Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Proof That Waterboarding Does Work

Thanks to waterboarding, the US was able to start to piece together the puzzle that led to the death of OBL

I wonder how the left will spin this news?

WASHINGTON — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/us...in_cia_prison/

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDYkz4727HY&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDYkz4727HY&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and from the man the left hates almost as much as Pres Bush

Cheney says Enhanced Interrogation Probably Led to UBL Death

Former Vice President Dick Cheney told Fox News that if controversial interrogation tactics were successful in getting the intelligence needed to find and kill Usama bin Laden after more than 10 years, then those tactics need to stay in place.

"I would assume that the enhanced interrogation program that we put in place produced some of the results that led to bin Laden's ultimate capture," Cheney said of the George W. Bush administration in an interview with Fox News Monday.

"I'm sure we'll all learn more over the course of the next few days about exactly what happened... We need to keep in place those policies that made it possible for us to succeed in this case."

Cheney and President Bush went after bin Laden hard in the months following September 11, 2001, narrowly missing the Al Qaeda leader in the mountains of Tora Bora that December.

"We obviously worked aggressively over the course of the time we were in office," Cheney said.

For that reason, it seems, President Obama called both Bush and Bill Clinton before announcing to the nation that UBL was in fact killed in a Navy Seals operation just outside Islamabad, Pakistan. Cheney, however, first heard bin Laden was dead Sunday night on TV.

"I don't have the kind of detailed insight now that I would have had two or three years ago. Basically what I have seen to date about this operation is what has been in the newspapers."

Cheney, who came under attack as VP and in the years since for his controversial views on rough treatment of detainees including waterboarding, a form of simulated drowning, said he has heard press reports detailing that types of torture may have garnered some of the intel used to find bin Laden, but that he didn't know enough to "speak authoritatively."

"Bin Laden is dead," Cheney declared, "[But] we have to be on our guard. We are still at war."

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...-led-ubl-death

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ida know red, spin/counterspin. I like to think if the pres said he closed those prisons it happened, but come on-- do you buy into complete transparency. I don;t need to know, just make it happen! If a bear sh*ts in the woods and nobody's there to step in it, does it matter?
    Last edited by logroller; 05-03-2011 at 04:25 AM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Ida know red, spin/counterspin. I like to think if the pres said he closed those prisons it happened, but come on-- do you buy into complete transparency. I don;t need to know, just make it happen! If a bear sh*ts in the woods and nobody's there to step in it, does it matter?
    For the last 10 years the left and liberal media ran story after story about the "torture" of the terrorists at the hands of the US (even though only THREE terrorists were ever waterboarded)

They ranted how waterboarding never worked

NOW, we have the proof it does work

That is why it matters

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This is extremely saddening, so disappointing.

And as Log mentioned I never believed he closed all the secret prisons or stopped all of the "enhanced methods". There's been reports, specifically Bagram Airbase has been mentioned. Business as new usual. Quietly done in other places probably as well.
    If you torture and murder people in the woods and no one ever hears about it, is it immoral?

So I guess you folk think that if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

Water boarding's ok for who ever other countries consider enemies too?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding used by local cops to get info on murders or other important issues?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding for people who plead the 5th is OK.
    Our security is paramount can't be to careful.
    As long as it works.

If water Boarding works why not go a little further, only If we have too.
    Pulling Finger Nails, it's not disabling c'mon. It's not REALLY torture.
    Tasers to the Privates, it's not disabling either some dr's say. might even STIMULATE reproduction. And it if get info. well then. Why not.
    Thumb screws? Well we shouldn't take anything off the table.
    The Rack IF NECESSARY.
    I mean what if everything else failed and the world was about to blow up.

Please don't tell me I'm being ridiculous here.
    we have already crossed 1 clear line.
    Waterboarding WAS ILLEGAL, not today.

If it's legal then why not use it locally. It's not that bad it's not really torture.

The country has crossed over. he are not a country to be admired for our Goodness. For doing the right thing. For being the good guys.
    We are just the strongest. Don't mess with us or we'll kick your A$$. And if we need your lunch money -Oil we'll kick you A$$. As As a matter a fact if we don't like you we'll kick your A$$, even if you haven't done anything to us. Iraq, Libya, next...
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Yes, killing the most wanted man on the planet is saddening. Toppling the leader of a terrorist group that killed over 3,000 of our citizens disappoints me to no end. It all brings a tear to my eye.

