Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Outstanding issues?

I haven't had a lot of feedback regarding board functionality and wanted a central place for everyone/anyone to post their problems. If you find something not working, or missing, please post here and I will see what I can do about fixing whatever problems that may still exist.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'll post my own known issue...

When looking at the bottom of the board, as an example, you may see it saying "9 members online and 15 guests". But then when you view the "Who's online" page, it may shows 16 members and 15 guests (and still only be 9 if you count them).

This is a known "bug" with version 4.1.4 of vB and will be resolved with the release of 4.1.5. I think that release is out now and I will update as soon as I can.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I get a firefox message saying it's blocked an attempt to redirect to another page periodically when I click on a thread. This has only been happening since this new version. I just ignore it but thought I would make you aware of it.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I get a firefox message saying it's blocked an attempt to redirect to another page periodically when I click on a thread. This has only been happening since this new version. I just ignore it but thought I would make you aware of it.
    I've made a change to how the board redirects between www and non-www pages. Please let me know if you get a redirect error again. Abbey has reported a similar issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've made a change to how the board redirects between www and non-www pages. Please let me know if you get a redirect error again. Abbey has reported a similar issue.
    Even better, I added some code to the "server" that will sort of no longer allow anyone to go to the site without the WWW. If you try to go to any link starting with http://debatepolicy.com - it should automatically redirect you to the WWW version without issue. Having a site that allows both isn't a great idea as search engines will treat it as 2 different sites. For whatever reason, this started becoming an issue after the last update. It may be corrected in the next update, but the way I just added it, it should always now redirect without issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In fact, if anyone clicks on this link - http://debatepolicy.com

It should correct for you and bring you to the WWW version of the site.

Hopefully that will end that issue, but please let me know if any redirect issues pop up. Also keep any other issues coming people! I can't fix or enhance what I don't know about!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Also, as I've mentioned many times in the past, feel free to post suggestions here as well as your "bugs". And by suggestions, I mean ideas to better the board (add software, change color/picture, add smiley...) - not "ban so or so and the place will be better". If I don't know about technical issues, I cannot fix them. And your odds on seeing changes implemented to enhance the board are much better if you ask!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

No issues ... I just don't know how to post a picture or video. I can post the link but the actual picture/video doesn't show up in the post. Maybe a reminder about how to do that?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    No issues ... I just don't know how to post a picture or video. I can post the link but the actual picture/video doesn't show up in the post. Maybe a reminder about how to do that?
    There are a few ways to post pictures. One way, is to click the circled icon in the picture below, and then paste the link to the picture in the dialogue box that opens.

An easier way, is to just place the IMG tags around the link to your picture. That would be [IMG] the link to your picture [/IMG] and then the linked picture between the IMG will show up in the post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

There are a few ways to post pictures. One way, is to click the circled icon in the picture below, and then paste the link to the picture in the dialogue box that opens.

An easier way, is to just place the IMG tags around the link to your picture. That would be [IMG] the link to your picture [/IMG] and then the linked picture between the IMG will show up in the post.
    You've just ruined EVERYTHING!!!

I've made it 11 years without knowing how to post a pic.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    A video isn't harder, but isn't specific to the board and may depend on where you're getting the video from. Youtube is the most popular, so lets cover that one. Find and open pretty much any video you like on there. Right underneath the video, click on the button that says "share". Now, click on where it says "Embed". COPY that entire bit of code displayed and just paste it into your post. That's it, now the video will be in your post!

Not all Youtube vids allow embedding, that is up to the uploader. Also, most other video sites are the same, where you can just copy the "embed code" if they offer it. If not, just place a simple link to it. If members are too lazy to click on a link and watch it in a separate window, too bad!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You've just ruined EVERYTHING!!!

I've made it 11 years without knowing how to post a pic.
    Posting pictures are quite overrated unless they contain female boobies! And yes, I must point out female, or the jokesters will post fat men!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Posting pictures are quite overrated unless they contain female boobies! And yes, I must point out female, or the jokesters will post fat men!
    A good thing, too. Jess and Lulu would be all over that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    A good thing, too. Jess and Lulu would be all over that.
    Damn, do you remember when my sister (Janeen) and Sandy were members back on USMB. They liked to post what they called "fatties". We must have had 2,000 posts over there of just the most disgusting women on Earth. Family or no family, I'm glad those 2 don't know about DP or got tired of posting!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Damn, do you remember when my sister (Janeen) and Sandy were members back on USMB. They liked to post what they called "fatties". We must have had 2,000 posts over there of just the most disgusting women on Earth. Family or no family, I'm glad those 2 don't know about DP or got tired of posting!
    Got to watch what you say around a couple of the noobs here or we'll be reliving history.