Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Drones Get Another Top Al Queda Leader

Great news!

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...a_leader_2.php

Top al Qaeda leader Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US Predator strike
    By Bill RoggioJune 4, 2011

kashmiri.JPG

Ilyas Kashmiri, the leader of the Harkat-ul Jihad Islami and al Qaeda's Brigade 313.

The US has killed Ilyas Kashmiri, one of al Qaeda's most dangerous military commanders and strategists, in a Predator airstrike yesterday in South Waziristan.

Kashmiri is said to be one of nine members of the al Qaeda-linked Harkat-ul Jihad Islami, or HUJI, who were killed in yesterday's Predator airstrike that leveled a compound in the Wana area of South Waziristan. A Harkat-ul Jihad Islami spokesman told Dawn that Kashmiri was killed in the attack.

Kashmiri's death would be a major blow to al Qaeda and allied terror groups in the region. He is viewed as one of the contenders to take command of al Qaeda after Osama bin Laden was killed during a May 2, 2011 raid by US SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

US intelligence considers Kashmiri to be one of al Qaeda's most effective commanders. He served as the operational chief of the Harkat-ul Jihad Islami, an al Qaeda-linked group that operates in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. The Harkat-ul Jihad Islami was designated as a terrorist entity by the US in 2010, and Kashmiri was added to the list of global terrorists for his role in leading HUJI as well as for his links to al Qaeda.

Kashmiri has also been linked to Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence directorate, which has viewed him as an asset due to his prowess in fighting the Indians in Jammu and Kashmir. He is said to have been a member of Pakistan's Special Services Group, although he denied it in an interview with the Asia Times in 2010. One legend attributed to Kashmiri is that he beheaded a sepoy and presented the head to General Pervez Musharraf.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The far left may not like this. Where was the man's day in court? His rights were not read to him. He was denied legal representaton

What part of the word safehouse does Obama not understand?

I like it anytime a terrorist assumes room temp - but the far left may be pissed off. hey will say Obama is not improving our image with the Arabs

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a clear victory for America. We all should rejoice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    This cold blooded murder will be a recruiting tool for more terrorists. Obama is turning the Arab world against us

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    This cold blooded murder will be a recruiting tool for more terrorists. Obama is turning the Arab world against us
    if we had carpet bombed the entire province, maybe... and I don't think arabs really care too much about non-arabs.
    Last edited by maineman; 06-04-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

But we shouldn't pay taxes to help pay for the military industrial complex.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    But we shouldn't pay taxes to help pay for the military industrial complex.

Are you a fan of Dwight David Eisenhower or not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

if we had carpet bombed the entire province, maybe... and I don't think arabs really care too much about non-arabs.
    Where is the rule of law? this man was not read his rights? Was not given a chance to surrender and have his rightful day in court. He was denied legal representaton. Obama is nothing but a common criminal and has a total disregard for the law of the world. This man should have been brought before a Federal Judge and given a chance to answer the trumped up charges against him

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Are you a fan of Dwight David Eisenhower or not?
    What the fuck does that have to do with what I asked you in reference to YOUR comments to me? Stop changing the subject, obfuscating the issues, and be a man for once and stand by your own damn words.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What the fuck does that have to do with what I asked you in reference to YOUR comments to me? Stop changing the subject, obfuscating the issues, and be a man for once and stand by your own damn words.
    Hell Jim you might as well ask for the Earth to stop rotating on its axis

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.h-net.org/~hst306/documents/indust.html

read it all...

try to do a better job than you did on the smoking article.

I love the military. I do NOT love the military industrial complex. I do NOT love the civilian contractors who make boatloads of cash designing new toys for the military to play with. Neither did Ike.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

http://www.h-net.org/~hst306/documents/indust.html

read it all...

try to do a better job than you did on the smoking article.

I love the military. I do NOT love the military industrial complex. I do NOT love the civilian contractors who make boatloads of cash designing new toys for the military to play with. Neither did Ike.
    I couldn't care less what someone said eons ago, we are discussing what YOU said. You apparently have a problem with taxes that go to the "military industrial complex" - which includes national armed forces and defense spending, and directly to the military of the USA. Then out of your other mouth you want to brag about your service and rejoice in the military killing an Al Qaeda leader.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I couldn't care less what someone said eons ago, we are discussing what YOU said. You apparently have a problem with taxes that go to the "military industrial complex" - which includes national armed forces and defense spending, and directly to the military of the USA. Then out of your other mouth you want to brag about your service and rejoice in the military killing an Al Qaeda leader.
    I don't have a problem with taxes going to the military. And I don't brag about my service... I merely state that I am proud of it. I am. I love the navy, I loved going to sea. I loved serving my country... like nearly every other career sailor that I have ever known.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't have a problem with taxes going to the military. And I don't brag about my service... I merely state that I am proud of it. I am. I love the navy, I loved going to sea. I loved serving my country... like nearly every other career sailor that I have ever known.
    Then why on Earth would you use it as a "tool" in a debate, by stating something like "well I bet you didn't complain about taxes going to the military industrial complex...." under pick your (R) president. If you have no issue with it, why use it as a tool against an "opponent" as if it were a bad thing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't brag????

You draw it out like Jesse James drew his gun. You are the biggest blowhard about what you claim you did in life then anyone I have ever had the displeasure to meet

In your mind you are a great naval war hero and a foreign policy expert

Ronald Reagan