Cry a river as high up the ladder you can, but to be disappointed right now because Bin Laden is dead, and you know it was likely a result of waterboarding, is what is saddening and disappointing to me. I personally would have waterboarded 50,000 terrorists if it meant the death of this piece of shit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

And as Log mentioned I never believed he closed all the secret prisons or stopped all of the "enhanced methods". There's been reports, specifically Bagram Airbase has been mentioned. Business as new usual. Quietly done in other places probably as well.
    If you torture and murder people in the woods and no one ever hears about it, is it immoral?

So I guess you folk think that if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

Water boarding's ok for who ever other countries consider enemies too?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding used by local cops to get info on murders or other important issues?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding for people who plead the 5th is OK.
    Our security is paramount can't be to careful.
    As long as it works.

If water Boarding works why not go a little further, only If we have too.
    Pulling Finger Nails, it's not disabling c'mon. It's not REALLY torture.
    Tasers to the Privates, it's not disabling either some dr's say. might even STIMULATE reproduction. And it if get info. well then. Why not.
    Thumb screws? Well we shouldn't take anything off the table.
    The Rack IF NECESSARY.
    I mean what if everything else failed and the world was about to blow up.

Please don't tell me I'm being ridiculous here.

we have already crossed 1 clear line.
    Waterboarding WAS ILLEGAL, not today.

If it's legal then why not use it locally. It's not that bad it's not really torture.

The country has crossed over. he are not a country to be admired for our Goodness. For doing the right thing. For being the good guys.
    We are just the strongest. Don't mess with us or we'll kick your A$$. And if we need your lunch money -Oil we'll kick you A$$. As As a matter a fact if we don't like you we'll kick your A$$, even if you haven't done anything to us. Iraq, Libya, next...
    You are being ridiculous here.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You are being ridiculous here.
    Crucifixion really isn't torture either Abby.
    Not sure why we as Christian say Jesus suffered. Nails in the Hands and feet. We've made it sound worse than it really is. It was legal in Rome for a reason.

And i'm sure Jesus is proud that we water board.
    We'll be rewarded for supporting the practice.
    Since it works. And gets the bad guys.

USA USA USA USA!!!
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Crucifixion really isn't torture either Abby.
    Not sure why we as Christian say Jesus suffered. Nails in the Hands and feet. We've made it sound worse than it really is. It was legal in Rome for a reason.

And i'm sure Jesus is proud that we water board.
    We'll be rewarded for supporting the practice.
    Since it works. And gets the bad guys.

USA USA USA USA!!!

If you are serious, I can see you know being the TV reporter giving the on the scene report from a terror attack that leveled a Wal Mart packed with Black Friday shoppers

As the bodies are carrried away from the scene, you can report how the government had several terrorists in custody who may have had knowledge of the attack, but refused to use enhanced interrogation techniques since they are considered torture

As the bodies pile up at the local morgue and the wonded stack up at hospitals, you can tell your viewers how America lived up to your lofty standards and did not "sink" to the level of the terrorists

You can report how this is the price a free society must pay

Then as an ambulance pulls up behind you, it blows up and scatters you into so many pieces dental records will be neded to confirm your identity

Meanwhile at the prison, the terrorists watching on TV bust out in laughter and slap each other on the back for another successful attack

This is what would happen if there were more people like you in charge of the government revelarts. The public would be sitting ducks and at the mercy of the terrorists
    Last edited by red states rule; 05-03-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Personal attack in the heat of debate.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The NY Times is ignoring the facts as well on how the intl was obtained

New York Times Brushes Aside Inconvenient Osama Fact: Intelligence Originated at Gitmo

Tuesday’s lead New York Times editorial thumped President Obama on the back for the targeted killing of Osama bin Laden, calling the president “a strong and measured leader.” In contrast, the two mentions of President Bush, who pursued Bin Laden aggressively, were both negative. The editors also tried to shoo away the pesky fact that the tip that led to Osama bin Laden’s killing came from a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, the island prison the paper has worked so hard to close down over the years, contradicting its own reporting in the process.

Leadership matters enormously, and President Obama has shown that he is a strong and measured leader. His declaration on Sunday night that “justice has been done” was devoid of triumphalism. His vow that the country will “remain vigilant at home and abroad” was an important reminder that the danger has not passed. His affirmation that the “United States is not and never will be at war with Islam” sent an essential message to the Muslim world, where hopes for democracy are rising but old hatreds, and leaders who exploit them, are still powerful.

