Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default $5 Raffle Ticket Buys Dinner With Obama

Not only does it look like Obama is desperate to raise money, but the $5 price tag seems over priced to me

And what is the dinner? A trip to a Subway store with Obama and Anthony Weiner for a $5 foor long?

In return for a $5 donation to his reelection campaign, President Barack Obama is offering supporters a chance to participate in a raffle to win a “casual” dinner with him at an unstated location.

In an e-mail to supporters, the president says his campaign will raffle off four tickets for the casual dinner.

“We rely on everyday Americans giving whatever they can afford--and I want to spend time with a few of you,” Obama's e-mail reads. “So if you make a donation today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to be one of the four supporters to sit down with me for dinner. Please donate $5 or more today.”

The e-mail, which also says the campaign does not take contributions from lobbyists or special-interests, says that “most campaigns” invite high-powered guests to its fundraising dinners. It fails to note, however, that President Obama himself has conducted several high-dollar fundraisers in the weeks since he announced his reelection effort.

“Most campaigns fill their dinner guest lists primarily with Washington lobbyists and special interests,” says the e-mail. “We didn't get here doing that, and we're not going to start now. We're running a different kind of campaign. We don't take money from Washington lobbyists or special-interest PACs--we never have, and we never will.”

Describing the event as a “casual meal among friends,” the e-mail goes on to imply that the dinner will be a chance for the president and four lucky supporters to share stories and ideas about national policy.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obam...nner-president

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd rather spend the money on five state lottery tickets. The bonus if I win is I can donate money to a tea party rep and help improve the country.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I'd rather spend the money on five state lottery tickets. The bonus if I win is I can donate money to a tea party rep and help improve the country.
    I would rather spend the money on ANYTHING else Gaffer

It is telling me Obama is a very desperate man and is in panic mode.

He can't sell out his fundraisers, he speaks to half full halls, and his poll numbers are heading south

Damn I can't wait for 2012

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

His money sources are drying up. He's going to have to get that civilian defense force in place soon. I still have doubts about a 2012 election, but if it is held expect to see fraud and intimidation on a level never seen before in this country.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    His money sources are drying up. He's going to have to get that civilian defense force in place soon. I still have doubts about a 2012 election, but if it is held expect to see fraud and intimidation on a level never seen before in this country.
    Gaffer, you can bet the afrm the "winners" will all be the same

They will be like the dumb women who said she would not have to pay her mortgage any longer now that Obama was elected

or the paid performers who were paid to "faint"

They will be fawning love sick puppies and the liberal media will give it plenty of air time

Ronald Reagan

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I entered - there's a link where one can enter free - in the fine-print. I'd love to chat with Mr. President.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I entered - there's a link where one can enter free - in the fine-print. I'd love to chat with Mr. President.
    Let us know if you "win"

I will look forward to the liberla media's "report" of the lunch

"Obama sits down with red neck racist gun owner and internet hatemonger"

Ronald Reagan

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Let us know if you "win"

I will look forward to the liberla media's "report" of the lunch

"Obama sits down with red neck racist gun owner and internet hatemonger"
    ...and disabled vet.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

D, if you win, say you're far too busy with your guns and religion to attend.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

heck no! I'd LOVE for a conservative / libertarian to be there - not just worshipers. Plus, would still be neat to meet the president, regardless of who holds the position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    heck no! I'd LOVE for a conservative / libertarian to be there - not just worshipers. Plus, would still be neat to meet the president, regardless of who holds the position.
    I was trying to be funny- think it fell flat!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

All this over a fund raising raffle ticket?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Direct Descendent of the "Borgias"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Not only does it look like Obama is desperate to raise money, but the $5 price tag seems over priced to me

And what is the dinner? A trip to a Subway store with Obama and Anthony Weiner for a $5 foor long?
    Can I Cook ??????????????
    Last edited by TheShadowKNows; 06-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.