Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Ask another DP member a question

This will be a first of its kind. In this thread only, you may post just one question to any member of your choosing. The question may not be "flaming" and this is meant to be friendly in nature to get to know our members better. There is no discussion to be had here, simply questions and answers. If you truly have to discuss something, open a thread in the lounge or shoot the particular member a private message. Again, you can ask, but only once as answers are not guaranteed.

I'll kick things off:

Abbey - can I please see your b...

Oooops, just kidding!!!

Seriously though...

Revelarts - how do you plan on celebrating your birthday today?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, not today.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sorry everyone, saw Rev posted elsewhere that he couldn't reply here. Looked at settings and found out it was set to staff only, members now have rights to reply to these threads! Sorry!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sir Evil - how come you won't answer the phone when I call? Are you avoiding me, you filthy animal? (Ok, I know that's 2, I cheated)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Gabs - do you come here with a smirk on your face sometimes knowing full well you want to piss a few people off? (It's ok if you say yes, I always thought you were kinda cute)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Gabs - do you come here with a smirk on your face sometimes knowing full well you want to piss a few people off? (It's ok if you say yes, I always thought you were kinda cute)
    Yes. Any other questions?

7. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Yes. Any other questions?
    No - now you ask a question of another member!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I want to ask RSR how many hours a day he spends on his computer reading right-wing blogs and posting them on this forum.
    And I want to ask Jim how often he fantasizes about Abbey's boobies. (He can't fantasize about mine since I don't really have any. )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I want to ask RSR how many hours a day he spends on his computer reading right-wing blogs and posting them on this forum.
    And I want to ask Jim how often he fantasizes about Abbey's boobies. (He can't fantasize about mine since I don't really have any. )
    You broke all the rules - only one question allowed for starters... No "flaming" or starting trouble with members...

And I fantasize about boobies of all kinds about 23 1/2hrs per day (and yes, that's possible, as I dream about them too).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Oh good, I enjoy being a trouble making rule breaker!

On a more serious note, I want to ask dmp how he is feeling now that he is back in the states.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm feeling weird. Changed - without trying to be melodramatic. I remember standing outside the hotel the first night I was back. I was looking over the city around me and thinking "these people - WE people have NO IDEA what living means. Our priorities are so f'd beyond reason. We have little idea what sacrifice or toughness (mental/emotional) means. There are hundreds of millions of people facing mortars and rockets and bombs at the hands of mostly islamic terrorists. I feel a bit sad, actually. Sad for our population who doesn't appreciate the freedom and security we enjoy. I'm also still sore. Wonder how long before mobility is completely restored. I feel honored for the opportunity to have served in some capacity in Iraq. A little let-down I didn't get to complete my tour; but I've learned to appreciate what I have given in 'service' - thankful to the taxpayers who support my efforts and provide for my family, based on my employment/service."

That's sorta how I feel, Gabs.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Well, not exactly what I meant, but I can accept that.

Your answer reminds me of when I visited my great aunt while I was in Germany a few years ago. She asked me why Americans were so upset about the 9-11 attacks. Said that was daily life during "The War."
    My great aunt was living in Dresden at the time. Look it up if you don't get the significance.

But yes, everything is relevant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Darin, your turn to ask...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You broke all the rules - only one question allowed for starters... No "flaming" or starting trouble with members...

And I fantasize about boobies of all kinds about 23 1/2hrs per day (and yes, that's possible, as I dream about them too).
    My question to Jim....

Do you fantasize about my boobies or my legs?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Darin, your turn to ask...
    Sorry.

My question is to Sassy -

Do you feel mandatory military service would benefit the nation, why or why not?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.