Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Women Converted to Islam

A recent study put the number of Britons embracing Islam at 100,000 with two-thirds of them women. Sarah Joseph speaks to five converts about their journey to Islam.

Given the perception of Islam as a strange and foreign faith, I am intrigued by how many times converts tell me, “It was what I already believed in”, “It answered the questions that had always bothered me”, “It wasn’t anything new.” Whilst the change in faith may lead to some lifestyle shifts, the essence of the faith seems almost familiar.

Having made a conscious choice to be Muslim the new converts often struggle with those closest to them in order to articulate their decision. The constant questions of loved ones, who are often suffering their own sense of confusion and bereavement, can lead to conflict; but it can also facilitate an increased strength of conviction, and a deeper, more profound faith.

The convert sits between two worlds, both reconciled within their consciousness. They are thus able to act as a bridge if they can be true to the journey of where they have come from, and where they going.

Sarah Joseph

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------

Myriam Francois Cerrah, Oxford University DPhil student in Middle East Politics, and regular contributor on current affairs, embraced Islam in 2003 aged 21

Denise Horsley, teaching assistant and dance teacher, embraced Islam in 2009 aged 25.

Henrietta Szovati, marriage counsellor at Barefoot Institute, embraced Islam in 2001 aged 26.

Katerina Nordin-Phillips, a History graduate from SOAS, embraced Islam in 2003 aged 14.

Nabila Fowles-Gutierrez, midwife and musician, embraced Islam in 1999 aged 26.

Last edited by abso; 03-07-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Interesting, as Islam grows, so do terror attacks by cockroaches within Islam.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Interesting, as Islam grows, so do terror attacks by cockroaches within Islam.

yeah, i completely agree, those 6 women are cockroaches within Islam.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    yeah, i completely agree, those 6 women are cockroaches within Islam.
    Sure, that's what I said, dumbass! But it still wouldn't surprise me that they were recruited in some way. Don't get testy just because your religion is responsible for a disgusting amount of terror attacks and deaths in just the last 10 years.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Got any figures for the rate of growth of atheism?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure, that's what I said, dumbass! But it still wouldn't surprise me that they were recruited in some way. Don't get testy just because your religion is responsible for a disgusting amount of terror attacks and deaths in just the last 10 years.
    yeah, sure...

Myriam Francois Cerrah who is studying for Phd is recruiting her friends from university to join terrorist networks.

Denise Horsley, the dance teacher in elementary school is recruiting young girls to join terrorist networks.

Henrietta Szovati, the marriage counsellor is recruiting couples to join terrorist networks.

Nabila Fowles-Gutierrez, the musician is recruiting her fans to join terrorist networks.

you jim said before that you have good muslims friends, haven't they recruited you to their own terrorist network yet ?, please let me know when they do, i might think about joining it with you, or its easier if i join the terrorist network club at my college.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Got any figures for the rate of growth of atheism?
    although in my personal opinion i don't consider denying the existence of GOD as a religion, but anyway i don't have any statistics about the growth of atheism, i tried to search for one, but there is too much conflicting data, some say its declining and some say its growing and doubling specially in US.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I have to say that every single one of those women are completely unattractive in that muslim garb.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I have to say that every single one of those women are completely unattractive in that muslim garb.
    then you also have to admit that they are free to wear whatever they want.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I can't speak for UK laws, but yes, here in the US you are free to dress any way you like, even if it makes you look like an egg crate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I doubt that they want to wear those head coverings. The religion they bought in to demands that they do, so they do.

Orthodox Russian women here in AK have the same custom. I had a conversation with one a while back, and I asked her about it. She said none of them like wearing it, but they do because that's what the Russian men expect of them.

I suspect the same is true of muslim women.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 03-07-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, they are not free to wear whatever they want. islam tells them what to wear and how to wear it. They are not free to have their heads uncovered. They cannot wear high heels and short dresses. They can't wear tight jeans. That is not appropriate for islam's dress code.

They are considered half a person. They must submit to their men. Only women who are into subjugation would be attracted to islam. It's a religion of domination and subjugation. That's islam in a nutshell.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I doubt that they want to wear those head coverings. The religion they bought in to demands that they do, so they do.

Orthodox Russian women here in AK have the same custom. I had a conversation with one a while back, and I asked her about it. She said none of them like wearing it, but they do because that's what the Russian men expect of them.

I suspect the same is true of muslim women.
    those women choose to be muslims !!!!!!!!!!!

none forced them to be muslims, actually there families and friends must have opposed that change, they choosed it, and they choosed to dress like that !!!!!!!!!

so if they don't like it, they will go back to christianity, so how do you think that they don't like it ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    No, they are not free to wear whatever they want. islam tells them what to wear and how to wear it. They are not free to have their heads uncovered. They cannot wear high heels and short dresses. They can't wear tight jeans. That is not appropriate for islam's dress code.

They are considered half a person. They must submit to their men. Only women who are into subjugation would be attracted to islam. It's a religion of domination and subjugation. That's islam in a nutshell.
    yeah, i am very sure that they converted to Islam because they believe that they are considered to be half person, and they must submit to their men .

they choosed Islam, they choosed to follow its dress code, none forced them to do so.

you religion which is christianity, tell you not to have sex outside marriage and not to drink alcohol, so please answer this simple question, did you follow this instructions ???

the same happens with muslims, Islam tells women to wear decent clothes, but that doesn't mean they have to do it, its their choice.

THEY CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSED THIS CLOTHES, so who are you to oppose their decision !!!

i am sure thats why thousands of women around the world convert to Islam every year, because they are dumb and stupid, i believe thats what you mean, am i right ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't speak for UK laws, but yes, here in the US you are free to dress any way you like, even if it makes you look like an egg crate.

yeah i am sure that the women in my pictures look much like the women in yours.

i am also very sure of another thing, that what i am trying to do here, is posting a postive side of Islam, but you are always posting its negative side, while at the same time you are saying that you have decend good muslims as your friends.

that's the very first time i really felt that i want to dispense my respectful way and manners for a bit and say:

with all due respect jim, you are a stupid pathetic hypocrite.
    Last edited by abso; 03-07-2011 at 04:28 PM.