Mr. Obama rightly affirmed that this country will be “relentless in defense of our citizens and our friends and allies” — but “true to the values that make us who we are.” Maintaining that balance is never easy, and this administration has strayed, but not as often or as damagingly as the Bush team did. Much will be made of the fact that the original tip came from detainees at the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. There is no evidence that good intelligence like this was the result of secret detentions or abuse and torture. Everything suggests the opposite.
    Not “much” has necessarily been made in the Times, however. A nytimes.com search suggests the detail has so far only appeared once in a news story, either in print or online. The paper has also failed to note the irony of Obama having campaigned on a program of shutting the prison down.

And the paper's actual reporting contradicts the paper's liberal assumption that "secret detentions" failed to gather intelligence. Tuesday’s lead story twice noted that the intelligence work that led to bin Laden’s assassination included “the interrogation of C.I.A. detainees in secret prisons in Eastern Europe” -- prisons which liberals and Times reporters had previously deplored as ineffective, possibly illegal, and black marks on America's reputation.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cla...#ixzz1LKKTsKRt

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Many intelligence people and organizations have found harsh techniques to be unreliable as the people being interrogated will tell the interrogator what they want to hear making the information obtained unreliable.

As for Sheik Muhammad giving up the courier during water boarding...Well, here is what the Donald says.

http://www.talkradionews.com/topstor...-location.html
    Last edited by sundaydriver; 05-03-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    Many intelligence people and organizations have found harsh techniques to be unreliable as the people being interrogated will tell the interrogator what they want to hear.

As for Sheik Muhammad giving up the couriour during waterboarding...Well here is what the Donald says.

http://www.talkradionews.com/topstor...-location.html

Not only Donal, but VP Cheney and Rep Peter King

If the sources you site were in charge, OBL would be alive and well right now and not (like Luca Brasi in the Godfather) sleeping with the fishes

and we have this thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet

Last night, I noted that “much of the intelligence gathered that led to discovering bin Laden was developed by the detainees detained under the Bush administration at facilities like the one Obama wanted to shut down.”

Those facilities, US officials are now reporting, included the CIA secret prisons reviled by the Left, outed by the Washington Post, and condemned by…wait for it…President Obama.

Flashback January 2009:

Saying that “our ideals give us the strength and moral high ground” to combat terrorism, President Obama signed executive orders Thursday ending the Central Intelligence Agency’s secret overseas prisons, banning coercive interrogation methods and closing the Guantánamo Bay detention camp within a year.

…As Mr. Obama signed three orders in a White House ceremony, 16 retired generals and admirals who have fought for months for a ban on coercive interrogations stood behind him and applauded. The group, organized to lobby the Obama transition team by the group Human Rights First, did not include any career C.I.A. officers or retirees.

…The intelligence agency built a network of secret prisons in 2002 to house and interrogate senior Qaeda figures captured overseas. The exact number of suspects to have moved through the prisons is unknown, although Michael V. Hayden, the departing director of the agency, has in the past put the number at “fewer than 100.”

The secret detentions brought international condemnation, and in September 2006, Mr. Bush ordered that the remaining 14 detainees in C.I.A. custody be transferred to Guantánamo Bay and tried by military tribunals.
    Now:

Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/05/02...ecret-prisons/

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is what is known as a non-denial denial. The far left wil never accept the fact waterboarding worked once again

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VH8ELSMKi1k&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VH8ELSMKi1k&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Not only Donal, but VP Cheney and Rep Peter King

If the sources you site were in charge, OBL would be alive and well right now and not (like Luca Brasi in the Godfather) sleeping with the fishes

and we have this thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet

Wait a minute. You post a video showing Franks sayng Mohammed gave up the couriour during waterboarding. Donald Rumsfeld said yesterday that was not what happened. The time line also shows the info turned almost 2 years after Mohammed's water boarding ended.

The information was better likely thru good interrogation technique and movie quality detective work.

Your reply I don't understand at all!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    Wait a minute. You post a video showing Franks sayng Mohammed gave up the couriour during waterboarding. Donald Rumsfeld said yesterday that was not what happened. The time line also shows the info turned almost 2 years after Mohammed's water boarding ended.

The information was better likely thru good interrogation technique and movie quality detective work.

Your reply I don't understand at all!
    I have no idea who Franks is or who you are talking about. The fact is waterboaridng worked acording to Rep King and VP Cheney. Yes it takes time to piece together the intel. This is not "24" where everything falls into place fast

Alo, it is clear Obama has kept most of the Bush polices when it comes to the War on Terror. GITMO is still open. Trials are not held in federal Courts.

The non-denial denial from the WH tells me alot about the waterboarding issue

And Obama gave the go ahead to take the slimeball OBL out. He could have wimped out like the far left would have wanted to and placed him "under arrest" and cost the lives of our troops and other civilians - but he did not

Ronald Reagan