Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Damn. Now it works!

Amazing what "kicking the box" can do, even when there's no box, eh?

(This is where you should say, "Kicking the box, nonsense! It was my brilliant diagnosis and masterful software skills that saved the say!", right Jim? )

Might still stick with the older editor. It turns huge boldface headlines into plain text, which is what I want it to do, instead of giving you huge boldface in the edit box and a bunch of hassles making them normal and readable.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Damn. Now it works!

Amazing what "kicking the box" can do, even when there's no box, eh?

(This is where you should say, "Kicking the box, nonsense! It was my brilliant diagnosis and masterful software skills that saved the say!", right Jim? )

Might still stick with the older editor. It turns huge boldface headlines into plain text, which is what I want it to do, instead of giving you huge boldface in the edit box and a bunch of hassles making them normal and readable.
    Absolutely!!

Nah, Abbey had an issue with different styles/themes for the board when I forced this default one on everyone. She fixed the issue by changing between the 2. It only made sense to have you manually change it after I changed it with a SQL query.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    Can we please lose the

popup when I close a 'reply to thread' tab? It gets really annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I have a new problem that started about a week ago....

used to be, if I made a reply post and wanted to return to the thread page that contained the post I had replied to I merely hit the back button.....

now I get a popup box that says something along the lines of, "Do you really want to leave this page? Press to continue"........

what used to take one button click now takes three or four......did you change something or did I change something in my browser........
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Ok, disregard the fix to the annoying javascript popup message. While it does get rid of the message, I duplicated the fact that it gets rid of the ability to edit posts. Putting the java file back to it's original state brings back the ability to edit.

The good news is that quite a few have asked vB to add this as a standard "Enable/Disable" in future releases - which hopefully wouldn't be too much longer.
    I think I figured out what I did wrong when editing the code and fixed the error. Had to do with downloading a compressed javascript file versus uncompressed. Javascript files apparently like to be downloaded uncompressed if going to be edited.

I have been able to verify that the annoying popup is now gone, and I was also able to edit posts. Please let me know if there are any other problems pertaining to this issue that I might be missing.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I can post videos ok but I don't do it the way the boss describes.
    Yep your way is better. For some reason it wasn't letting me use the EMBED info. But the Icon works for me...thanks for the tip

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible to change my settings so that when I click on a thread I go right to the last post in a thread? For example, when I look on the list of latest posts and click on one, it takes me to the first page of the thread, when what I would like to do is go to the last page in the thread, preferably to the last post I have read in that thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just click on the little arrow to the left of the title. That takes you to the first unread post in the thread.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default DP is playing Mind Games.....

if I look at who is online it says 12 members but in reality only 4 are plus it shows members (like luna tick) as having been logged in when I know luna tick hasn't......I didn't have special mushrooms on my pizza either....some weird glitches are happening.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    if I look at who is online it says 12 members but in reality only 4 are plus it shows members (like luna tick) as having been logged in when I know luna tick hasn't......I didn't have special mushrooms on my pizza either....some weird glitches are happening.
    Weird, showing 4 online for me and the same displayed on the who is online page. I'm also not showing LT as having been logged in for the past 24.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This morning I noticed that we can apparently no longer upload pics from our computers using the "Insert Image" button. How am I supposed to appropriately express myself in the manner to which I have become accustomed without that function?
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This morning I noticed that we can apparently no longer upload pics from our computers using the "Insert Image" button. How am I supposed to appropriately express myself in the manner to which I have become accustomed without that function?
    Hmmmm... I usually just insert the IMG tags around my links, but let me try a direct upload here...

steelers.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Insert image - from computer - select files - upload...

Worked for me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jess - can you 'splain to me specifically the steps you are taking and let me see if the same happens to me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Hmmmm... I usually just insert the IMG tags around my links, but let me try a direct upload here...

steelers.jpg
    Right. That works if you're uploading from the internet. I can do that, even though it makes me do that nasty, four lettered word (WORK). But uploading from my external hard drive or computer hard drive is different. There used to be both options when one clicked on the "insert image" button up above. It worked that last time I posted from the home computer rather than my phone. Guess that would have been some time within the past few days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Right. That works if you're uploading from the internet. I can do that, even though it makes me do that nasty, four lettered word (WORK). But uploading from my external hard drive or computer hard drive is different. There used to be both options when one clicked on the "insert image" button up above. It worked that last time I posted from the home computer rather than my phone. Guess that would have been some time within the past few days.
    The picture I uploaded WAS from my hard drive... I'm going to now try and upload from both my HDD and the 'net...

From computer:

Hometown.jpg

From URL:

NFL_Steelers.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm ... click the "image" button, which is next to the "insert video" button and the only option it gives me is to enter a URL. It used to have two options.

But then again, Gunny did play on the computer last night ...

I'm gonna be in sooooo much trouble.