Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Oh dear, you mean torturing a person might just impinge upon them a desire to lie to get the pain to stop? I had no idea that humans would react in such manners.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In a statement, Mukasey said McCain "is simply incorrect," on the bid Laden leads and interrogation.

Mukasey said Mohammed disclosed the nickname of the courier "along with a wealth of other information, some of which was used to stop terror plots then in progress." He said another detainee, captured in Iraq, disclosed that the courier was a trusted operative of Mohammed's successor.

Mukasey, who was President George W. Bush's last attorney general, said former intelligence officials have said that up to 2006 valuable leads came from prisoners who were subjected to harsh techniques, including waterboarding.

"Harsh interrogation techniques were both effective and lawful," Mukasey said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110512/..._laden_torture
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Huh, imagine that, the guy who used to be attorney general is backing up the stance that Bush no doubt put him in position for holding. Fancy that?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Huh, imagine that, the guy who used to be attorney general is backing up the stance that Bush no doubt put him in position for holding. Fancy that?
    As opposed to the man your drooling over? Was McCain present for any of these interrogations? Hell, for that fact, who DO you think was present at Gitmo? And maybe at "secret prisons" the CIA has in other countries? Why do you think the DIRECTOR of the CIA stated the same as Mukasey?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/428804...in-laden-raid/

Something tells me that the Director of the CIA would be more informed than McCain. Like I said last week, you're seeing some "CYA" right now in regards to the torture and other techniques, but whether you guys agree or not IT WAS used against these prisoners and IT DID yield useful information, and apparently LOTS of it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

The reason McCain doesn't want to admit that torture will get valid information is that he doesn't want anyone to think that he gave up information when he was tortured.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The one argument made against torture that I can't stand and argue against all the time is the "if we do it then our enemies will do it to our guys". Name one enemy that has captured any of our troops and not tortured them. We don't go to war with nice guys and people that think like us. We go to war against fascist dictators, fascist religion groups and communists. hmmmm sorta like the current administration.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.