Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Cyber 9-11

This may be under everyone's radar but several defense contractors as well as other companies have been hacked within the past week or so. The level of the attacks is very high.

Lockheed
    Northrup-Grumman
    L-3 Communications

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...k-source-says/

Even PBS got hacked. A phony news story that stated Tupac Shakur was alive and well and living in New Zealand was the result of a hacker posting the story on their news site.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not surprised....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to hack into a system that 9 times out of 10 is still using outdated software and browsers....How do I know this?? well let's just say one of my projects provides services to people affected by breeches....we have a lot of government employees as members and most of them log into our site from work.... when they have issues they call in for tech support....really hard to provide support for IE6! When will they get with the program and update their browsers that actually have security updates?
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Not surprised....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to hack into a system that 9 times out of 10 is still using outdated software and browsers....How do I know this?? well let's just say one of my projects provides services to people affected by breeches....we have a lot of government employees as members and most of them log into our site from work.... when they have issues they call in for tech support....really hard to provide support for IE6! When will they get with the program and update their browsers that actually have security updates?
    Well, let's just say, that was not the case here. Whoever broke in went to a lot of trouble to do it and used very sophisticated means to get in.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    All that lack of security, and yet the terrorists cant really hack or intercept info that would be helpful to them, anyone who thinks they are anything but a bunch of morons, super hyped on revenge and hatred.....
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING