Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New Editor Interface

With the latest update to the board software, vBulletin has introduced a new "editor" - or the interface you use when making a post, replying and the same in PM's. This was a discussion started in the other thread about the security update. I thought it deserved the attention itself for us to discuss until any bugs may be worked out.

First off, to learn more "general" usage - read the following: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...ed-by-CKEditor

Secondly, not all options were available by default. I believe I have corrected this with a SQL query and now all "icons" above the posting area should be available to everyone. Please post here and supply a screenshot or description if you are having any problems. While I couldn't care less about the editor, some will find the new editor very robust and will give you the ability to do some cooler things in your posts.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    With the latest update to the board software, vBulletin has introduced a new "editor" - or the interface you use when making a post, replying and the same in PM's. This was a discussion started in the other thread about the security update. I thought it deserved the attention itself for us to discuss until any bugs may be worked out.

First off, to learn more "general" usage - read the following: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...ed-by-CKEditor

Secondly, not all options were available by default. I believe I have corrected this with a SQL query and now all "icons" above the posting area should be available to everyone. Please post here and supply a screenshot or description if you are having any problems. While I couldn't care less about the editor, some will find the new editor very robust and will give you the ability to do some cooler things in your posts.
    I like the look, very intuitive. Still not 'strike out' option, something I really wish we had.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I like the look, very intuitive. Still not 'strike out' option, something I really wish we had.
    There is now an "S" with a line through it on the bottom right of the editor. Highlight what you want crossed out and then click on that. Hopefully this line will be crossed out meaning it works.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks to one of our members keen eye, I believe we resolved another issue (the one with JT not seeing all of the editor icons). Apparently the new editor was not applied properly to all of the board styles/themes. Then again, lots of updates I have made in the past year have not been applied to the old and/or test themes. I have disabled those themes and left this default theme as the only choice. The option to change your theme at the very bottom left of the board has been removed. Please let me know if anyone has any issues as a result.

I would love to offer multiple themes, but it becomes tedious to ensure every little update is applied properly across all of them. Some changes to the board may affect one theme and not the other. I think it's best to keep just this one and work together as a community to make it the best for all of us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I changed the lame icon that I first put up there to "strikeout" text. Now on the lower right of the editor there is an "A" crossed out, seems much better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

How do you take a screen shot?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    How do you take a screen shot?
    With no addons, in Windows? Hit shift+print screen