Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Proof That Waterboarding Does Work

Thanks to waterboarding, the US was able to start to piece together the puzzle that led to the death of OBL

I wonder how the left will spin this news?

WASHINGTON — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden’s most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed’s successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

The news is sure to reignite debate over whether the now-closed interrogation and detention program was successful. Former president George W. Bush authorized the CIA to use the harshest interrogation tactics in U.S. history. President Barack Obama closed the prison system.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/us...in_cia_prison/

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDYkz4727HY&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDYkz4727HY&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and from the man the left hates almost as much as Pres Bush

Cheney says Enhanced Interrogation Probably Led to UBL Death

Former Vice President Dick Cheney told Fox News that if controversial interrogation tactics were successful in getting the intelligence needed to find and kill Usama bin Laden after more than 10 years, then those tactics need to stay in place.

"I would assume that the enhanced interrogation program that we put in place produced some of the results that led to bin Laden's ultimate capture," Cheney said of the George W. Bush administration in an interview with Fox News Monday.

"I'm sure we'll all learn more over the course of the next few days about exactly what happened... We need to keep in place those policies that made it possible for us to succeed in this case."

Cheney and President Bush went after bin Laden hard in the months following September 11, 2001, narrowly missing the Al Qaeda leader in the mountains of Tora Bora that December.

"We obviously worked aggressively over the course of the time we were in office," Cheney said.

For that reason, it seems, President Obama called both Bush and Bill Clinton before announcing to the nation that UBL was in fact killed in a Navy Seals operation just outside Islamabad, Pakistan. Cheney, however, first heard bin Laden was dead Sunday night on TV.

"I don't have the kind of detailed insight now that I would have had two or three years ago. Basically what I have seen to date about this operation is what has been in the newspapers."

Cheney, who came under attack as VP and in the years since for his controversial views on rough treatment of detainees including waterboarding, a form of simulated drowning, said he has heard press reports detailing that types of torture may have garnered some of the intel used to find bin Laden, but that he didn't know enough to "speak authoritatively."

"Bin Laden is dead," Cheney declared, "[But] we have to be on our guard. We are still at war."

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...-led-ubl-death

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ida know red, spin/counterspin. I like to think if the pres said he closed those prisons it happened, but come on-- do you buy into complete transparency. I don;t need to know, just make it happen! If a bear sh*ts in the woods and nobody's there to step in it, does it matter?
    Last edited by logroller; 05-03-2011 at 04:25 AM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Ida know red, spin/counterspin. I like to think if the pres said he closed those prisons it happened, but come on-- do you buy into complete transparency. I don;t need to know, just make it happen! If a bear sh*ts in the woods and nobody's there to step in it, does it matter?
    For the last 10 years the left and liberal media ran story after story about the "torture" of the terrorists at the hands of the US (even though only THREE terrorists were ever waterboarded)

They ranted how waterboarding never worked

NOW, we have the proof it does work

That is why it matters

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This is extremely saddening, so disappointing.

And as Log mentioned I never believed he closed all the secret prisons or stopped all of the "enhanced methods". There's been reports, specifically Bagram Airbase has been mentioned. Business as new usual. Quietly done in other places probably as well.
    If you torture and murder people in the woods and no one ever hears about it, is it immoral?

So I guess you folk think that if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

Water boarding's ok for who ever other countries consider enemies too?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding used by local cops to get info on murders or other important issues?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding for people who plead the 5th is OK.
    Our security is paramount can't be to careful.
    As long as it works.

If water Boarding works why not go a little further, only If we have too.
    Pulling Finger Nails, it's not disabling c'mon. It's not REALLY torture.
    Tasers to the Privates, it's not disabling either some dr's say. might even STIMULATE reproduction. And it if get info. well then. Why not.
    Thumb screws? Well we shouldn't take anything off the table.
    The Rack IF NECESSARY.
    I mean what if everything else failed and the world was about to blow up.

Please don't tell me I'm being ridiculous here.
    we have already crossed 1 clear line.
    Waterboarding WAS ILLEGAL, not today.

If it's legal then why not use it locally. It's not that bad it's not really torture.

