Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    I ran into an ex-GF a few years ago. At 45 she was on her 3rd marriage and looking for another divorce but trying to make herself financially secure before she left. She somehow married 2 alcoholics after her first marriage. She was a sweet girl but had little self-confidence (which was why we split). I knew her dad well after we broke up becz years later we were opposites when I worked at the EPA and he was a VP at Mobil Oil. He had the cruelty to tell his daughter and I that she wasn't smart enough to even be a secretary for him. I wouldn't care if it was true (it wasn't) but you just don't say things like that to your kids. Think it, maybe, but don't say it.

No wonder some people grow up insecure. Just becz you can breed doesn't mean you're a decent enough human to be a parent.
    Makes sense...if someone always tells you you aren't worthy...you might start to believe it. Although,this could also fall into the catagory of just needing to be with someone (doesn't really matter who). I think your judement tends to be better if you arent afraid to be alone. Sometimes I think society tends to feed into this insecurity...if you aren't in a relationship...there must be something wrong with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Not as important to me. I don't have any friends offline so maybe I would think different if I had friends.

Basically if I was in a commitment I can't imagine a situation that I'd find myself being subjected to an attack unless it was my own dang family and I don't think my man would want to hang around them anyway.
    I don't really have that many offlline friends either. Maybe I'm too hard on people,but I don't want to be around people I don't feel like I can trust with secrets or when things go wrong (or that I don't particularly like...just to have something to do).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I don't really have that many offlline friends either. Maybe I'm too hard on people,but I don't want to be around people I don't feel like I can trust with secrets or when things go wrong (or that I don't particularly like...just to have something to do).

In today's world you have to be careful who you consider friends; both on and off line. Sad how many people really aren't trustworthy.