Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Atheists VS American Legion

Once again, the majority suffers as the "offended" minority throws a temper tantrum

How the hell can reasonable person be offended over a memorial for fallen Police officers?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTKOFqLsgHs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTKOFqLsgHs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The more I read about this story the more pissed off I get. Why would athiests care about crosses? Do they care simply to be a pain in the ass?

The crosses are a expression of faith and honoring the dead. It is not a state sponsored religion

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The more I read about this story the more pissed off I get. Why would athiests care about crosses? Do they care simply to be a pain in the ass?

The crosses are a expression of faith and honoring the dead. It is not a state sponsored religion
    People prefer to confuse "separation of church and state" with "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." There's a difference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    People prefer to confuse "separation of church and state" with "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." There's a difference.
    The God hating lefties and the ACLU are always wanting to remove all public references to God

Why, I will never know

Next up the lefts annual War on Christmas

Ronald Reagan

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The God hating lefties and the ACLU are always wanting to remove all public references to God

Why, I will never know

Next up the lefts annual War on Christmas
    and again, real Christians don't need to have their tax dollars spent on nativity scenes on public. We can go to our churches and our homes can be decorated to celebrate the season. Christmas in America has become a commercial enterprise and the message of Jesus has long been lost in the process.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    and again, real Christians don't need to have their tax dollars spent on nativity scenes on public. We can go to our churches and our homes can be decorated to celebrate the season. Christmas in America has become a commercial enterprise and the message of Jesus has long been lost in the process.
    You talking about God, church, and the message is like Bill Clinton lecturing others on the importance of fidelity in a marriage

You are the last person I would listen to when it comes to matters of religon and what God expects from us

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You talking about God, church, and the message is like Bill Clinton lecturing others on the importance of fidelity in a marriage

You are the last person I would listen to when it comes to matters of religon and what God expects from us
    You would never listen to me about anything... and I would be the same. I know my faith, and I know my church, and I feel confident that we have the right idea when it comes to Christmas. Christmas, to you and your ilk, is about buying THINGS and I feel pretty sure that Jesus would not want his birthday trivialized like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You would never listen to me about anything... and I would be the same. I know my faith, and I know my church, and I feel confident that we have the right idea when it comes to Christmas. Christmas, to you and your ilk, is about buying THINGS and I feel pretty sure that Jesus would not want his birthday trivialized like that.
    You are right opn that

You are a liar, a dirtbag, a schemer, and you remind me a piece of decaying dog shit on the sidewalk

It is libs like you that are destroying this nation by constantly wanting to impose YOUR beliefs on the rest of us and making us live our lives the way you dem we should

So spare me and the rest of us your usal pity party Virgil. I just want you out of here and let you crawl back into the sewers of your town in Maine

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are right opn that

You are a liar, a dirtbag, a schemer, and you remind me a piece of decaying dog shit on the sidewalk

It is libs like you that are destroying this nation by constantly wanting to impose YOUR beliefs on the rest of us and making us live our lives the way you dem we should

So spare me and the rest of us your usal pity party Virgil. I just want you out of here and let you crawl back into the sewers of your town in Maine
    I would suggest that, by using city tax dollars that come from Christians and Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Atheists to erect a shrine to Christ's birth on public property, it is the Religious Right who are imposing their beliefs on everyone else and expecting them to pay for it as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would suggest that, by using city tax dollars that come from Christians and Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Atheists to erect a shrine to Christ's birth on public property, it is the Religious Right who are imposing their beliefs on everyone else and expecting them to pay for it as well.
    Look stupid, the crosses are NOT a symbol conveying a religion

They are a memorial to policemen who died in the line of duty. Some where the cross was put up

Now do you get it?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look stupid, the crosses are NOT a symbol conveying a religion

They are a memorial to policemen who died in the line of duty. Some where the cross was put up

Now do you get it?
    I was responding to you comment about the upcoming "war against Christmas"

sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

How do you reconcile your faith and your relationship with Jesus - and your ability to use the "C" word when speaking to women?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    How do you reconcile your faith and your relationship with Jesus - and your ability to use the "C" word when speaking to women?
    I am a sinner... as are you. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I let my anger overtake my faith. I guess I wasn't aware that you had achieved perfection.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am a sinner... as are you. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I let my anger overtake my faith. I guess I wasn't aware that you had achieved perfection.
    No perfection here, but I also don't try and lecture others, or proclaim to have been a minister, nor try to have an aura of superiority when speaking of my faith. Those who run around using the "C" word, and non-stop using other cuss words, probably shouldn't be lecturing in the slightest bit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    No perfection here, but I also don't try and lecture others, or proclaim to have been a minister, nor try to have an aura of superiority when speaking of my faith. Those who run around using the "C" word, and non-stop using other cuss words, probably shouldn't be lecturing in the slightest bit.
    I am not lecturing anyone about anything. I DO have an opinion about this whole faux "war on Christmas" stuff.... Christmas is a holiday that Christians celebrate... it ought not to require that non-Christians be forced to spend their tax dollars to erect nativity scenes on public property to mark a season that really has become nothing but an excuse to shop for stuff.