The country has crossed over. he are not a country to be admired for our Goodness. For doing the right thing. For being the good guys.
    We are just the strongest. Don't mess with us or we'll kick your A$$. And if we need your lunch money -Oil we'll kick you A$$. As As a matter a fact if we don't like you we'll kick your A$$, even if you haven't done anything to us. Iraq, Libya, next...
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Yes, killing the most wanted man on the planet is saddening. Toppling the leader of a terrorist group that killed over 3,000 of our citizens disappoints me to no end. It all brings a tear to my eye.

Cry a river as high up the ladder you can, but to be disappointed right now because Bin Laden is dead, and you know it was likely a result of waterboarding, is what is saddening and disappointing to me. I personally would have waterboarded 50,000 terrorists if it meant the death of this piece of shit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yes, killing the most wanted man on the planet is saddening. Toppling the leader of a terrorist group that killed over 3,000 of our citizens disappoints me to no end. It all brings a tear to my eye.

Cry a river as high up the ladder you can, but to be disappointed right now because Bin Laden is dead, and you know it was likely a result of waterboarding, is what is saddening and disappointing to me. I personally would have waterboarded 50,000 terrorists if it meant the death of this piece of shit.
    Jim, the bottom line is Bush's policies led to this great event. The Dems and liberal media have blamed Bush for nearly everything that has happened since Obama took office

Yet that will not happen in this instance

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

And as Log mentioned I never believed he closed all the secret prisons or stopped all of the "enhanced methods". There's been reports, specifically Bagram Airbase has been mentioned. Business as new usual. Quietly done in other places probably as well.
    If you torture and murder people in the woods and no one ever hears about it, is it immoral?

So I guess you folk think that if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

Water boarding's ok for who ever other countries consider enemies too?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding used by local cops to get info on murders or other important issues?
    As long as it works.
    Water boarding for people who plead the 5th is OK.
    Our security is paramount can't be to careful.
    As long as it works.

If water Boarding works why not go a little further, only If we have too.
    Pulling Finger Nails, it's not disabling c'mon. It's not REALLY torture.
    Tasers to the Privates, it's not disabling either some dr's say. might even STIMULATE reproduction. And it if get info. well then. Why not.
    Thumb screws? Well we shouldn't take anything off the table.
    The Rack IF NECESSARY.
    I mean what if everything else failed and the world was about to blow up.

Please don't tell me I'm being ridiculous here.

we have already crossed 1 clear line.
    Waterboarding WAS ILLEGAL, not today.

If it's legal then why not use it locally. It's not that bad it's not really torture.

The country has crossed over. he are not a country to be admired for our Goodness. For doing the right thing. For being the good guys.
    We are just the strongest. Don't mess with us or we'll kick your A$$. And if we need your lunch money -Oil we'll kick you A$$. As As a matter a fact if we don't like you we'll kick your A$$, even if you haven't done anything to us. Iraq, Libya, next...
    You are being ridiculous here.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You are being ridiculous here.
    Crucifixion really isn't torture either Abby.
    Not sure why we as Christian say Jesus suffered. Nails in the Hands and feet. We've made it sound worse than it really is. It was legal in Rome for a reason.

And i'm sure Jesus is proud that we water board.
    We'll be rewarded for supporting the practice.
    Since it works. And gets the bad guys.

USA USA USA USA!!!
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

This is extremely saddening, so disappointing....
    ^Could rep this post a dozen times.

I'm glad obl is dead, that doesn't mean I have to be glad about how the information that may of lead to his finding was obtained. I have no doubt it is torture, and as such unacceptable.

For anyone who believes that the ends justify the means then you have to ask yourself what means would you not accept.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    ^Could rep this post a dozen times.

I'm glad obl is dead, that doesn't mean I have to be glad about how the information that may of lead to his finding was obtained. I have no doubt it is torture, and as such unacceptable.

For anyone who believes that the ends justify the means then you have to ask yourself what means would you not accept.
    What is sad there are so many weak people who would rather let the attacks happen, have innocent people die - rather then do what is needed to stop them

Again, if people like you were in charge Noir, OBL would be live and well today

Ronald Reagan