Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    I’m not interested in commenting on your editorial opinions. You are entitled to you opinions.
    JWK

so, basically, you're a coward whose conviction is so little that he cannot defend his position when against one single point?

If you don't care about anyone's thoughts, why even post? You care, you just don't have an argument to my point, and that is what every person who reads this thread is seeing. They aren't seeing someone stating an intelligent debating point, or putting forth an intelligent presentation of the facts. They see a guy who just keeps beating them about the head, and turns chicken shit when he's confronted with the obvious point of argument to his little thesis. Sack up, or concede the point.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the “fairtax” require Mary and Joe Sixpack [as I described them at the top of the thread] to give the federal government a 23 percent cut of the action if they sell the property they have in their labor on weekends by cleaning and painting homes, making handyman repairs, baby sitting, cutting their neighbors lawns, etc.? YES
    If all income taxes are eliminated, I don't see your point. In the present system they'd be liable for 15.3% FICA + income tax. If you're in the 10% bracket, that's 25.3% - MORE than the proposed 23% fair tax.
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 05-08-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    If all income taxes are eliminated, I don't see your point. In the present system they'd be liable for 15.3% FICA + income tax. If you're in the 10% bracket, that's 25.3% - MORE than the proposed 23% fair tax.
    "IF"

There is no attempt under the fairtax legislation (H.R.25), or its companion legislation to repeal the 16th Amendment, to withdraw from Congress' authority the power to lay and collect taxex caluclated from profits and gains as were laid under the Corporate Excise Tax of 1909, upheld in Flint vs Stone Tracy, or withdraw from Congress' authority the power to lay and collect taxes calculated from income as was laid during the civil war and upheld in Springer vs United States.

To withdraw that authority H.J.RES.16 would have to contain the following language:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

And it doesn't contain the above language because the "fairtax" is a trap to expand what Congress may tax, expanding it to include a new 23 percent tax upon the sale of newly manufactured property, and, a new 23 percent tax upon the sale of property which working people have in their labor.

JWK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"IF"

There is no attempt under the fairtax legislation (H.R.25), or its companion legislation to repeal the 16th Amendment, to withdraw from Congress' authority the power to lay and collect taxex caluclated from profits and gains as were laid under the Corporate Excise Tax of 1909, upheld in Flint vs Stone Tracy, or withdraw from Congress' authority the power to lay and collect taxes calculated from income as was laid during the civil war and upheld in Springer vs United States.

To withdraw that authority H.J.RES.16 would have to contain the following language:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

JWK
    Yeah, because repealing a Constitutional Amendment would require a process separate of the process for approving the Fair Tax, requiring a vote by the many states to adopt a 27th Amendment to repeal the 16th, as opposed to Congress. And stop putting the quote marks around Fair Tax. It's gotten just plain sad. Now you're charting the realm of "IF", as you put it. So now your position is so bad that you have no recourse but vague supposition.

So, you still gonna maintain your point on the "property they have in their labor" bit? Fine, here's what he's saying: If I sell my house, and I want to sell it for $100,000, then the sales tax on it becomes $23,000, making the total purchase price $123,000. Of course, this means you have to give that $23,000 to the government, you know, the guys who collect the taxes. Under no circumstance can the $23,000 be considered my money, as it is specifically allotted to tax. The only way that would be true is if I had to send in $23,000 out of $100,000, which is absolutely not the case.

Now, somehow he maintains that this means the seller has to send in tax forms every single month, but you know who sells a house a month? Real estate agents, and house flippers (AKA business owners), and most of them would be thrilled to death to have a record like that. No one aside from business owners have a reason to sell any significant property every single month of the year, and they have to maintain those sorts of records anyhow.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

"IF"
    This is all rather funny because you refuse to defend your other assertions. I guess it's the IRS for you, and the rest of us, because your state rate plan goes nowhere.

But I hear Cain pwned in SC the other night... I bet that eats you up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"IF"

There is no attempt under the fairtax legislation (H.R.25), or its companion legislation to repeal the 16th Amendment,
    Maybe that's because the writers figure it will be easier to pass it if they don't have to amend the fucking Constitution to do it. Perhaps you should consider the fact they aren't idealistic egotistical twats like yourself, but instead have real practical ideas for real people and a desire to get them done.