and his snide comments:

Gov. Scott Walker on Monday afternoon responded to comments President Barack Obama made earlier in the day about the protests in Madison:

Walker’s office issued this statement:

“I'm sure the President knows that most federal employees do not have collective bargaining for wages and benefits while our plan allows it for base pay. And I'm sure the President knows that the average federal worker pays twice as much for health insurance as what we are asking for in Wisconsin. At least I would hope he knows these facts.

“Furthermore, I’m sure the President knows that we have repeatedly praised the more than 300,000 government workers who come to work every day in Wisconsin.

“I’m sure that President Obama simply misunderstands the issues in Wisconsin, and isn’t acting like the union bosses in saying one thing and doing another.”

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117101638.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks like wi dems are really working hard on vacationing
    I Believe in love, personal liberty, and less government/more non profits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

The bill is not killed, Noir. The Wisconsin Senate requires a 2/3rds participation to have a quorum and without the Democratic Senators they cannot commence normal business. The Senators are supporting the Union members and other constituencies that are protesting the idiot governors decision to simply end his responsibilities to the collective bargaining process that exists in his state. I'm considering going up there myself and do what I can for the good people of Wisconsin and the United States of America.

Psychoblues
    In the words of the POTUS (I maybe paraphrasing but here goes):
    Quote Originally Posted by BO
    We won!
    Elections have consequences or are you denying that right now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    In the words of the POTUS (I maybe paraphrasing but here goes):

Elections have consequences or are you denying that right now?
    I'm not certain what you're trying to say here, fj. Are you saying that the election absolved the state of Wisconsin of any obligations they might have towards the treatment of their collective employees, or even singular non appointed employees?

Help me out here, goodbuddy!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I'm not certain what you're trying to say here, fj. Are you saying that the election absolved the state of Wisconsin of any obligations they might have towards the treatment of their collective employees, or even singular non appointed employees?

Help me out here, goodbuddy!!!!!

Psychoblues
    I'm saying that the WI legislature is doing what it feels is best given the budget issues that faces the state; seriously not that much of a stretch to understand. How are they being mistreated?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm saying that the WI legislature is doing what it feels is best given the budget issues that faces the state; seriously not that much of a stretch to understand. How are they being mistreated?
    I remain confused as to your failure to recognize the mistreatment of both the labor force and the legislators of Wisconsin by the rather unprecedented and otherwise inexplicable actions of a state Governor that I consider to be either be on a power grab, being coaxed by someone else on a power grab or simply incompetent in his own rights. I am not familiar with their Senate rules nor their collective bargaining agreements but every labor contract that I ever had anything to do with, and there have been many of them, had specific clauses that dealt with the issues of disengagement, striking, mediation, binding arbitration,etc.

It simply seems to me that some individually wealthy politicians would gladly ride the backs of the relatively low paid workers to escape their responsibilities to behave fairly and according to prior agreements to recognize the representatives, whether paid or elected by the employees, to negotiate in the interests of the employees which is the red meat of employee Unions. Corporations, small businesses, managerial types, professional organizations from every walk of life and field of endeavor organize amongst themselves to protect their own self interests. The employees should not ever be placed in any position to not be allowed to do the same. That just wouldn't be fair or American according to me and every reasonable person that I know.

Psychoblues
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 03-02-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I remain confused as to your failure to recognize the mistreatment of both the labor force and the legislators of Wisconsin blah, blah, blah...
    Blah, blah, blah... How are they being mistreated?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blah, blah, blah... How are they being mistreated?
    I think even the Constitution of the United States of America says something about "self evident", not that that has anything specific to this conversation. Now, what is all your blah, blah, blahing about again?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Now, what is all your extremely cogent question about again?
    Just asking a question. When can I expect an answer?