Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Do you know what Gehenna is? It's the Valley of Hinnom - you can still go there to this day... .....
    "When Jesus used the word Geenna, Translated Hell in English, he said that it was: a place where both body and soul could be destroyed. A place where God could cast a person after they were dead. A place where "the fire was not quenched" . Can you visit a place that fits that description anywhere in Israel? No. Jesus wasn't trying to point to a local trash trash fire. Still sounds like Hell to me.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    "When Jesus used the word Geenna, Translated Hell in English, he said that it was: a place where both body and soul could be destroyed. A place where God could cast a person after they were dead. A place where "the fire was not quenched" . Can you visit a place that fits that description anywhere in Israel? No. Jesus wasn't trying to point to a local trash trash fire. Still sounds like Hell to me.
    Do you know what "quenched" even means? It doesn't mean "never-ending" - it means that the fire will burn until it runs out of fuel - i.e. the flames won't be put out with water"... In regards to your constant misquoting of the passage on: both body and soul could be destroyed.... Clearly this fits Jesus' using of the word, Gehenna - the trash dump outside the city... It was better for a person of that day to have plucked their eye out then to be cast into this place which would mean they didn't get a proper burial and that their reputation (legacy) - i..e SOUL - would be tarnished. The word, Soul used here is not your spirit or some other ghost-like thing that's in "heaven or hell"..... The whole concept of Ghenna has to do with an earthly judgement on the jews.. nothing at all to do with spiritual judgements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Do you know what "quenched" even means? It doesn't mean "never-ending" - it means that the fire will burn until it runs out of fuel - i.e. the flames won't be put out with water"... In regards to your constant misquoting of the passage on: both body and soul could be destroyed.... Clearly this fits Jesus' using of the word, Gehenna - the trash dump outside the city... It was better for a person of that day to have plucked their eye out then to be cast into this place which would mean they didn't get a proper burial and that their reputation (legacy) - i..e SOUL - would be tarnished. The word, Soul used here is not your spirit or some other ghost-like thing that's in "heaven or hell"..... The whole concept of Ghenna has to do with an earthly judgement on the jews.. nothing at all to do with spiritual judgements...
    CP I'm not sure who your trying to convince at this point.
    the Verse where Jesus says "SOUL and body in hell" the word SOUL is the word "PSYCHE" in greek and it does not mean "Legacy" at ANYTIME in this context or any other.
    your are COMPLETELY off here.

from Strong's which you quote SOUL =
    "PSYCHE
    1) breath
    a) the breath of life
    1) the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in breathing
    a) of animals
    b) of men
    b) life
    c) that in which there is life
    1) a living being, a living soul
    2) the soul
    a) the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)
    b) the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life
    c) the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)"

Besides yours being a mistranslation LEGACY Doesn't even make sense anywhere CP, the Same word is used when Jesus says:
    "...Love god with all your Heart , Soul and Mind"
    "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful even unto death.." In the garden before the cross
    "..God said unto him , 'You Fool TONIGHT your Soul will be required of you. ...'"

Soul is not legacy, Period.

Jesus clearly means that the inner man, the Soul, is going to burn, the "PSYCHE". And that is not burned in a trash dump outside of the city, it is in a much harsher place.

Your the one misquoting CP not me.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only Faith in Jesus is The Way to escape Hell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the Verse where Jesus says "SOUL and body in hell" the word SOUL is the word "PSYCHE" in greek and it does not mean "Legacy" at ANYTIME in this context or any other.

"PSYCHE
    1) breath
    a) the breath of life
    a) of animals
    b) of men
    b) life
    2) the soul
    a) the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)
    b) the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life
    c) the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)"

Besides yours being a mistranslation LEGACY Doesn't even make sense anywhere CP, the Same word is used when Jesus says:
    "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful even unto death.." In the garden before the cross
    "..God said unto him , 'You Fool TONIGHT your Soul will be required of you. ...'"

Jesus clearly means that the inner man, the Soul, is going to burn, the "PSYCHE". And that is not burned in a trash dump outside of the city, it is in a much harsher place.

And I'm not sure why you keep adding english words to scripture that were never used...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    don't misunderstand my motive......I'm doing it to keep young readers from making the same mistakes you have......

Exactly. And thank you for it.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ALL I know is "I aint goin to hell", and thats ;all I need to know
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"PSYCHE
    1) breath
    a) the breath of life
    a) of animals
    b) of men
    b) life
    2) the soul

The soul is the seat of sensation, but is popularly confounded with the spirit. A soulish man is one who is swayed by his senses. He may even be sensual, for such is the usual rendering of Jas.3:15. Those of the apostles who were killed later will lose nothing in the kingdom. Their souls will be surfeited with joy in that day. Their death will only add to their soul's delight in the resurrection. They, however, who come under God's judgment in the kingdom will not only have their bodies destroyed in the vale of Hinnom, just below Jerusalem, where the offal of the city was incinerated, but they will miss all the joys which their souls long for in the millennium. The martyrs who die for the sake of the kingdom have nothing to fear. So far as their souls are concerned, death gives them an immediate entrance into the delights of that earthly paradise, even though at their martyrdom it was thousands of years in the future.

also - 4 Gehenna, the valley of the son or Hinnom just below Jerusalem, is the place where the refuse and offal of the city was burned. In the kingdom the bodies of criminals will be cast into its flames. The distinction here drawn is between the believer, whose death, especially if endured for the Lord's sake, will make him eligible to a high place in the kingdom at the resurrection of the just, and the rebellious, who, even if they should be in the kingdom, will suffer its stern condemnation. The enemies of Christ can kill, and thousands will be slain as witnesses to the truth, yet their act has an effect exactly opposite to what they intend, for it enhances the felicity of the saints in the resurrection. Not so with those whom He executes. They forfeit the joys of the kingdom.