Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God, whoever that person is to "you", exists in your mind, heart and soul. If you don't have him there, then he doesn't exist to you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    I rarely post in religious threads, but I've gotta say this is silly. I witness conversations taking place not attempted conversions.
    If you think either of the Pemberton boys wouldn't try and convert you in an instant, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. It is as basic to fundie Christians as a tool kit is to a mechanic. Look, I ain't saying it shouldn't be done, and I was not forced to participate on this board, but I call a spade a spade. Again, nothing wrong with it either...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    If you think either of the Pemberton boys wouldn't try and convert you in an instant,

I'll say again, I haven't witness any attempt on this board to convert someone. I have witness open discussion. Trying to cliam such discussion otherwise is a mischaracterization.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Yeah... but I keep thinking that on a new board, people are gonna see, not one, not two, but like three threads on this stuff at the top and go :eek2:
    Huh? What's problem? It's a religion folder?? And so what if people think that, they don't have to post on the thread??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Huh? What's problem? It's a religion folder?? And so what if people think that, they don't have to post on the thread??
    Cause he did a bunch in a row and -cp likes "Christians only" threads. Was commenting more on the quantity than on the raising of the issue. No censorship involved.... don't believe in it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He's keeping them in the regious folders and not carrying things to other threads like a certain person we all know likes to do. At least we now have some posts in the religious threads.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Cause he did a bunch in a row and -cp likes "Christians only" threads. Was commenting more on the quantity than on the raising of the issue. No censorship involved.... don't believe in it.
    So what's the problem? There are a number of Christians on this board; it's very reasonable to post a thread asking for THEIR perspective. So often many folk who attempt to use a thread, specifically asking for a CHRISTIAN point of view, to belittle and flame and derail those of us who Believe. As mentioned - if users don't like the nature of ANY thread, they are MORE than welcome to keep from replying.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    He's keeping them in the regious folders and not carrying things to other threads like a certain person we all know likes to do. At least we now have some posts in the religious threads.
    Exactly. It's good discussion/debate so far - with very few people replying ONLY to belittle, etc.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Exactly. It's good discussion/debate so far - with very few people replying ONLY to belittle, etc.
    Thanks for the rep. I agree it doesn't need to be full of belittling. I just enjoy a good discussion. I believe in facts, science and common sense.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's called religious fundamentalism Jillian. They try and convert you with their own brand of gobbledegook. Let them have their say. Doesn't really matter what type of board it is, its' good to know who's who...
    You seeing this as religious fundamentalism and attempted conversion, a dismissive attitude you generally express in most religious threads, is every bit as extreme as any religious fundamentalism.

It is possible to discuss religion on an intellectual level.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You seeing this as religious fundamentalism and attempted conversion, a dismissive attitude you generally express in most religious threads, is every bit as extreme as any religious fundamentalism.
    Why? I'm not trying to convert anybody or force my opinion on anybody. I'm just giving my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

It is possible to discuss religion on an intellectual level.
    With moderate religious folk? Absolutely...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Why? I'm not trying to convert anybody or force my opinion on anybody. I'm just giving my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

With moderate religious folk? Absolutely...
    To hear you tell it, there's no such thing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To hear you tell it, there's no such thing.
    Boooollllshheeeeet. Of course there is. Darin and Cp are fundies and I address them as such. The likes of Jillian and yourself aren't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I think that Religion is the problem. Everyone knows what is right and wrong. There is no such thing as "origional sin" or even a concept of sin. There is only right and wrong 'depending upon circumstance'. If you kill someone is it wrong? I firmly believe it depends upon the reason. Did you get in a drunken fight, or were you defending your family, or defending an old woman being attacked on the street. The christian religions are the worst for 'written in stone' sins. Thou shalt not kill. Look at nature to know the truth...
    Press 1 for english; Se habla Espaniol press 2 to connect you directly to the nearest police department for immediate arrest, detainment, confiscation of all your 'Stolen' assets, and deportation...thank you for calling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norse_soul View Post
    Personally, I think that Religion is the problem. Everyone knows what is right and wrong. There is no such thing as "origional sin" or even a concept of sin. There is only right and wrong 'depending upon circumstance'. If you kill someone is it wrong? I firmly believe it depends upon the reason. Did you get in a drunken fight, or were you defending your family, or defending an old woman being attacked on the street. The christian religions are the worst for 'written in stone' sins. Thou shalt not kill. Look at nature to know the truth...
    The Christian religion is no worse than any others where "right and wrong" is concerned. And while your approach to right and wrong may make sense to you, it would not make sense to a 13th century Japanese samurai. Nor does it make sense in some of these Third World countries where life is cheap.

There is no universal right and wrong.

Using nature as your standard, are you saying the natural selection/survival of the fittest is the determining factor for right and wrong?